MSC Divina vs Regal/Royal Princess

SeaThruU

My sister and I are considering booking the Divina for an 11-Night Caribbean itinerary in January 2019. The past two years we have sailed on Regal and Royal Princess for our annual "Sister Cruise".

We are looking at YC Deluxe Suite. How does that compare to a Club Class Mini-Suite on Princess?

We really liked the Princess Live venue for nightly game shows. Does Divina offer game shows in the evenings too?

How does the Thermal Spa on Divina compare to the Enclave on Regal/Royal?

I would appreciate any input I can get from those of you that have sailed on either/both. Thanks!

My wife and I have experienced both. We were on the Royal Princess in a Club Class Mini Suite and we have been on the MSC Divan in the YC twice now and have another scheduled in November 2018.

IMHO the MSC YC wins hands down. You get so much more for the $$.

I will also say in fairness that I enjoyed the Enclave on Princess but can't comment on the MSC Thermal because we didn't use it.

The entertainment on MSC in the main Theater is top notch and not many game show types (if any)

Bottom line is I don't think you will be disappointed with the YC.

We've been on the "Royal" twice, winter of 2016, and 2017. The 2017 sailing was our 24th Princess cruise. This past Jan we were on the Divina. For the same basic category, Divina cabin was larger, balcony was WAY bigger, entertainment much better, food/dining comparable. Pool areas much better on the Divina and the price considerably less for comparable accommodations and length of cruise. And MSC will match the highest loyalty level you are on any line, with thier comparable level..... Needless to say, we've already booked the Divina for winter 2019.

We've been on the "Royal" twice, winter of 2016, and 2017. The 2017 sailing was our 24th Princess cruise. This past Jan we were on the Divina. For the same basic category, Divina cabin was larger, balcony was WAY bigger, entertainment much better, food/dining comparable. Pool areas much better on the Divina and the price considerably less for comparable accommodations and length of cruise. And MSC will match the highest loyalty level you are on any line, with thier comparable level..... Needless to say, we've already booked the Divina for winter 2019.

Hi can you please tell me how they match the loyalty level we was not aware about this and have cruised many times with princess befoer. Thank you in advance

Hi can you please tell me how they match the loyalty level we was not aware about this and have cruised many times with princess befoer. Thank you in advance

Here's the info from the MSC USA website: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

There's also a couple threads in the group here about the match program.

I don't know what level you are on Princess and if there are the same number of "levels"on the two lines, but we are "Elite" on Princess, which is there highest level so we were "Black' on MSC, which is thier highest level.

Here's the info from the MSC USA website: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

There's also a couple threads in the group here about the match program.

Thank you for the info. As we are from uk i can not use this link do you know if this is available for all passengers. Im Ruby member princess and my mum is Ellite so any extras would help. Thanks Again for your help.

Thank you for the info. As we are from uk i can not use this link do you know if this is available for all passengers. Im Ruby member princess and my mum is Ellite so any extras would help. Thanks Again for your help.

You can probably go to the UK MSC website and click on Voyager Club and there should be an option for "Status Match". On the US website it takes you to a form to fill out.

If this doesn't work, call your UK MSC phone number and ask about the Status Match Program.

Hi, we're also in the UK. Last year when we did the status match there was a link somewhere on their website. If you can't see it, perhaps give them a ring.

We've sailed 30+ cruises, primarily Princess and Celebrity. We've just completed our first MSC cruise on the Musica, Brazil to Venice. We loved it. We have the Divina booked for next March and the Meraviglia the following September. Do give it a try, you know the English expression: "a change is as good as a rest" [emoji6]

Sue

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Hi' date=' we're also in the UK. Last year when we did the status match there was a link somewhere on their website. If you can't see it, perhaps give them a ring.

We've sailed 30+ cruises, primarily Princess and Celebrity. We've just completed our first MSC cruise on the Musica, Brazil to Venice. We loved it. We have the Divina booked for next March and the Meraviglia the following September. Do give it a try, you know the English expression: "a change is as good as a rest" [emoji6']

Sue

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Hi yes we are really looking forward to it and the price was fantastic for a Bella Balcony with classic inclusive drinks package. My mum is Elite with princess and i am Platinum so we are hoping to do the Loyalty match some how. Thanks again for your info;p:D