If not book shore excursions in advance, will there be some available at the port whi

jaitip

Hello

I do not book any shore excursions yet because I am not sure about the things. Will there be any interesting shore excursions available on that day? Maybe any tour operators.

Can I just walk and see around for the tours and then choose them there or I should book in advance?

Reading a lot of info make me hesitate as well. Some give good some give bad opinion on some tour operators. Some suggest to book independent rather to book via cruise line.

There is only one that I want to book in advance because I am afraid it would be full that is White pass train+ fast ferry from Haines via ship. But i am not sure about my mom to get onto the ferry as it said there is extremely ramp. So still in making decision.

Please share your experiences.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are docking in Haines and want the White Pass train, definitely do that via the cruise line.

For other ports, there are some people advertising excursions, but its not like the Caribbean. You won't see that much in savings. It would probably be best to book in advance.

I would book in advance. If you post excursions you are interested in, we can provide some very good tour operators. The good companies usually fill up and then you will be left with those who have openings.

I really wish you had booked a cruise with Skagway as a port. I know you were set on HAL but with your Mom, it would have been easier to go with Skagway instead of Haines. I also would go with the cruise line for the White Pass RR.

If you are docking in Haines and want the White Pass train, definitely do that via the cruise line.

For other ports, there are some people advertising excursions, but its not like the Caribbean. You won't see that much in savings. It would probably be best to book in advance.

Thank you. I will look through again.

I would book in advance. If you post excursions you are interested in, we can provide some very good tour operators. The good companies usually fill up and then you will be left with those who have openings.

I really wish you had booked a cruise with Skagway as a port. I know you were set on HAL but with your Mom, it would have been easier to go with Skagway instead of Haines. I also would go with the cruise line for the White Pass RR.

I already missed it. I booked southbound which will stop in Haines. Actually i don’t want Haines as well. But at the beginning I thought there would not be much different, now it is. I feel there is only one choice for Whitepass from Haines. So I have to book with the cruise line as you guys agree.

InJuneau, I have whale watching and Mendenhall glacier and dog sledding in my lists now. Is it good in sledding? I saw some opinions not much impressed in it as time spent in the tour less than stated or so.

Any good tour companies you would suggest so that I find some info there.

Thank you.