Gurantee Category with Travel Agent

MACE

When booking a GTY Category with a T/A, confirming RCI has the full responsibility for cabin assignment or do they provide choices to the T/A and or does the T/A have any say?

Also, does RCI take into consideration you C&A status?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my 5049W using Forums mobile app

When booking a GTY Category with a T/A, confirming RCI has the full responsibility for cabin assignment or do they provide choices to the T/A and or does the T/A have any say?

Also, does RCI take into consideration you C&A status?

Thanks in advance.

The travel agent does not get involved with the stateroom assignment. C&A level also does not come into play.

Bob is correct. However, if you are unhappy with your cabin assignment and there are other cabins available in that same category, your TA should be willing to request the switch for you.

I just want to give a shout out to both RCI and our Travel Agent!

We have booked a lot of GTY Categories in the past, and always got a cabin assignment we liked. I do understand a GTY just means that, a guaranteed cabin in that category albeit it may be on a deck or location you may not be happy with.

We recently booked a GTY Junior Suite on the Adventure for the larger balcony, as we spend a lot of time on the balcony for the views, and ended up with an obstructed view Balcony assignment over this past weekend.

My T/A was off till today, so starting over the weekend, I went through their Customer Service Reps, who contacted RCI, who could only offer us up a change to another JS, with an obstructed view, on a lower deck, as the JS availability were very limited and/or sold out.

Well, my T/A and RCI came through today with a great happy, pleasant surprise!

We got reassigned to a JS with no obstructed views, one deck higher than our original assignment!

Thank you RCI and my T/A!!!

I just want to give a shout out to both RCI and our Travel Agent!

We have booked a lot of GTY Categories in the past, and always got a cabin assignment we liked. I do understand a GTY just means that, a guaranteed cabin in that category albeit it may be on a deck or location you may not be happy with.

We recently booked a GTY Junior Suite on the Adventure for the larger balcony, as we spend a lot of time on the balcony for the views, and ended up with an obstructed view Balcony assignment over this past weekend.

My T/A was off till today, so starting over the weekend, I went through their Customer Service Reps, who contacted RCI, who could only offer us up a change to another JS, with an obstructed view, on a lower deck, as the JS availability were very limited and/or sold out.

Well, my T/A and RCI came through today with a great happy, pleasant surprise!

We got reassigned to a JS with no obstructed views, one deck higher than our original assignment!

Thank you RCI and my T/A!!!

What were you assigned, and what did you get eventually?

The only "obstructed view" Junior Suites that I know of - on the Adventure - are on the aft, and unless it's Deck 6, are highly prized by many/most cruisers.

Great news. I feel the TA's have additional pull with the cruise lines depending on their affiliations. The only time I've been disappointed with arrangements my TA has done was with a hotel in Hawaii but from the number of people I have spoken with and the number of people at the hotel service desk, that is not uncommon.

The only "obstructed view" Junior Suites that I know of - on the Adventure - are on the aft, and unless it's Deck 6, are highly prized by many/most cruisers.

Was originally assigned 9254

Great news. I feel the TA's have additional pull with the cruise lines depending on their affiliations. The only time I've been disappointed with arrangements my TA has done was with a hotel in Hawaii but from the number of people I have spoken with and the number of people at the hotel service desk, that is not uncommon.

As a TA with a very large company I can state that we have no extra “pull” in getting guarantees assigned.

As a TA with a very large company I can state that we have no extra “pull” in getting guarantees assigned.

I agree with what you said.

My T/A worked her magic with RCI on the reassignment, and we're so grateful and happy with both, on the outcome! We are indeed Loyal to Royal!

9254 has a 3 foot wide steel panel coming straight down to the railing and to the floor in the middle of the glass wall.