On Meraviglia now 04/06 to 04/13

worldtravelista1

Hey! We are boarding on the 10th in Palermo. Thank you for everything you've posted so far and I'm glad to know you're having a good time!

I have a few questions if you have time?

Did you find out on boarding what your dining allocation is?

Is the buffet open most hours or does it shut down between meals?

Is it right that you recieve your cruise card in your room rather than when you check in? We have only sailed NCL so trying to understand the differences.

How does muster work when not everyone boards at the same port? Will they just make announcements like usual?

Is the food in the sports bar type area free or is it charged for?

See you on board maybe :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Ciao Squish!!

We are late dining at 8:30pm.

Yes, buffet seems to be open most hours - but we just learned that we prefer breakfast now in the L’Olivo d’Oro.

We received our cruise cards at Check-in.

Muster was at 16.45, for the new embarkation passengers. They scan your cruise card upon entry to confirm you’ve attended. And announcements are the typical 7-low bell sounds w speaker voice recording.

Haven’t had food in the sports bar area yet.

And yes, hope to see you on board!! Ciao!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You mentioned that you should have brought plastic shirt hangers..... Did you ask your steward for more hangers? I'm counting on there being some extras floating around that they can bring me......

Yeah, good call - I could ask them. I’ve just been doubling up on the shirts/pants w clips/jacket/sweater on 1. Ha!

Yeah, good call - I could ask them. I’ve just been doubling up on the shirts/pants w clips/jacket/sweater on 1. Ha!

Even if you decide to keep doubling up if you do get around to asking, I'd be curious to see what they say hahaha..It would be nice to know if it's not a possibility at all so if needed I can go find some cheap hangers in Hamburg before I embark.

Thank you so much for all the info! For some reason I am feeling totally unprepared going into this cruise so that has helped!

L'Olive is one of the MDRs then? We don't normally go in for MDR breakfast but I'll give it a go!

Has the food all been good? Hope you have a fun day today!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Hi worldtravelista1.....we will be on the Meraviglia October 2019 and we are looking so very forward to it!! We have chosen the Aurea experience. We have sailed on MSC twice so far. Once on Divina in 2017and once last month on Seaside. We have a Divina cruise booked for January 2019 then a few months later on the Meraviglia.

Can you tell me if there is a walking track or maybe a deck where we can walk (usually by the life boats) Also, can you please tell me if there are lounges where people dance. My husband and I enjoy dancing to Oldies, Motown, Cha Cha, Shagging, etc.

Thanks so much and have a wonderful cruise:)

Hi worldtravelista1.....we will be on the Meraviglia October 2019 and we are looking so very forward to it!! We have chosen the Aurea experience. We have sailed on MSC twice so far. Once on Divina in 2017and once last month on Seaside. We have a Divina cruise booked for January 2019 then a few months later on the Meraviglia.

Can you tell me if there is a walking track or maybe a deck where we can walk (usually by the life boats) Also, can you please tell me if there are lounges where people dance. My husband and I enjoy dancing to Oldies, Motown, Cha Cha, Shagging, etc.

Thanks so much and have a wonderful cruise:)

Ciao Granny,

Yes, there is a running & walking track on the 16th open deck. I’ve been using it every day, pretty windy at night.

And I definitely saw lots of dancers tonight dancing to all those genres. Cute to see so many people w their fancy moves. [emoji7]

You should really enjoy Meraviglia!

Also just a heads up, I wish I hadn’t purchased the “Coffee Cuddle” package now for €29 prior. I don’t think I’ll get the value of it.

I pretty much only drink caffe macchiatos, which are €1,45 + the 15% service charge. So if I was able to use all 15, it would be less than what I spent.

BUT the cappuccinos are 2,40 + 15%, so 15 of those would be ~€40.

Either way, i try to visit the port town ea time for their coffees, want to be off the boat early, and don’t want to drink coffee too late at night.

So as much as I love coffee, probably wasn’t the best purchase. (Just my 2c.)

Also just a heads up, I wish I hadn’t purchased the “Coffee Cuddle” package now for €29 prior. I don’t think I’ll get the value of it.

I pretty much only drink caffe macchiatos, which are €1,45 + the 15% service charge. So if I was able to use all 15, it would be less than what I spent.

Either way, i try to visit the port town ea time for their coffees, want to be off the boat early, and don’t want to drink coffee too late at night.

You can also order moccacino or chococino or Ice-Caffee in the Edge-Bar (only there!). They are not on the Bar-List and the Meraviglia doesn't have a special Coffee-List like other MSC-ships. But we hadn't problems to order these more expensive specialties. (4EUR +up) . It's a Money-Making-Ship not like the other MSC-Ships. I like Fantasia-Class much more.

Elisabeth (sailed Meraviglia 02/2018)

Thank you so much worldtravelista1......So happy to hear the Meraviglia has a good walking track!! Super happy to hear that there is dancing available for those of us who enjoy dancing!!!

Have a wonderful time :)

Ciao Granny,

Yes, there is a running & walking track on the 16th open deck. I’ve been using it every day, pretty windy at night.

And I definitely saw lots of dancers tonight dancing to all those genres. Cute to see so many people w their fancy moves. [emoji7]

You should really enjoy Meraviglia!

You can also order moccacino or chococino or Ice-Caffee in the Edge-Bar (only there!). They are not on the Bar-List and the Meraviglia doesn't have a special Coffee-List like other MSC-ships. But we hadn't problems to order these more expensive specialties. (4EUR +up) . It's a Money-Making-Ship not like the other MSC-Ships. I like Fantasia-Class much more.

Elisabeth (sailed Meraviglia 02/2018)

Ohhhhh.... Grazie mille, Elisabeth! Great suggestion! [emoji1360]

If you have the time can you please let me know about the shows and if you have to pay for them or are they free. Thanks.

If you have the time can you please let me know about the shows and if you have to pay for them or are they free. Thanks.

Ciao Babs, Cirque de Soleil has a fee, but I’m pretty sure the others are complimentary; but you still have to reserve your seat via the app (once onboard).

Ciao Babs, Cirque de Soleil has a fee, but I’m pretty sure the others are complimentary; but you still have to reserve your seat via the app (once onboard).

Thanks. Able to find White Zinfandel on any bar menu? I don’t drink any other wine. Thanks for your quick replies. I really appreciate it. Cant wait to board Oct 2019. A long wait.

Thanks. Able to find White Zinfandel on any bar menu? I don’t drink any other wine. Thanks for your quick replies. I really appreciate it. Cant wait to board Oct 2019. A long wait.

I am hoping they change to the other menus when it repositions to the US in 2019.

If it does the regular rose on the menu is the white Zinfandel.

Personally not one of my favourites though I find it far too sweet!