Inside cabin GTY - what's been your experience?

Monnom

Cruising on Getaway April 29th and still no cabin assigned. I'm not worried but curious what others have gotten with an inside guarantee cabin? I'm honestly okay with whatever I get, and actually think it's a little exciting not knowing. My son and his girlfriend got their cabin assigned many weeks ago, but I'm still waiting. :rolleyes:

Norwegian Pearl- Jan 2017- My cabin was assigned about a week before sailing. I got an inside near a crew work area in the middle of the ship.

That doesn't sound promising, Nancy. Last cruise I was beside a work area and was awoken many, many times from it :(

I got a far forward deck 12 inside on the Epic. Once it was assigned and the prices dropped after final payment, we paid to upgrade to a gty balcony. It was not the BX gty, but like a BC or BD, as they were sold out. We got an aft-ish near the elevators with a covered balcony on deck 9. I think it was less than $100 total to upgrade. Also, because we paid for the upgrade we got the comps that went with the higher level cabin (this as opposed to making a bid).

Being near a noisy area isn't just an experience of a guarantee or inside cabin. We had a forward penthouse cabin and thought a train was coming through early one morning when the ship dropped anchor. The fog horn was above us, so that was another early wake-up call. No other reviewer had mentioned that. Maybe they didn't have a tender port or fog.

I got a far forward deck 12 inside on the Epic. Once it was assigned and the prices dropped after final payment, we paid to upgrade to a gty balcony. It was not the BX gty, but like a BC or BD, as they were sold out. We got an aft-ish near the elevators with a covered balcony on deck 9. I think it was less than $100 total to upgrade. Also, because we paid for the upgrade we got the comps that went with the higher level cabin (this as opposed to making a bid).

I've checked prices and they keep going up 🙁

Being near a noisy area isn't just an experience of a guarantee or inside cabin. We had a forward penthouse cabin and thought a train was coming through early one morning when the ship dropped anchor. The fog horn was above us, so that was another early wake-up call. No other reviewer had mentioned that. Maybe they didn't have a tender port or fog.

Wow! That must have been quite the cruise! On my last cruise, we were in a bad storm and so many people were sick. I stayed in my cabin mostly and wasn't happy with being woken up all day... starting around 7am every day.

I thought there were no comps offered for guaranteed cabins? You were able to upgrade to a guaranteed balcony and still get perks?

From the lowest category inside to an oceanview. No predicting it.

That would be awesome. I've sailed with balconies before and once in a studio suite. This is my first time playing the lotto 😉 All I care about is noise factor, so I'm taking my chance. I'll come back and post what I got after I find out. I chose the lowest category inside as well.

I booked an inside guarantee for Spring Break. NCL showed all balconies sold out. I bid $65 pp (Canadian so $50 US) and we won a spa balcony. I'm a believer! Consider bidding on an upgrade.

Aside from that, all of my inside guarantees, I've been happy with. Once we got an ocean view, BUT it was up front by the anchor and we did hear a mechanical noise. Otherwise, they've always been on higher decks, close to the action, which I like. I've never ended up on deck 4 or 5, which I think I would not like. It is a crap shoot....

We are sailing on the Jewel for the Transpacific - Vancouver to Tokyo. Based on the pricing & value at the time - we booked an inside IF GTY. They provided our cabin # 2-3 weeks later - IC category. We are keeping an eye on pricing and hope to upgrade at some point. If not, I'm sure we'll be happy with our current cabin. We don't sail until September - but will provide an update after we sail...

Cheers All -- Von

I booked an inside guarantee for Spring Break. NCL showed all balconies sold out. I bid $65 pp (Canadian so $50 US) and we won a spa balcony. I'm a believer! Consider bidding on an upgrade.

Aside from that, all of my inside guarantees, I've been happy with. Once we got an ocean view, BUT it was up front by the anchor and we did hear a mechanical noise. Otherwise, they've always been on higher decks, close to the action, which I like. I've never ended up on deck 4 or 5, which I think I would not like. It is a crap shoot....

A spa balcony! Amazing! I did put two lowball offers on an oceanview and a balcony. Figured when it comes down to it, that might make all the difference.

I'm like you with the deck 5 thingy... but I'm okay with just about anything. The waiting isn't as much fun though ;)

We are sailing on the Jewel for the Transpacific - Vancouver to Tokyo. Based on the pricing & value at the time - we booked an inside IF GTY. They provided our cabin # 2-3 weeks later - IC category. We are keeping an eye on pricing and hope to upgrade at some point. If not, I'm sure we'll be happy with our current cabin. We don't sail until September - but will provide an update after we sail...

Cheers All -- Von

I hope you get your upgrade too. My son got his cabin the following week, same gategory as mine. At the end of the day, my cabin is for rest and showering. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I am on the NCL Sky on May 14 and have two cabins, both booked as insides, Sailaway rates. Prices for oceanviews dropped today so I called NCL and paid $20 total per cabin to upgrade. The minimum price for bidding to upgrade for oceanviews was $25 a person.