Monitoring Kids' Spending via HUB or Stateroom TV?

Savmom9801

We are travelling with another family and our 17 & 20 year olds are in two separate staterooms across the hall with our friends' kids. I have linked our reservations and given them charging privileges on my on board account credit card. Will I be able to monitor the daily spending on my kids' on board account via my hub app or tv monitor since they are using my account? I just want to check it every day and make sure there are no charges added to our account in error, obc is used, etc.

You can check your Sail and Sign balance on the cabin TV on some ships. I believe Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, Sensation and Sunshine do not have this capability. You'll find kiosks onboard where you can electronically check your balance any time. According to Carnival's website, you can also check your Sail and Sign account balance on the Carnival Hub app.

https://www.carnival.com/cms/shipboard/funhub/funhub-landing.html

When I sail with my minor granddaughter and give her charging privileges on my S&S account, I check her charges nightly on television.

When I have had OBC Carnival split it giving half the credit to each of us. In the end it doesn't matter because I pay 100% of our combined charges.

Just curious - my boys are 14 and almost 20 and always have charging privileges but generally never use them. What do you think/anticipate they will be charging?

In the past, they may have wanted to use the arcade, but they just ask what their limit is, and know if they go above it, they need to pay use back. They aren't soda drinkers and if they want a daiquiri, they would simply ask when we ordered a drink perhaps waiting on dinner. They know better than to be trying to drink all that sugar during the day.

so we can't put a "limit' on their spending? i have a 14 and 16 year old and want to limit how much they can spend for the week.

I think you can go to guest services and put a limit. But, IMHO its a good lesson to tell the kids what their limit is and make them stick to it, or pay if they go over.

Just curious - my boys are 14 and almost 20 and always have charging privileges but generally never use them. What do you think/anticipate they will be charging?

I'm not as concerned with them charging things on the ship in that they both have a budget and have never gone over their budget on any of our previous cruises (they like specialty coffees, etc). I am more interested in keeping an eye on my on board account for any mistakes that may occur - which has happened in the past. Since the kids are not in my stateroom, I am just wondering if I will be able to see their on board account on my Hub app or TV. I've never cruised Carnival before, but I was able to do this when we had the same situation on Norwegian last year.

so we can't put a "limit' on their spending? i have a 14 and 16 year old and want to limit how much they can spend for the week.
You can go to GS or kiosk and put limit on anyones charging access...the s&s card will not work for charging things once it hits the limit...

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

I'm the OP, somehow this post has been misunderstood. I am not trying to put a limit on my kids' accounts. I just want to look at it every night and make sure there are not mistakes, etc. on the account. Can I do this on the Hub app or TV if the kids are in another stateroom?

My kids were in a separate cabin -- and because I linked the accounts and used the same credit card for all of us, I could see their spending on the HUB app.

It was super easy to do -- and VERY helpful. My kids had a limit and did not go over it -- I would say -- I see you spent $8.00 in the Arcade, did you have fun? They were like -- wow! I just went there 2 hours ago.

VERY HANDY

My kids were in a separate cabin -- and because I linked the accounts and used the same credit card for all of us, I could see their spending on the HUB app.

It was super easy to do -- and VERY helpful. My kids had a limit and did not go over it -- I would say -- I see you spent $8.00 in the Arcade, did you have fun? They were like -- wow! I just went there 2 hours ago.

VERY HANDY

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know!! Yes, it will definitely make things easier!

Typically, Guest Services can place a limit for the entire cruise. It used to be said that you couldn't put a daily limit on a minor's account, but I was able to two years ago from the kiosk (after a little help from Guest Services). Every morning I'd set my son's daily limit, but learned that you have to add the previous day's amount to the current day. For example, to set his daily limit at $40/day, I'd set Day 1 to $40, Day 2 to $80, Day 3 to $120, etc. The downside was having to do it every day, but it only took a minute.

As for those who always tell other parents to let their kids budget their own money when this topic comes up, you do you and let others do it their way. If the lessons I teach my son are so important to you, then look at it this way; even though I set a daily limit, it was still up to him to budget his daily allotment throughout the day.

I'm the OP, somehow this post has been misunderstood. I am not trying to put a limit on my kids' accounts. I just want to look at it every night and make sure there are not mistakes, etc. on the account. Can I do this on the Hub app or TV if the kids are in another stateroom?

Some of the ships no longer have the S&S account on the TV. The HUB app is the way to go.

Make sure you download th app before the ship sails. Then you can be in airplane mode (not using data if you want) and still see your account via the HUB app.