Cruise Critic Community
JP46

Free trolley

Can anyone confirm if the free, hop on, hop off trolley is running. I have read conflicting posts.

Yes- running. Was there on MSC last week. THOUGH- many of the numbered 'Trolley Stop' signs are missing. You will still see the green metal posts with a triangle design where the # used to be before the Hurricane. Trolley still stops there. There are 3 routes (2 go to the Forts). You can Google the trolley map. BTW- spoke to the Park Ranger at El Morro- she said the smaller 'white' trolleys are no longer running. She said those were 'their' own trolleys (Park Service?). They were the ones that could take you ALL the way up that very long path to El Morro and drop you right at the door...

Yes- running. Was there on MSC last week. THOUGH- many of the numbered 'Trolley Stop' signs are missing. You will still see the green metal posts with a triangle design where the # used to be before the Hurricane. Trolley still stops there. There are 3 routes (2 go to the Forts). You can Google the trolley map. BTW- spoke to the Park Ranger at El Morro- she said the smaller 'white' trolleys are no longer running. She said those were 'their' own trolleys (Park Service?). They were the ones that could take you ALL the way up that very long path to El Morro and drop you right at the door...

Also, if you go into just about any bar in OSJ, they will have free maps, so you can see where the trolly is supposed to stop.

Salud

-F-

That is unfortunate. I always liked the open air trolley over the enclosed ones. We will be back in San Juan in a couple of weeks. At least now I know not to wait around for one of the open air ones to show up.

How far is he walk from where the trolley stops now to the fort?

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

It's a five minute walk from the nearest vehicle access point to the actual entrance to the fort through the giant old door.

Are we supposed to up the trolley drivers? If so, how much? I’ve never been on one.

Harmony 06/02/18

Are we supposed to up the trolley drivers? If so, how much? I’ve never been on one.

Harmony 06/02/18

No. Just get on and off.

Thanks guys. It’s good to know that it’s not expected, but can be done.

Harmony 06/02/18

How far is the trolley from the cruise terminal?

From the end of the pier if you turn left I would say it is a 1-2 minute walk to the closest stop.

From the end of the pier if you turn left I would say it is a 1-2 minute walk to the closest stop.

Thank you!!!