Questions on Easy Saver

oceanlov1

Hi......

I have been on many Carnival cruises, but have never booked an Easy Saver. Can I add a second person after purchasing cabin?

What are the particulars I need to know?

Thanks.........:p

Perhaps you mean Early Saver ?

Although I have never done it, others claim you can book a 2nd person as TBD

Early Saver has a few advantages and some distinct disadvantages

Advantages = cheaper price (usually about $20 per person and price protection up to 2 days before cruise.

Disadvantages = nonrefundable deposits, charges for name changes

Read the Terms & Conditions before booking Early Saver

With early saver you can book one person in the cabin and add another person later. You don't book a second person as TBD, you just book as a solo. You have to pay double deposit. That locks in the price for two, and you can add a person at a later time. If you're not sure the other person is going to do the cruise, it's best to wait till they're sure because you can't remove a person or do a name change with early saver.

With early saver you can book one person in the cabin and add another person later. You don't book a second person as TBD, you just book as a solo. You have to pay double deposit. That locks in the price for two, and you can add a person at a later time. If you're not sure the other person is going to do the cruise, it's best to wait till they're sure because you can't remove a person or do a name change with early saver.

Carnival "breaks" their own rules all the time, as long as you're will to "gift them" $50 per person, they will do name changes under Early Saver rate. I have done them under Early Saver. I have also transferred an Early Saver booking to another cruise (different ship, cheaper rate) for a $50 fee per person and used the existing deposit for other cruise.

I think the original poster did mean easy saver. Isnt that a guarantee type booking?

No, a guarantee is when you book a category (like balcony) at a discount but you do not get to pick your room. It is assigned near sailing. Early Saver does allow you to choose your room, which is a major advantage if you are sensitive to noise or want a convenient location.