Just back Seaside 4/28

funship freddy

Just arrived Port of Miami. Our second Seaside voyage. No major issues. A good cruise [emoji568][emoji484]️[emoji483][emoji925][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome home!

I have a few questions for which I hope you may be able to provide some answers.

1. How did your experience(s) compare to Carnival (given your name I am assuming you have sailed with Carnival)- we have been on several Carnival cruises (e.g. the Glory, Magic, Vista...) and have our first cruise with MSC on the Seaside in about a month.
  2. What cabin type and experience level did you have? How was it?
  3. Did you eat in the specialty restaurants? Did you have the trio package? How was your experience?
  4. Did you see any of the shows? How were they?

Looking forward to hearing more about your MSC experience(s).

Welcome home!

I have a few questions for which I hope you may be able to provide some answers.

1. How did your experience(s) compare to Carnival (given your name I am assuming you have sailed with Carnival)- we have been on several Carnival cruises (e.g. the Glory, Magic, Vista...) and have our first cruise with MSC on the Seaside in about a month.
  2. What cabin type and experience level did you have? How was it?
  3. Did you eat in the specialty restaurants? Did you have the trio package? How was your experience?
  4. Did you see any of the shows? How were they?

Looking forward to hearing more about your MSC experience(s).

Don't mean to hijack thread....but being a frequent Carnival cruiser (Platinum)....and having just cruised on Seaside last month....I felt I could offer you some comparisons/feedback

My last 2 cruises on Carnival were the Breeze and most recently Vista. On Vista I stayed in a Havana cabin. IMO.... Seaside is the better of the ships. Interior layout on common decks (6-8) were superior to Carnival...felt more roomy and its design and flow much more elegant and roomier. I think alot of this has to do with the openess of the ship. Windows everywhere and you always had a view of the ocean while walking inside. The Marketplace Buffet is huge and flows better than any Carnival buffet. The smaller buffet on deck 16 is an added bonus. Food choices seemed better on Seaside...salads could use improvement. Bars and lounges were fantastic. Both Carnival (Dream class and Vista class) and Seaside each have outside seating and eating.....Liked the flow and options better on Seaside. One drawback...no dedicated walking/running track on Seaside

We stayed in a Yacht Club cabin and it was fanatastic and service was exceptional all week as well as a multitude of food offerings....similar price point to Havana cabin on Carnival Vista...and no comparison since the only advantage of Havana, vs general cabins on Carnival, is a separate pool area with limited passengers until 7pm daily. Yacht Club was truly a first class experience from size of cabins, separate Dining Room, separate lounge, separate Pool/Sun deck, Butler, amenities (inclusive beverage, etc).... We were spoiled.

We did not eat in the spercialty restaurants as we ate all our meals in the Yacht Club Dining Room. However the specialty restaurants were right outside the Yacht Club entrance and all of them were clumped in the same area with a very nice bar in the middle. They all looked very nice and all had oceanview on deck 16. We did not attend any shows but talked to several YC passengers who said they enjoyed the shows they went to. The liked the 45 minute length....which didn't draw it out too much.

All in all....our best cruise experience. Yes we cruised in Yacht Club which made the experience more memorable.... but with the current YC pricing......I do not think we will ever cruise another line again....I think it would be a let down over what we recently experienced.

pmb526

Yes I have cruised Carnival many times. Platinum which is nice, no FTTF $$.

Today’s cruise was #44.

Our current favorite is Celebrity but we cruised on MSC Divina because you couldn’t beat the price. We liked Divina which led us to book Seaside.

I was not alarmed by the negative reviews here.

Our January cruise was her third week of revenue sailings. We did not find many of the negatives reported by others. On the cruise we were in a balcony on 13 (13199). The cabins are smaller but not much different from new builds on other lines. The bath is smaller but workable for the two of us. The cabin location was right by the aft elevators that made the MDR easy.

This cruise we were in an S2 suite on 14 (14058). Just a little larger than our balcony cabin but the balcony was larger.

We did buy the Trio. We dined twice in Butcher’s Cut. Great food. Ate in Ocean’s Cay. Strange menu but large portions. The Trio is a DEAL. We also at in Teppanyaki. (Not part of the Trio)

A very fun experience and very good food. Ate in the MDR twice. Good food and service.

The adult pool on 7 aft was a good sun spot.

Sports bar on 8 was my favorite bar.

Enjoy your cruise !

Sent from my iPad using Forums