Onboard cash account currency for Baltic Cruise?

Hi guys,

We’re cruising the Baltics on RCCL out of Southampton in June. (Navigator) When we cruise out of US ports, we have gotten in the habit of putting cash towards our onboard account rather than a credit card. (We have credit cards...we just feel we have a better handle on our onboard spending this way.)

Anyhow, is it possible to do this on a European cruise? If so, what currency do they prefer at check in? I would assume GBP, since we leave out of the UK?

If anyone has any experience with this, any feedback would be appreciated!

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi guys,

We’re cruising the Baltics on RCCL out of Southampton in June. (Navigator) When we cruise out of US ports, we have gotten in the habit of putting cash towards our onboard account rather than a credit card. (We have credit cards...we just feel we have a better handle on our onboard spending this way.)

Anyhow, is it possible to do this on a European cruise? If so, what currency do they prefer at check in? I would assume GBP, since we leave out of the UK?

If anyone has any experience with this, any feedback would be appreciated!

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doesn´t matter where the cruise originates, you can set up your account the same way you are used to from other RCI cruises. As others noted the onboard currency will be USD.

Currency exchange is most of the time offered onboard but the exchange rates are usually not very fafourable.