Just back: Millenium 4th March to April 1st

simonaitch

Back to Back, roundtrip Hong Kong and Hong Kong to Shanghai.

Ask me anything.

Would love to hear everything. Did you stay in Shanghai post cruise or leave same day? How was the ship? I am a S class guy so no very little about M class. What time did you embark in Hong Kong for your China cruise?

Would love to hear everything. Did you stay in Shanghai post cruise or leave same day? How was the ship? I am a S class guy so no very little about M class. What time did you embark in Hong Kong for your China cruise?

We stayed at the Grand Central Shanghai, it was excellent.

It was our first Celebrity cruise and overall we were impressed and would certainly cruise again with them. I understand Millenium is to undergo major refit, however for now she is doing just fine.

We embarked in HK for our Vietnam cruise and did the back to back embark on the ship when we returned in for our 2nd cruise.

Things to note:

Disembarkation in Beijing and Shanghai was a bunfight. Probably the worst organization I have seen on any of my 100 plus cruises.

Fog is apparently to be expected this time of year and will disrupt your travel plans.

We were on the March 18- April 1st cruise. Over all we enjoyed our cruise. I think that Millie is in good shape over all. We did have some fog issues. As we had been to many of these ports before. We only booked one Celebrity tour and that was on Jeju Island. We also booked a private hotel drop off at our Shanghai hotel through Celebrity. We had booked a private tour in Beijing. Celebrity planned 2 nights 3 days in Beijing. Because of fog we got to Beijing one day late. As we had been to the Great Wall already on a previous cruise that ended in Beijing. I booked a private 2 day tour with overnight stay in Beijing for the 2 of us. I emailed my tour contact person and we just slide everything one day.

We were booked in a Sky Suite and ate at Luminae. I really enjoyed the short ribs at lunch. Micheal's Club was very nice. We met a few nice couples in MC. We went to some of the Captains Club evening events and met a nice couple from San Francisco.

I'm already looking ahead at a land vacation going to Guilin, China. Then cruising with Celebrity from Japan to Vancouver.

We stayed at the Grand Central Shanghai, it was excellent.

It was our first Celebrity cruise and overall we were impressed and would certainly cruise again with them. I understand Millenium is to undergo major refit, however for now she is doing just fine.

We embarked in HK for our Vietnam cruise and did the back to back embark on the ship when we returned in for our 2nd cruise.

Things to note:

Disembarkation in Beijing and Shanghai was a bunfight. Probably the worst organization I have seen on any of my 100 plus cruises.

Fog is apparently to be expected this time of year and will disrupt your travel plans.

I was in the same cruise too.

Apart from the Port Authority to be blamed, Celebrity should take some reponsibility for the “Bunflight”. Celebrity had little or no staff to monitor the traffic flow of the queues. There were many “Jump queues” and arguments among members of different priority groups.

Back to Back, roundtrip Hong Kong and Hong Kong to Shanghai.

Ask me anything.

Hi,

I'll be on the Millennium in December and am curious about how active the ship is late into the evening. Do you know if there were many people in the bars after 11 or midnight?

Many thanks

Sent from my E6553 using Forums mobile app

Hi,

I'll be on the Millennium in December and am curious about how active the ship is late into the evening. Do you know if there were many people in the bars after 11 or midnight?

Many thanks

Sent from my E6553 using Forums mobile app

The Cosmos lounge with DJ Lenny was the late night venue. On the occasions I frequented it there was a party crowd upto around midnight and a drinking crowd that went on until 3 in the morning some times. The Martini bar was lively.

Cellar Masters had a few enthusiasts that kept it open until midnight.

The Cosmos lounge with DJ Lenny was the late night venue. On the occasions I frequented it there was a party crowd upto around midnight and a drinking crowd that went on until 3 in the morning some times. The Martini bar was lively.

Cellar Masters had a few enthusiasts that kept it open until midnight.

Perfect. That's good to know, thanks. Not planning on being up until all hours every night but it's good to know there are venues if I fancy a late one or two.

Thanks!

Sent from my G8142 using Forums mobile app

Perfect. That's good to know, thanks. Not planning on being up until all hours every night but it's good to know there are venues if I fancy a late one or two.

Thanks!

Forgot to mention the Rendezvous bar. Quite entertaining watching some pretty good dancers doing there "Dancing with Stars" routines. Really good Jazz style 4 piece combo kept the dancefloor busy most nights.

Forgot to mention the Rendezvous bar. Quite entertaining watching some pretty good dancers doing there "Dancing with Stars" routines. Really good Jazz style 4 piece combo kept the dancefloor busy most nights.
Looks like a few places to keep me busy late into the evening when I'm not up early the next day for excursions!

Thanks again.