**LIVE** Grandeur of the Seas 4/26/2018 - 5/4/2018.

Menu for dinner tonight.

7a941d58c21ae812e1d8467b62cbe7eb.jpg

In addition to my prerequisite 2 escargot, i had

1d69ab658c1e1c7cd0e37568bdd238aa.jpg Smoked chicken salad

41643b1b135d0fb1c230c6d31e27e262.jpg Shrimp cocktail

7b2a1fdf2b1553214062a9df9d46e6e3.jpg flank steak

0e898acf38672830529cc77151baa23f.jpg Tiramisu.

I think my wife had issue with this last year. This is a parfait! Don’t get me wrong. It was delicious! But it really wasn’t a tiramisu.

I’m still a little torn about the new one menu setup. With the set up, you can finish dinner in an hour. part of me likes that and another part feels rushed.

Tonight is the 50s 60s party. I’m not sure if I’m gonna go to it. My feet hurt from pretty much walking since 7 this morning.

Tomorrow is Port Canaveral. We get in fairly late at 10:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hansen,

Just wanted you to know that you are not alone. Why in the world do they put raisins in apple pie?

I have asked waiters on various RCL ships and apparently they put them in on all the ships. What a waste.

I admit I hate raisins and think they just belong in the trash, but that’s just me

Made it up to the Viking Crown Lounge. Its a little before midnight and this is the dance floor.

712b1aa3d2c0e3e887dfc94682ce53f9.jpg

Now, DJs have a tough job. I know a few. But 5 minutes earlier, he had a good number of people dancing. Then bam, shut down. Its hopping a little. Better than the first night and second night, crowdwise, but I have no idea what he’s playing. I don’t really like it, but I admit that music isn’t my strong suit. DJs, from what i’ve seen, need to gauge the crowd and go with a certain flow. Failure to do this results in a disjointed club experience.

Good Morning from Port Canavaral.

It is currently 73 degrees and Sunny with no chance of rain.

We are parked next to 948d7d053f4de3e8d9f6d92b09bb8012.jpg with Oasis farther out. 324df8d5e6000e211ed6b9b9fb45d844.jpg

It is funny to me that we are docked next to the Carnival Liberty. Carnival Liberty held the mantle for many years as best cruise. Held it for 7 years beating Royal Caribbean, Princess and Celebrity as best overall cruise. The ship that finally beat out Carnival Liberty, Grandeur.

Technically Grandeur was beat out by Carnival Pride later that year, however, Pride is disqualified from competition permanently because it was a one time deal. I got married on the Pride, so EVERYTHING was special on that cruise.

So Grandeur by default, continues to hold the mantle. I gotta say, so far, this cruise has been quite enjoyable.

Oh, another thing, the forecast on the cruise compass claims mix of sun and clouds with a high of 75 degrees. Nope. Closer high of 81, and barely any clouds (according to weather channel). Still a fairly warm day, but the humidity doesnt seem to be creeping here

I'm enjoying your review so much. We just got off Apr 5. There were no raisons in the apple pie. My husband had it every night. Yes, the new menu does rush you. I thought the choices were fewer. Only 2-3 different items in each category as well. We loved Orlando on the entertainment staff. Is he still there? I heard he was leaving soon. Looking forward to the rest of your posts. Thank you!

I admit I hate raisins and think they just belong in the trash, but that’s just me

Definitely not just you. Raisin hatred was a topic of discussion on A&L_Ont's recent Harmony review. Andrew first mentioned it and several people agreed. Granted, grapes are better used in wine, but what's with all the raisin hatred??

Tonight’s show is the Production show All Access. I know i’ve seen this before. Some things are familiar and others aren’t. Does anyone known if content is shuffled to present a unique product or is my memory faulty? I KNOW All Access was still here 15 months ago and even then, i had seen it before.

e29503a64aeca8f522f83bf26e18e3c5.jpg

4d003f50bcbfca61ab2130cf403a4c50.jpg

9e4896a6fefe00a31f6a86faab140abd.jpg

There was a huge Madonna set, but it was weird because some of the songs were good and others were horrible. Usually they just messed up the entire singer set or the set is amazing.

It was a decent show. However, when i left the theater, I walked out into this...

2f2aaf443884f40e729694dcef4f736a.jpg

I could not have planned it better, But this was pure luck.

Yup agree the sunset was a bonus. Show was decent until the madonna set. Supposed to be 50s n 60s I thought lol.

I was pretty busy today. If you’re able to get to Orlando, there are so many available attractions it isn’t even funny.

But one step at a time.

I have a close friend here in Orlando that I went to college with. If I’m down, here, i try to meet up with her.

We ended up going to lunch at Rising Tide Tap and Table.

Appetizer was the Nachos

cd4f3c74b9a96100071ebd4d04799b61.jpg

This is a pork belly burger

6232aa92d37763541e2dec78c11b0b2d.jpg

So my plan almost went caput. No fault of my own. My friend had to pick up her daughter from Disney, so we hung around Disney Springs after lunch. I found this gem.

9f17512e90c3d66ac02b40722dfdaa22.jpg

cc07d86fe778003eeeb533113a06552f.jpg

Apparently, this is a hyper interactive Star Wars attraction. I did not get to do it because tickets needed to be gotten in advanced and the demand is high. Boo!!! But i didnt know about it until I saw it.

So we picked up my friend’s daughter, dropped her off and made it back to my original destination and plan.

dbae8527eed16eb7c44ba34b49652393.jpg

99c2a25976d61e42aded9ad45e480b18.jpg

Yup. I got to kill zombies for my main excursion event!!! Now, this almost fell apart because when we got there initially, there wasnt a spot open until 4:50. we had to pick up my friend’s daughter so we rescheduled it for 6:30. So we made it back here for this. Let me tell you OMG THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! I lived my fantasy of being in a live action Resident Evil scenario. Pretty much, this is laser tag with realistically weighted weapons. The targets were live actors with the sensor on their heads. Imagine this is a combination between a haunted halloween attraction with laser tag. There was no touching, but if a “live” zombie got close to you, you were “bit”. The weapons had quasi realistic recoil and you had limited ammo. How i managed to not get bit, i had no idea because i actually ran out of ammo close to the end and had to pretty much make a break for it.

We were able to finish and make my way back to the port. Got there only 30 minutes before all aboard.

So all aboard was 8:30. I reboarded the ship at 7:55 and went straight to my set dinner.

c7fea76c88756da95d730274e774ca44.jpg

Seafood Risotto 9e75df9999fac89e2e869f2e8dba90a9.jpg

Beef Borguignon 346528a390459af9b50b8fe1deb137fd.jpg

Chocolate souffle d5e98e85ffed900b35ab46590b1b1a24.jpg

Again, i forgot to photograph the Creme Brulee. Since they have it multiple nights, I will get it again later JUST so I can post it. Its not that bad.

After dinner, I tried to call my wife. Router kept dropping. Started doing it again. Went back to complain again. The IT guy wanted to refund my internet and give me some credit for my dissatisfaction and I was like “I just want it fixed so i can talk to my wife” Then he suggested giving me a new code for my PC. I said, hey, that might work. Could it be a glitch that i’m getting booted because the code thinks another device is trying to log on? He said it shouldn’t, but it will boot me off the router if someone else tried to use my code. So now I effectively have a 2 device Voom plan. This worked fine until last night...when i logged in with my PC. So we shall see if this works. I feel that this is the solution because the IT guy claims no one else has complained about this issue.

I got back to my room and was greeted with d21c3d5bbf362a2861a43a87103a93ec.jpg

Tonight was late night comedian again with Greg Vaccariello. 0dddd0717b718d3bc5ebea8014cfae2a.jpg

He was funny and was only mildly “adult”. Not quite family, but in my opinion, pretty tame for late night.

Well, it was a fun day. I can’t express what a thrill it was hunting zombies.

I went back up to the Viking Crown Lounge again. I’m not as young as I used to me. There was a time in my life I could dance all night. Also, at that time, music spoke more to me than now. I just don’t feel it as much anymore and the lack of that connection makes it that much harder to dance.

That being said, I did dance a little but starting me up and keeping me moving is much harder now. I don’t fault the DJ. People were up and dancing tonight.

Anyways, since I am thinking about it. Here are tomorrow’s Cruise Compass.

a20feb464f7a73cd868b554a2b3128af.jpg

4582203051b285037e59cfe880bf6883.jpg

31861280da8333f40920d99769628d88.jpg

875a83b72bce402b8c8ce26c92d404c1.jpg

Good night all.

Super nice reading your adventure!

I didn't see it at the beginning . . . Any chance you have a picture under the Bay Bridge?

I did not. You must have missed my earlier post. I attempted to catch it. But when i made it up to deck at 5:50 that day, I saw us pass under it as I came out of the elevator. Didn’t get a chance to take a picture.

Good Morning from Miami. It is currently 81 degrees and partly cloudy.

I’m at a loss today of what to do. I will probably wander around on the trolley.

Enjoy the day! New Jersey was 37 this morning heading to work. 81 sounds nice!

I actually don’t mind 37. 81 is a little warm for me, but for Miami, its nice. We are parked next to Enchantment, but I didn’t get to take a picture of it. I hadn’t noticed it until I got off but by then, I had to ask someone because it was mostly obscured by the terminal.