Carnival Magic - Carry on bags/Decorations

PhantomCruiser

Hello all! So, we are surprising my sister on her birthday cruise, and have a few items we want to decorate her door with. We were planning on bringing these items in a carry on bag, so we could do it as soon as we get on the ship. Now, i've read we are limited to 2 bags (its a 6 day cruise). Do they count a backpack/carry on/a large bag which can be folded after we empty it, as one of our 2 bag limit? Also, has anyone boarded before with decorations (the largest item we have is a wreath) and run in to any problems? I'd hate to get there and have to either throw things away or bring them back to the car, so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance :)

I've never heard of a 2 bag limit. Just know that carryons have to fit thru the scanner and suitcases go under your bed.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

You're not limited. You can carry your decorations and such in another bag if you wish. Enjoy your cruise!

Awesome! Thank you!

Where did you read a 2 bag limit? Also your room won’t be ready as soon as you get on the ship unless you have FTTF.

I guess I shouldn't call it a limit, as it think it said "they suggest", or something along those lines. It was right on the carnival website (which doesn't seem to be working for me right now, or i'd quote it directly).

I'm ok with not be able to go into my room, but will I be able to access the hallways by the rooms so I can decorate hers early?

I guess I shouldn't call it a limit, as it think it said "they suggest", or something along those lines. It was right on the carnival website (which doesn't seem to be working for me right now, or i'd quote it directly).

I'm ok with not be able to go into my room, but will I be able to access the hallways by the rooms so I can decorate hers early?

Carnival also 'suggests' you wear a coat/tie and other dress clothes on elegant night, and they also 'suggest' you stick with Carnival sponsored excursions. :')

No, you're not supposed to go beyond the fire doors until 1:30 or the announcement is made.

Carnival also 'suggests' you wear a coat/tie and other dress clothes on elegant night, and they also 'suggest' you stick with Carnival sponsored excursions. :')

No, you're not supposed to go beyond the fire doors until 1:30 or the announcement is made.

:')

That works for me! Thanks!

Awesome! Thank you!

You aren't technically supposed to go to the hallway until 1:30. What I would do is wait until about 1:00 to do it, that way, the room should be ready, so you would't get in the cabin steward's way.