MSC v NCL Price Difference!

nikkiw60

I've never had a problem with their customer service on land. They are easy to book with, and take their time, and will answer all your questions. The web site leaves a lot to be desired, but I find that on all the cruise web sites. The more they upgrade, the worse they get.

I also have never had a single issue with customer service via phone (US). The reps have been very knowledgeable and have answered all questions happily. I also have never waited on hold for longer then a minute tops. I guess I have been lucky and I am thankful for that.

As to the NCL question...we actually cancelled the NCL Epic (after sailing the NCL Getaway two times in a row) to book the Seaside. The exact same itinerary but several hundred dollars less expensive with many benefits included that we were not going to get with NCL. Plus the status match.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pam and I are NCL fans and are just now getting the taste for MSC.

NCL is more fun. The cruise director staff alaways seems more enthusiastic and more engaging. The game shows, trivia, scavenger hunts, etc have more energy. We prefer the MDR and specialty restaurant food on NCL.

MSC is more elegant. The cruise director staff is more laid back and relaxed. The shows are fantastic. Other passengers tend to dress up more and the theme nights are fun.

When we booked the Divina for the Caribbean last year the overall price was higher than the comparable NCL cruise considering the Fantastica category only gave a set number of drink coupons and we had to purchase a dinner wine and a specialty dining package. On NCL we could take advantage of the Free at Sea offers with the Open Bar and Specialty Dining. However we were sailing with family from overseas and only the Divina could fit their schedule so we decided to give it a shot.

Boy were we glad that we did! Now we are booked on the Seaside in September... and just before that we will be on the NCL Bliss to Alaska in June.

This time the tables have turned and the pricing for MSC is much better than NCL. Especially now with MSC's Drinks on Us promotion. The difference is well over a grand for the two of us... Of course the comparison in this case is not apples to apples because Alaskan cruises always cost more than the Caribbean and the Bliss is a brand new ship.

Also Platinum on NCL and our last 4 cruises have been within the Haven in a Courtyard Penthouse. We enjoyed them all with very good cuisine in the Haven and good service. We are booked in the Seaside YC next month for about $ 2000 less than Haven pricing. Based on reviews we are booked May of 2019 Seaside YC for close to $ 3000 less than on NCL Haven Courtyard. I looked at the NCL Bliss Haven pricing and just laughed .

Looking forward to our Seaside YC experience next month .

We have never sailed NCL, but we were looking forward to taking a Haven cruise on NCL. we are 4-star HAL, but looking for a more inclusive experience. with the price differential and included features of YC we have booked 3 cruises on MSC through Spring 2020.

I am hoping MSC starts sailing to Alaska. Meanwhile, though I am Platinum on NCL the suite life there is pretty much over. NCL canceled one cruise but I already had one booked for myself, DD, and DGD. Then my DD really wanted o go on a cruise which included New Orleans so NCL won since MSC does not sail from there. We did get a great deal for a spa balcony so as long as NCL does not cancel our cruise we are good to go. I have my fingers crossed the MSC opens a few more embarkation ports in the US. The prices and the YC are tops for my future choice.

I am hoping MSC starts sailing to Alaska. Meanwhile, though I am Platinum on NCL the suite life there is pretty much over. NCL canceled one cruise but I already had one booked for myself, DD, and DGD. Then my DD really wanted o go on a cruise which included New Orleans so NCL won since MSC does not sail from there. We did get a great deal for a spa balcony so as long as NCL does not cancel our cruise we are good to go. I have my fingers crossed the MSC opens a few more embarkation ports in the US. The prices and the YC are tops for my future choice.

We had hoped that Alaska would have been on the schedule for 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums