How to get other guests to share in a non ship excursion -Please help

Symphony of the Seas - 7th October - Barcelona

How does one go about getting other guests together for a non ship organised excursion? There is a speed boat and village tour we would love to do in La Spezia of the Cinque Terre but can't afford to do the tour if its just the 2 of us. The boat takes a max of 7 , so we would need upto 5 more people . Anybody got any advice please . Thank you.

* I have posted this on the roll call, but there are not many people there , maybe i'm a little to early with my planning*

There are 5000 passengers; you only need 5. Make sure that your offer stays on the first page of the Roll Call. Obviously the RC is made up of English speakers. I wonder what the demographics are on an October cruise out of Barcelona. IME private tour offers on RCs fill up and often last minute people are scrambling to find anything with interesting openings. Good luck!

There are 5000 passengers; you only need 5. Make sure that your offer stays on the first page of the Roll Call. Obviously the RC is made up of English speakers. I wonder what the demographics are on an October cruise out of Barcelona. IME private tour offers on RCs fill up and often last minute people are scrambling to find anything with interesting openings. Good luck!

Thank you. This is all very new to me, so i have no idea how everything works , still trying to learn . This will be our very 1st cruise.

Silly question, how do you make sure your offer stays on the first page of Roll Call?

Thank you. This is all very new to me, so i have no idea how everything works , still trying to learn . This will be our very 1st cruise.

Silly question, how do you make sure your offer stays on the first page of Roll Call?

On this Main Board every reply to the thread you started brings this thread back to the top. I think on Roll Calls you have to post a new msg saying “Still looking for n people for Cinque Terre speedboat etc” Give as much detail as possible such as total price (I assume that you might still go with 6 rather than 7). I have even organized van tours with the note “Not primarily a shopping tour, maximum of 15 minutes of shopping at any location“. I am not saying shopping is evil, but being upfront about expectations helps people select something they will be happy with, and if I want 5 minutes and they want 90 somebody will be unhappy.

Thom

On this Main Board every reply to the thread you started brings this thread back to the top. I think on Roll Calls you have to post a new msg saying “Still looking for n people for Cinque Terre speedboat etc” Give as much detail as possible such as total price (I assume that you might still go with 6 rather than 7). I have even organized van tours with the note “Not primarily a shopping tour, maximum of 15 minutes of shopping at any location“. I am not saying shopping is evil, but being upfront about expectations helps people select something they will be happy with, and if I want 5 minutes and they want 90 somebody will be unhappy.

Thom

Awesome thanks for the great advice Thom , much appreciated.

Try to include some words to describe the tour in the title. Ive definitely seen people organizing tour together on the roll call boards. But keep in mind the roll call will be a very small fraction of the total number of passengers. Good luck.

Edited by topnole

We have met people on the cruise and joined them or had them join us. If you do not fillup before you depart make certain you go to SailAway and ask around. Don't be bashful. We have also joined tours via the roll call for our cruise. Good Luck and Enjoy

We have met people on the cruise and joined them or had them join us. If you do not fillup before you depart make certain you go to SailAway and ask around. Don't be bashful. We have also joined tours via the roll call for our cruise. Good Luck and Enjoy

Thanks for the Tip of going to SailAway , will keep it in mind . Hopefully i can get some people together via roll call.

Thanks for the Tip of going to SailAway , will keep it in mind . Hopefully i can get some people together via roll call.
Separate from SailAway the Meet & Mingle party generally on Day 2 is also a place to fill in those last spots. Since you are competing with ship tours this is discouraged at M&M so probably don’t make a loud announcement to everyone but certainly talk to those you mingling with.

Separate from SailAway the Meet & Mingle party generally on Day 2 is also a place to fill in those last spots. Since you are competing with ship tours this is discouraged at M&M so probably don’t make a loud announcement to everyone but certainly talk to those you mingling with.

LOL, will keep it on the down low. Thanks

Symphony of the Seas - 7th October - Barcelona

How does one go about getting other guests together for a non ship organised excursion? There is a speed boat and village tour we would love to do in La Spezia of the Cinque Terre but can't afford to do the tour if its just the 2 of us. The boat takes a max of 7 , so we would need upto 5 more people . Anybody got any advice please . Thank you.

* I have posted this on the roll call, but there are not many people there , maybe i'm a little to early with my planning*

Remember that Symphony interports, so there may be 2 RCs for each cruise: generally the RC with the Barcelona start date is the more active one but make sure you post on both RCs.

And now, it seems that people also create RCs on other social sites too which are sometimes much more popular than the traditional CC RC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember that Symphony interports, so there may be 2 RCs for each cruise: generally the RC with the Barcelona start date is the more active one but make sure you post on both RCs.

And now, it seems that people also create RCs on other social sites too which are sometimes much more popular than the traditional CC RC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my word it just gets more and more complicated . Hahaha. Learning so much . Thanks for the info.