Latitudes Tier ~ Gold to Platinum ~ Change During Back to Back Cruise

JoanieBlon

My husband and I are currently at the Gold Tier level in the NCL Latitudes program. We are booked on back to back cruises this Fall on The Breakaway ~ first the 9 day Baltic Capitols cruise RT Copenhagen followed by the Transatlantic cruise from Copenhagen to NYC. We each are currently 12 points away from Platinum status, but will achieve Platinum at completion of the Baltics cruise due to qualifying for the double Latitudes points promotion. At the start of the Transatlantic cruise we "should be" Platinum, which allows for considerably more perks than Gold.

My question is, will that change in Latitudes tiers be applied IMMEDIATELY so we can get the free meals with wine, free laundry, etc., while on our Transatlantic cruise? I called NCL, but the rep I spoke with seemed to be sort of wishy washy with her reply. She seemed to think that it would take 3 or 4 days from the conclusion of our Baltics cruise, BUT the day of the week our first leg ends might influence when NCL got around to posting the change.

Should I go to the person at the Future Cruise Desk ~ who I understand is also in charge of Latitudes issues onboard ~ and explain the situation?

If any of you has personal experience with tier changes in the middle of back to back cruises, I would very much appreciate your input! :)

We went from bronze to silver, during B2B and Cruise Next desk upgraded us during the first leg - helped that we bought Cruise Next Certificates & I spent WAY to much time at Guest Services due to technical glitches.

If they are separate reservations, you probably need to get a new key card, and it should have you listed as Platinum for the second cruise

The cruises are booked as 2 separate cruises with individual reservation numbers.

Then it should be easy. Speak to the Cruise Next person and it will all be taken care of, you will need to go get a new room card, but they should give you all the Platinum paperwork on the first day of cruise #2.

To make this transistion a lot easier - on the first leg of the B2B cruise visit the Next Cruise Desk and

give them a heads-up that you would be Platinum before the next leg.

That should smooth out any check-in; registration; transit and key card issues before the second leg.

This should give you more shore excursion or port time at the B2B port if that is what you plan to do.

Congratulations on gaming the system for the fast track to the Platinum level - points + Latitude points !