Nut allergy

Hi we're sailing on explorer of the seas and was wondering what others have experienced with severe allergies. My partner has a nut allergy which results in anaphylaxis, and on a previous cruise, have been given meals with nuts in the food and have been told to pick them out even though we have informed both the waiter and the maitre D. We especially find it difficult in the WJ where cross contamination can occur between dishes. Anyone have any hints or tips??

Also let your head waiter, waiter and asst. waiter know about the allergy. They will double check the food before it is served. Don't rely on what the menu says. My grandson ordered a dessert that, according to the menu, did not include nuts. However there were finely chopped nuts on the top. Our waiter noticed it right away.

My DGS has several severe allergies, including peanuts and tree nutso, and we've had great experiences with dining on RCI. The wait staff are all very knowledgeable about allergies. I heard a waiter in the Windjammer advise a woman who had asked about an ingredient that, because of the danger of cross-contamination from serving utensils, she might be better off skipping that dish.

My DD always asks the waiter if a dish is safe for her DS when she orders for him and then confirms it again when it is served.

Edited by NewSalt
omitted phrase.

I have a severe tree nut allergy and have never had an issue in the MDR or specialty restaurants. I generally avoid buffets everywhere due to sanitation and cross contamination issues. Definitely go to the MDR at embarkation and speak with the head waiter or maitre d' as well as notifying special needs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I too have a tree nut allergy and never has been a problem. Most definitely let the server know each and every time and they will take care of you. They will also take extra precaution when they are not sure of an item and steer you to make another choice. Always better safe than sorry. Good Luck!