It wasn’t what I hoped or dreaded it was

IndyDenise

HAL confirmed festivities on the Volendam:

"King’s Day will be celebrating onboard the ms Volendam on 27Apr18. On board, it is celebrated with Dutch flags and orange décor around the ship, a Dutch cocktail party (based on guest demographics), Dutch themed menu items including bitterballen, herring, stroopwafel and pea soup and Dutch History Trivia."

I wonder if they will serve bami goreng. I love the way HAL makes it but have not had it for years.... and HAl's Dove Sole So good and such a treat to watch the stewards debone it for each guest.

If anyone is wondering why some receive the email about King's Day on their cruise and some don't, HAL tells me that email could be sent to the TA, not the pax.

:confused: Huh? ,,,, Why?

If anyone is wondering why some receive the email about King's Day on their cruise and some don't, HAL tells me that email could be sent to the TA, not the pax.

So the same night that I saw this thread, my mother sends me an important notification from HAL; oh boy, here's the notice about Koningsdag! Nope, it's a note to let us know that they expect embarkation in San Diego to be a cluster because two ships in port and please show up at these times (which I already know from the boards to ignore). We are not with a TA, we booked through PCC and we have not received any notice about Koningsdag for Maasdam. Gonna wear something fun anyway.

So the same night that I saw this thread, my mother sends me an important notification from HAL; oh boy, here's the notice about Koningsdag! Nope, it's a note to let us know that they expect embarkation in San Diego to be a cluster because two ships in port and please show up at these times (which I already know from the boards to ignore). We are not with a TA, we booked through PCC and we have not received any notice about Koningsdag for Maasdam. Gonna wear something fun anyway.

Well, a puzzle.

I do know that when we book though a PCC, notices like these come straight to us, not through the PCC.

And when we book through our TA, notices like these go to the travel agency. The person on the desk (who answers the phone, etc) is supposed to pass on these to the proper TA. Makes you wonder about all those upsells you don't get!

It doesn't appear that HAL is being consistent with their messages to all passengers who will be on board their ships on the 27th. We celebrated on the Zuiderdam last year - great fun! (And we were notified in advance so we were prepared colourwise to join in the festivities)