Cancellation fees

cfr70

I need to cancel a sailing booked for November 2019. I looked on the NCL Cancellation Fee chart and for 7 days or more sailings, the list only begins at cancelling fees at 119-106 days prior to departure.

What is the fee if I cancel 18 months ahead? I put down $50 deposit (which i'm assuming i'd automatically lose), but I also paid $100 towards the sailing as well.

Do I get that $100 back, or can I kiss that goodbye too?

Sorry to say, but the answer is "it depends".

Some booking agencies have their own cancellation fees/schedule which can take the place of, or be used in addition to, NCL's.

The easiest and most accurate answer will come directly from your booking agent. Don't hesitate to ask...remember that they are paid to work on YOUR behalf.

I need to cancel a sailing booked for November 2019. I looked on the NCL Cancellation Fee chart and for 7 days or more sailings, the list only begins at cancelling fees at 119-106 days prior to departure.

What is the fee if I cancel 18 months ahead? I put down $50 deposit (which i'm assuming i'd automatically lose), but I also paid $100 towards the sailing as well.

If you booked with NCL in the US directly, all will be refunded. If you booked with a travel agent or with a non-US NCL office, check with them for penalties.

I booked it directly with NCL customer rep. I will e mail her and find out. I don't mind if I lose the $50 deposit, but the $100 I can use towards the other sailing I decided to go with.

If you booked with NCL in the US directly, all will be refunded. If you booked with a travel agent or with a non-US NCL office, check with them for penalties.

Ok thanks! I sent my previous post before seeing yours. I prepared to lose the $50 dep., but if I can get the entire $150 back that would be awesome!

You get it all back this far out, including the $50. There are no cancellation fees for cancellations more than 120 days from sailing.

You get it all back this far out, including the $50. There are no cancellation fees for cancellations more than 120 days from sailing.

I was shocked how easy it was to get it all back. I'm so used to Carnival's restricted "Early Saver" fares where you lose the deposit if you cancel or get penalized a $50 change fee for moving the booking to another date.

This was a piece of cake in comparison.

I was shocked how easy it was to get it all back. I'm so used to Carnival's restricted "Early Saver" fares where you lose the deposit if you cancel or get penalized a $50 change fee for moving the booking to another date.

This was a piece of cake in comparison.

If you book again with Carnival in the future just book past guest rates, usually $20pp more than early saver and you'll get all your money back as well if before final payment.

You just won't have price protection after final payment.

Bill

If you book again with Carnival in the future just book past guest rates, usually $20pp more than early saver and you'll get all your money back as well if before final payment.

You just won't have price protection after final payment.

Bill

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I always automatically go for Carnival's early saver fares, but for a few bucks more it's definitely worth it, especially if booking so far out like I did with this NCL sailing.