Live from Oasis and Star Class

Hi there! Oooops embarrassing..lol he was my fave tho so I was lucky wasn’t I

Just saw them singing last night in Dazzles...amaaaaazing voices, such talent!

We saw this too. For anyone getting on oasis don’t miss this.

Interesting on labadee. The wife and I just did chairs under an umbrella right by the water with a great view. Showed up a little before noon and had very attentive staff. Always asking if we needed anything. We thought the suite beach was so much more relaxing than other times. And when we did go get our own drink we had no wait.

I’m sorry your attendant didn’t take good care of you. This makes me think I’ll never pay for one.

Please note that on your survey about Labadee. We just came back as well and had the same experience, which is so different from before. The only problem when going to the bar was there was one bartender and the cabana attendents kept cutting everyone. It took 25 minutes to get one drink. I noted it on the survey and received a call back regarding the service and told the attendent would be retrained.

Interesting.... indeed a new experience for us too, even another cabana/beach attendant I asked had major attitude and was rather rude, our genie observed this too and reported it.

Sheilb4. I have a question about making reservations for the specialty restaurants and the star class. Did you have to make reservations ahead of time (before the cruise) for any of the specialty restaurants or is the genie able to book reservations for any specialty restaurant once on board the ship? Thanks for the review. Looking forward the reading more.

Will def write it up on the survey for Labadee, otherwise a lovely lovely day and weather was perfect.

For got to mention that on returning to our suite after the dinner and show last night, we found a surprise gift from our genie... so incredibly thoughtful and personal.

A beautiful little pendant for Mother and daughter with some special words....we were both so touched.

Hossain truly is a darling and kind soul.

So today, we got off in Falmouth, and just wandered around the stores and market, didn’t see anything we wanted to buy having been there many times. Pity that many excursions, trips on the Island are quite a distance from the port.

Weather held out despite a forecast of storms etc.

Participated in a little dancing with a couple of school girls. Lol, fun. Then watched and interacted with the band in the square. Before returning to ship around 1p

An afternoon of more sunbathing for me, and reading in the shade for my mother....having this huge balcony is truly spectacular.

A surprise of a big bowl of chocolate covered strawberries arrived late afternoon...yum

We didn’t want to go back to Chops again which was originally planned so had some items off the main dining room menu delivered to our suite. Dinner was ok, we weren’t too hungry anyway. An evening in, watching the Aqua Show with the perfect seating of course, and am now writing this before sleeping......

Bit worried about Mum today as she tried to get on a floating mat in Labadee and thinks she may have hurt her back in the process.....she has been a bit sore today. Gave her some Ibuprofen and hoping it eases.... she is sound asleep right now so that’s a good sign.

Sea day tomorrow so a lazy day ahead, (yay) and formal night ro dress for later......with dinner at 150 CP again, with a promise of the best lobster ever from the Head chef of the speciality restaurants, to make up for the bad experience at Chops on our first night.... will be sure to report back to you all later,,

Please please feel free to ask any questions. Especially regarding the Genie service and Star Class.

Sheilb4. I have a question about making reservations for the specialty restaurants and the star class. Did you have to make reservations ahead of time (before the cruise) for any of the specialty restaurants or is the genie able to book reservations for any specialty restaurant once on board the ship? Thanks for the review. Looking forward the reading more.

Hi! closer to the cruise I received another email from the Genie with suggestions of restaurants and shows so that all the times coordinated. I had him tweak it a bit per our taste, ie didn’t want to eat at Giovannis so replaced it with Izumi x 2 nights as an example. It all worked out great, if you want to change your mind with restaurant selection, even once onboard, it’s easy. the Genie will do whatever you need to make it fit your needs. Hope this helps.

Hope your mother is okay. Don't have her over do it. If it gets worse tell your genie. On out sailing someone broke her collarbone and she streamlined medical. I was having some stomach issues and she wanted to send the doctor up. I asked her for tuns and she brought some up and I felt much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great review Shieb. Thanks!

My sister and I took our mother in 2014 on same ship same cabin pre Star Class

This was the last cruise we took her on as she was starting dementia at that time and didn’t really get it all but enjoyed it just the same. It was a great cruise With the exception of the very long walk to the cabin.

Now if only we could get the same deal to try the Star Class experience.

Hope your mother is well when she wakes!

Enjoy!

Following your adventures Sheib4. DW and SIL are on board. Somewhere on Deck 10. But I'm assuming they didn't get the wifi package. Didn't work for DW's iPhone in January, so probably didn't bother. At least with your review, I get a sense of what is happening on the ship.

Are you going to try the dinner up on the Solarium deck?

Adding that the ferries in Cozumel are up and running. Evidently the explosion was an insurance scam by a third ferry company that was trying to compete and having financial problems. Not terrorists or drug dealers or Mexican Mafia. So you can let others on board know the ferries are okay.

Edited by crewsweeper
additional comment

Woke up to a beautiful sunny day...just after sunrise with the sun beating down on our balcony already....yay!!!.

Mum has been good today and back is fine...phew! Made sure a restful day to ensure she will be ok.

A small breakfast on our balcony and huuuuge table that sits 8! Lol

Loungers positioned and that’s where we stayed the entire day! Watched a comedy aquatheater show, and the rock climbing, or should I say Mum did and seemed transfixed with it. So funny. Almost every few mins she would call out to me wanting me to get up and “come see this person” doing so well or not..... lol

Izumi delivered for a delish sushi lunch.

Dear genie popped by and sent us some mango and truffles..... perfect afternoon snack.

Formal night tonight and dinner at 150 CP - our lobster treat, and then the Ice show....

I guess I must move myself off my all day occupied lounger, and go take my shower ready for tonight.... Mother has already gone for hers, wondering what she will wear... so cute...

Btw, I try to use my iPad discreetly, or I get the comments, “what are you doing wasting time on that thing”. Haha

Will let you know how the dinner and show are.....

Cannot say enough about the merits of Star Class, and our genie, Hossain. Truly a wonderful and sweet person.

(Cabin attendant not the best, appears to just want to do the least she can and move on... could be worse right! Lol and we are pretty tidy, but deffo some opportunity for her to improve on cleaning some areas....even my mother made comments on some things she noticed so I know it’s for real! .might mention to genie at end of cruise)

Happy to answer any questions any time..

May i ask what cabin are you on? we are in 8330 and 8328 in august. Can the door connecting both balconies be unlocked. We would like the accesibiltiy to go back and forth. i understand the room attendant or the genie are the ones to do so. Thanks and enjoy the lobster!!!

Please don’t wait to tell the Genie about the lack of your room attendant. It can’t be fixed if you don’t speak up. Give her the opportunity to make it right!

We have tried to talk with her a couple of times re items we needed, ie, towels, clean glasses, ice etc, being super nice, but she is rather defensive... you are absolutely right and I will let the genie know. Hate to complain as most everything has been super, but....... I do agree with you, thanks

May i ask what cabin are you on? we are in 8330 and 8328 in august. Can the door connecting both balconies be unlocked. We would like the accesibiltiy to go back and forth. i understand the room attendant or the genie are the ones to do so. Thanks and enjoy the lobster!!!

We are on deck 9. I just went out to check the balcony divider at end of ours and it doesn’t appear to be a structure that can open. The metal and glass divider are sealed with no access etc.

Lobster dinner at 150CP was nice. Had the cucumber, lemongrass, basil martini this time... very delicious. We had to leave before dessert and coffee as super busy in there and our waiter had many busy tables. He did his best but we couldn’t wait as had to get our seats for the Ice show within the last 15mins, or lose them....

The Ice show show was really good. Great seats middle front row again thanks to genie, want to take him home, such a delight. He thought my Mother may get cold so he gave her a beautiful pashmina to use and as a gift. So incredibly thoughtful.

70s street party after and genie has reserved 2 seats in the Rising Tide bar.

Note to others..... it’s actually not worth it as we still couldnt see anything because several other people showed up last minute and walked to the front, blocking any view we may have had, so not being able to see anything at all, we decided to call it a night.

We have tried to talk with her a couple of times re items we needed, ie, towels, clean glasses, ice etc, being super nice, but she is rather defensive... you are absolutely right and I will let the genie know. Hate to complain as most everything has been super, but....... I do agree with you, thanks

Very unlikely it is the same attendant we had in 2014 but ours was kind of like that too and we really didn’t ask for much. I can never remember names!

Oh well we just went with her moods.

Cozumel.....been here so many times but just love Nachi Cocum, as does my Mother.

Had a really lovely day. Got there early so for the first 2 hrs or so we had the entire place to ourselves... what a Perfect time of day, so peaceful before others arrive....just lovely. Enjoyed a delish lunch. I still rate their guacamole and salsa the best around! Had a great massage from Ingrid, pretty deep tissue kne@d8ng so still have bruised shoulders since yesterday lol $50/hr....so worth it.

Some browsing in town. Then back to ship.

Perfect view of the entire pier and the usual late comers.... tho this time we were waiting on 2 people who had been fishing and finally made it even tho super late...the ship waited. They were very lucky,

More chocolate strawberries and mango in our suite, gosh we have been spoilt by Hossain.

We decided to have dinner in our suite again, love that we can do that!! so ordered from the coastal kitchen for a change...Rack of lamb. Unfortunately it was cooked to a crisp almost, charred and burnt, bad. We had seats reserved for the final production show, so no time to get a fresh entree... I will do a summary later of the food as deffo the quality has not been the best....

Show was good. Great seats again.

Starbucks and time for bed...all the hot sun and my beach massage had made me really sleepy.

Will finish off tomorrow with sea day, and final summary of Star Class and Oasis.

What a beautiful last day on board. Weather was great as it has been the entire way. So lucky. Lay out on deck/balcony most of day, popping in and out to cool off...just wonderful. Had brekkie of Eggs Bennie sondisnt bother with lunch.. around 330p we finished off a cheese plate we had from 101CP.

Dinner tonight at Izumi again. If you like sushi you deff can’t go wrong. Always the best imho. Love it! So great to have all the meals/speciality dining inclusive so you can pick and choose. Recommendations to follow.

Not much going on with entertainment tonight so we wandered the shops, had a Starbucks coffee and headed back to suite for the dreaded packing!

Great thing here was we didn’t have to put luggage out the night before. We decided to disembark at 8a, so had until 7a to put it out! Super!

Thanks for the great review.

How do you compare Oasis to other ships you may have been on?

I realize it is a totally different experience for you as you dined allot on your balcony and in specialty so I know it won’t be the same as other cruisers experience. For us pre-star class the ship was just off compared to other ships. However, to their benefit it was a first sailing after dry dock and allot of things were not finished so I definitely wouldn’t discount future sailings on the Oasis. Overall we did have a great time except the very long walk to the elevator when needing to use the bathroom. We really enjoyed Harmony and Freedom class are still my favourite.

You did have a few hiccups and I hope they were resolved to your satisfaction.

I hope you both have safe travels home.

Thanks again.

Last night onboard we ate at Izumi again. Excellent meal as always. Early night, packing, and enjoying our balcony for the last time.

Luggage put outside at 7a, ready for our pre-arranged departure of 8a.

Smoothest, most expedient disembarkation ever!!! Wow!!!

We will miss Hossain sooooooo much. He was an absolute darling. Loved him!

Summary review is coming up in the next few days I promise.

Home, tired, laundry done, unpacking.... sleep...

All I can say before I go, is “Oh my gosh, Star Class is definately the way to go if you can (or can’t ) afford it,

If I get an opportunity to do it again, I shall try Harmony tho, way too many disappointments with the food quality on Oasis.

Happy to answer any specific questions about Star Class, food, entertainment, etc