Email from NCL - more time in Stockholm (Nynashamn)

Mrs Booboo

I just got an email from NCL saying "In an effort to enhance the guest experience, Norwegian Breakaway will now remain in Nynashamn, Sweden until 7:00 pm on the previously mentioned dates." (we're on the June 16th sailing on Breakaway).

We're booked on the City Highlights and Leisure Time Excursion which is scheduled for 8:15 AM – 4:15PM and it says we will have about 4 hours of free time.

Anybody think that they would now extend the excursion by the 2 hours that they're giving us? Return at 6:15 instead of 4:15? If they don't, then they haven't really "enhanced my guest experience" since it won't be any different than it was before.

I just got an email from NCL saying "In an effort to enhance the guest experience, Norwegian Breakaway will now remain in Nynashamn, Sweden until 7:00 pm on the previously mentioned dates." (we're on the June 16th sailing on Breakaway).

We're booked on the City Highlights and Leisure Time Excursion which is scheduled for 8:15 AM – 4:15PM and it says we will have about 4 hours of free time.

Anybody think that they would now extend the excursion by the 2 hours that they're giving us? Return at 6:15 instead of 4:15? If they don't, then they haven't really "enhanced my guest experience" since it won't be any different than it was before.

That is normal marketing speak when they make changes. Normally they shorten the time in port so I'd call it a positive even if nothing else changes for your trip. Hopefully it will be plenty light out when you sail out so you can see the trip out.

That is normal marketing speak when they make changes. Normally they shorten the time in port so I'd call it a positive even if nothing else changes for your trip. Hopefully it will be plenty light out when you sail out so you can see the trip out.

When you refer to the trip out, I assume you mean the Archipelago. That doesn’t happen when the ship docks at Nynashamn, and you have a longer land journey into the city instead.

I don’t know whether the OPs cruise was originally scheduled to dock in Stockholm, but the port times are longer when you dock in Nynashamn as you don’t spend the time sailing in, but need the extra time to travel into the city.

My guess is that they may have a longer excursion, but that they extra time will be spent travelling. I suspect that NCL are just finalising timings now, which is why they have sent this email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were originally scheduled to dock in Stockholm, but when they switched us to Nynashamn, they gave us two more hours for the extra travel time needed (I think we were originally 8-4, they switched it to 7-5). These new 2 hours seem to just be more time. Maybe just trying to appease the people that were supremely ticked off about booking the cruise based on the advertised port of Stockholm and that meaning you would sail through the archipelago.

But if they don't adjust excursion times, then it's pointless to give us the extra 2 hours.

We were originally scheduled to dock in Stockholm, but when they switched us to Nynashamn, they gave us two more hours for the extra travel time needed (I think we were originally 8-4, they switched it to 7-5). These new 2 hours seem to just be more time. Maybe just trying to appease the people that were supremely ticked off about booking the cruise based on the advertised port of Stockholm and that meaning you would sail through the archipelago.

But if they don't adjust excursion times, then it's pointless to give us the extra 2 hours.

That's about it in a nutshell, disappointed we will not be sailing the archipelago

This was an issue all through last year as well, so it isn’t due to the reaction from any specific cruise. I assume that NCL are trying to find a way of making Stockholm work best now that they seem to be going to Nynashamn pretty well permanently.