LIVE! Cruising with 3k Ladies, Zumba Groovin’ on NOS

... and a few brave men, on the third annual Zumba cruise! I depart Miami Sunday, and will be LIVE (really this time!) with 6 Gals from my Zumba classes, plus one who moved to Fl last year, and a boatload of NEW friends. For the last week I’ve helped moderate a FB Page full of nearly 3000 cruise “newbies”, dispensing advice from alcohol (don’t even try to smuggle, they’ve seen it all) to WiFi. (Yes! It works!) Using info gleaned here and from my own dozens of cruises, including 2 on Navigator OS, I can answer a lot of questions!

But as a Zumba cruise newbie myself, on my first whole ship charter. I have lots to learn, and share here! So set sail with FGB, as I report live from the Zumba charter; what’s the same, what’s different? Join in the fun... I’ll post a few photos and share a few stories every day. (I apologize in advance for the photos. Hubby isn’t on this trip so I can’t promise the same quality. But I will include lots of video! )

e4230d5a24b221e837098d714ad3b041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packing

One of the first big differences is packing. Fully HALF of my suitcase is workout wear! [emoji23]

This is a 5 day cruise Miami to Miami with POC at Grand Cayman and Costa Maya with 2 sea days. I’ve packed clothes for my excursions, and 2 pairs of dressy jeans with 4 tops, and one stretchy dress that flips inside out to reveal a second “look”! Other than bathing suits and a couple of pairs of sandals, everything else is workout wear.

(Photo Nat Geo Traveler) e90afb3c7646624f0be71c52a0af94fc.jpg

I don’t like to use the dryer on my workout clothes as it affects the elasticity ( I need all the elasticity I can get!) and performance fabrics (wicking etc) so I won’t be sending anything to the laundry. So I have several pack its full of work out clothes to cover 2 Zumba classes per day! The stretchy knit dress will “move” well for the evening parties. This charter has a half dozen of its own musical groups and DJs who will be running the parties- apparently all night long, though I’m sure I won’t last that long.

Comfy shoes are also a must- advice from experts say wedgies, or flat blingy sandals. I packed one of each. [emoji23]

Other experienced Z cruisers say the Dining room dress appears to be “anything goes” (and how is this different from any other cruise, you rightly ask [emoji23]) with zumba wear showing up to dinner regularly.

There are a couple of theme nights. White night (already packed) neon night ( I’ll wear a glow stick, this pair girl doesn’t do neon!!) and Funky Formal, which I interpret as “pretend you are in a Bruno Mars video”

That’s packing! More on Miami later.

Wow! How awesome you are able to put this together. Have an awesome time.

Lol, not me, I’m just a guest...the Zumba folks are organizing this 3rd annual cruise ...my first!

Sounds great fun - wow two classes a day - this will be one cruise everyone will lose weight ��

That’s what we all keep telling each other :rolleyes::'):')

bc68271c231434ef18259e855d4c0e5f.jpg

I spy with my little eye! What do you see? I see Azamara (journey?) have sailed her before! My ships not in yet, but Port of Miami is busy! (Photo from the draw bridge at Biscayne Bay)

So what does one do precruise before a whole ship Zumba cruise charter? Well, Zumba of course!!! 2c608ce1cd343809fae4722697b58221.jpg

The founder of Zumba and a Miami resident hosted a pre cruise zumba master class at the Flamingo Hotel. We could walk from our hotel at the Beaux Arts (top floors of the JW Marriott) It was an intimate affair, about 200 people, mostly gals but several men too.

Pre cruise hotel

Another difference with a theme cruise charter is the possibility of ore parties and meet ups that can dictate where you stay. Ordinarily we would stay at the beach or if we had a short stay, right at the airport.

We stayed at the Beaux Arts due to its proximity to the pre parties we plan to attend. It’s not as jumping as SO Beach, but with Pride Parade on Sun, this seemed like a wise choice to avoid traffic and road closures!

There is a Whole Foods and CVS (with wine section) right around the corner. And several “quick casual” places and a Starbucks nearby for pre cruise meals. It’s quiet in the weekends and very “all business” in this part of Miami.

BA is a boutique style hotel located on the top floors of the JW Marriott, it was less cash to book than the JW when we booked but shares all the services, rooftop pool and restaurants.

Pano of Downtown Miami towards Bay and Beach.

221f01c1f328645700773c629717a435.jpg

Typical (very techy) room at Beaux Arts

92e821d5a4c91fcc03b3c48a6db9c5e1.jpg

A “flute clock”

9e6a9cdf0d28d3e6e5b90123505c72c6.jpg

Hubby practicing his best Zumba moves!

728c90b7ca1a8ebbab54704ab03d39e8.jpg

Sounds great fun - wow two classes a day - this will be one cruise everyone will lose weight ��

Everyone on the cruise will lose weight. I’m call Ripleys believe it or not. That has to be a world record. :D

Good luck to all.

Tony

This cruise sounds like a lot of fun! I'll be on board with you virtually, wish I could be on board in real life! :cool:

It’s a beautiful day, I think this will be one of the highest energy cruises I’ve ever done! I’m already tired from the ore parties!!![emoji23][emoji23]

Everyone on the cruise will lose weight. I’m call Ripleys believe it or not. That has to be a world record. :D

Good luck to all.

Tony

Lol! I’m sure it would be. I expect it to be the staple of Cruise director jokes all week! [emoji568]

7da72c48b039c69936f88a0bb47bc89c.jpg

My ship has come in!!

So excited, heading to boarding in about an hour. I’ll have news on how (if) that’s different and pictures of NOS. I haven’t seen her since she’s had a little work done, so we may not recognize each other!![emoji23]

I’m fully voom connected this cruise and I’ll be posting LIVE all week about how a full ship charter is different from the kinds of cruises I usually take!

Boarding

d515e8b0d2fee81ebc04e7903f539228.jpg

Well, for this cruise, no priority boarding for anyone except pinnacle /suite. I was dropped off at the curb at 10:15. Was though security and check in by 10:45 and relaxing in the boarding area.

The boarding area was HIGH energy, lots of super hyped zumba ladies ( and a few gents!)

0516642b69b5c8cb46a02a4b614928f0.jpg

Boarding started right 12 and we were on board by 12:15.

Once on board, we found chairs in the solarium. the challenge was getting there because of the special set up for the sail away party that Zumba is planning. We had to go down to deck 5, across and back upstairs to go from solarium to the WindJammer. So we just drank our lunch! And drank in this amazing view.

6e3e0b3f47b84cc1509a6de2593d9c68.jpg

Waiting for muster, a little Miami cool down shower.

d8b7d382a02ba10824fe4d6826711fd1.jpg

Cabins opened at 1:30 and we checked into ours, another aft balcony at the rear of the ship that I prefer.

9a16571f54e6e36f0a80d52c7315c7f1.jpg

One of the differences is we had s packet in our room with gifts from Zumba and stickers for the classes we registered for.

I would say there is no benefit to having loyalty on a charter on RC. I had a letter for my diamond benefits in my room, it’s a page full of discounts, one free photo, and no diamond lounge, no pre loaded diamond drinks at the bars.

I would say there is no benefit to having loyalty on a charter on RC. I had a letter for my diamond benefits in my room, it’s a page full of discounts, one free photo, and no diamond lounge, no pre loaded diamond drinks at the bars.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m on the charter after the TA but I’m disappointed to hear about no D/D+ perks. I’m sure you will get your cruise points for the five nights.

How I would love a ‘Zumba Smash’ - my kind of exercise!

Have a great time.

Cheers!

Joan

Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m on the charter after the TA but I’m disappointed to hear about no D/D+ perks. I’m sure you will get your cruise points for the five nights.

How I would love a ‘Zumba Smash’ - my kind of exercise!

Have a great time.

Cheers!

Joan

Lol! Yeah the zumba smash- lift up, put down!!!

Another charter cruise might be different, but this one is no diamond benefits. [emoji30]

Boarding Day activities and ship tour

a03c1c374eb9f5775840a7065bb16eb1.jpg

As I walk around NOS, I see many difference from a standard non charter cruise. First is the ship is decorated all around with Zumba branding, the colors, the signs, even the cruise compass and the extra “class listing” insert are are all Zumba colors.

56cd5bcf41e8014ffbc23f01ea632361.jpg

Another big difference is venues normally occupied by on board by RC entertainers have been taken over by. Zumba entertainers. There was no welcome aboard show, in the theater, the party on the pool deck started at 9 and ran till 11:30 that featured Zumba entertainers and DJs.

49b921e67d9c484c05d3ca91357e1435.jpg

The pool decks were completely inaccessible for the day, with crew setting up light and sound. Guests couldn’t even pass from fore to aft through the area- before cabins opened up it required going down to deck 5 and across, then back up to deck 11. Once the cabin halls opened l, you could just travel down one deck. I would say, so far, if you wanted to bring non Zumba guests on this cruise, (such as children or spouses) it would be a bit of s disappointment because of the lack ok things to do outside Zumba activities.

After muster Zumba classes were offered every hour all around the ship. Sail away came just at sunset, with gorgeous views of Miami.

bc7ecb85934820b7aa40c7fdec78f795.jpg

The whole 5 th floor of the dining room was converted to a zumba wear shop, that featured a huge line up well before the 8:30 pm opening! I’ll have more in dining differences tomorrow.

Day 2 Sea Day

WiFi

The WiFi in this ship is struggling. I think a far greater percentage of passengers in this charter have a package than the standard cruise. But there is a huge difference in the speed of the WiFi Voom on NOS vs my sailing on Liberty if the Seas last month in the same location on the ship and in the sea.

I keep trying to upload photos and getting a “contact us” message from Tapatalk ( lol, right, they’ll send a tech right out to the ship to fix it, I’m sure!

I’ll have cell service in MX tomorrow so I’ll try then to get Day 2 Compasses posted.

I’ll also have more about Dining in a charter and the Entertainment. I’d prefer to include a few photos with my review, so I will hold off till I see the tapatalk tech guys in their speed boat preparing to board. Or when I get cell service in MX. Which ever comes first!

After muster Zumba classes were offered every hour all around the ship. Sail away came just at sunset, with gorgeous views of Miami.

A new zumba class every hour! :eek: I think that might just be the death of me! What do you think? Too much of a good thing? :confused:

Did I understand you correctly that you had to pre register for the classes you wanted to participate in? Could you pick out other classes once you got on board?

Day Two Compass

087c9b2670342b29fb027237b5ecddfb.jpg

fcc2d8679b7b7c9ad16db9c105dfa7c5.jpg

cfd04a0ce6160fafb630e21f4ca36a20.jpg

898a3d17a63c5c3d40c050fbd7e7843c.jpg

Entertainment

Because this is an entertainment related charter, there is a big difference in the entertainment. We did have a headliner comic and late night comic. But most of the entertainment at night is one long party featuring the special guest entertainers brought in my Zumba. I understand this is what happens for most full cruise charters with an entertainment theme (jazz or country music etc )

There is a Tim band in Boleros, I’ve seen the piano man in schooner bar but none of the trivia, bingo or other ships shows or contests on the compass.