Crown and Anchor Youth Member Benefits -Issue on Freedom

One of the D+ perks for a youth is "Get and extra $25 credit when you purchase $50 in Arcade credits" We were made aware by a list by a letter sent to our stateroom upon check in. We normally steer clear of the arcade but since this seemed like a good deal over the course of the cruise we took advantage of it. However, after reaching $50 in credit purchases..... I noticed the credit never showed up on the account, I went to the desk and was told they always apply it on the last night. Ok..... so in the morning prior to departure, still no credit. When I stood in line to inquire about it, the representative laughed at me and stated I did not know how it works..... She said the $50 must be bought in a single purchase. No where on the letter does it state such a thing, the only thing on the letter is the quote above. If this is actually the practice, it really bugs me because it is taking advantage of children.

I guess we will add this to our list of do's and don'ts.

I have had trouble with this every time we've cruised with our children. Last year on Freedom in March and again on Anthem in December I was told at Guest Services both times it only had to be a total of $50 arcade credit purchased and it would apply immediately, automatically. I've never experienced the last night only condition.

Was also told both times by GS they could not put the $50 purchased credit on, this had to be done at the self service kiosk in the arcade. (On Freedom both kiosks would not allow me to add credit to the sea pass cards, we've done 8 RC cruises with the kids, not my first trip to the arcade nor using the kiosk). Once that was confirmed and by some divine intervention Guest Services was able to load the $50 purchased credit on both of my kids sea pass cards. Once the burned through that (in about 15 minutes) the additional $25, which was in the same letter we got, wasn't applied. Another trip to GS to have the credit applied.

However be aware, the free $25 credit will only work on video games and not the games you earn and collect points to cash in on prizes. Now that we are accustom to the RC arcade shenanigans we put the $50 on the kids cards and give them explicit instructions to spend it on the point reward games until it's all gone and only then will we ensure they get the free $25 credit for video game only play.

I have had trouble with this every time we've cruised with our children. Last year on Freedom in March and again on Anthem in December I was told at Guest Services both times it only had to be a total of $50 arcade credit purchased and it would apply immediately, automatically. I've never experienced the last night only condition.

Was also told both times by GS they could not put the $50 purchased credit on, this had to be done at the self service kiosk in the arcade. (On Freedom both kiosks would not allow me to add credit to the sea pass cards, we've done 8 RC cruises with the kids, not my first trip to the arcade nor using the kiosk). Once that was confirmed and by some divine intervention Guest Services was able to load the $50 purchased credit on both of my kids sea pass cards. Once the burned through that (in about 15 minutes) the additional $25, which was in the same letter we got, wasn't applied. Another trip to GS to have the credit applied.

However be aware, the free $25 credit will only work on video games and not the games you earn and collect points to cash in on prizes. Now that we are accustom to the RC arcade shenanigans we put the $50 on the kids cards and give them explicit instructions to spend it on the point reward games until it's all gone and only then will we ensure they get the free $25 credit for video game only play.

Thanks for your experience and information.....as for us..... in the future we will steer clear of the place......

That statement is straightforward, "get an extra $25 of credits when you purchase $50 in Arcade credits". You didn't purchase $50, you purchased a series of smaller credits that just happened to add up to $50.

Hilarious......glad it fits your narrative..........