Jetblue or Delta????

Wishing on a star

My experience with JB on time performance has been excellence. Most of the time the flight arrived early. I however fly from the Washington DC/BWI area. The one delay I had was coming back from MCO in Dec. There was an ice storm in DC the flight was 2 hours late leaving after boarding .This was due to DCA shutting down the airport temporary. JB allowed us to exit the plan freely to get food and showed a movie . Passengers were given free earbuds. With any winter weather ,delays and cancellations are to be expected. I monitor the weather forecast and plan according.

The schedules are usually not this late coming out. I suspect it has to do with the oil prices. If you can wait it might be worth it to check their prices.

Lastly , their CS is excellent. If any problems arise ,they will try and make it right. My new suitcase obtained a small tear on a flight .JB issued me a flight credit that is equal to a one way ticket. While the agent is doing this , she was empathetic and pleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Escaping Cruiser

I have flown JetBlue out of Boston to Ft Lauderdale since they started flying from this area. I have not experienced any long delays as I try to get one of the first flights out of Boston, those first flights, in my experience, almost always are on time except if delayed by weather. Once I was delayed out of Providence into Orlando 4 hours and that was an evening flight, I should have booked the earlier flight as that one was on time.

Flying back home to Boston from Ft lauderdale, the most I was delayed was 30 minutes and that was only once.

Bottom line is if you get one of the first flights out, weather cooperates, you should be fine.

I like both airlines, but given the option I would chose JetBlue each time.

Edited by doone

Great news from both of you about JB on-time performance. If the schedule remains the same, we'll be taking a very early flight to Fort Lauderdale and returning on a late flight to Detroit. Those are currently the only nonstop flights offered by JB. Now it's just playing the waiting game for the dates for our seats to open up.

We are flying on Jet Blue the day before our upcoming cruise, I have recently started to use a mobility scooter and would like to know if any have had experience on how they handle scooter's. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale taking advantage of direct nonstop flight that they offer just would like to know what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...
Love Jet Blue. We frequently fly JB out of BOS to FLL. By using my JB credit card and all the points,we fly to the west coast for taxes only.

Seats are more comfy than Delta: we opt for the extra space seats. At least you get free snacks on JB.

Darcy

Us as well. JetBlue is my favorite, more legroom, TVs with Directv and free Wifi. And direct flights from Boston and other surrounding airports.

With that said, we recently flew Delta to Miami on our last cruise due to cheaper flights using our miles. The newer plane also had TVs and Wifi, though the programming was not like JetBlue and snacks not as good. It was fine, but we had a layover. Would do Delta again for the right price.

• 2 weeks later...

We were finally able to book our tickets from Detroit-Fort Lauderdale on JetBlue for our April cruise since they opened up their ticket sales through the end of April this past Sunday. Even with booking their Blue Plus fare with Even Bigger Seats, the cost was $240 (for 2) less than Delta’s Comfort+ seats. We also go from a 34” seat pitch to 38”, and each of our first checked bags is included with no additional charge. We’re looking forward to our first JetBlue flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums