Earliest flight from FLL debarking from Port of Miami

smurfm69

We are cruising out of Miami and flying home from FLL. What would be the earliest time we could book our flight home? I know it's a short drive to FLL, just want to be sure of the times. It would be a Sunday morning when we get back into port.

On a Sunday the traffic between POM and FLL should be light, so the "short" drive will only take 30-40+ minutes. For a noon flight from FLL you need to be at the airport for check-in by about 10:30, and 10 is better given the crush of cruise passengers on the weekends. That translates into off your ship in Miami, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration NLT just after 9:00 -- which should be easy.

Have a great cruise! :)

Glad I found this post. I was debating flying in/out of MIA or FLL. We have only used MIA in the past, but of course I can save money on flights using FLL. We return on a Sunday, and the only available time we can fly is 11:15. I guess I'll pass on saving money and stick with MIA :'):')

You "could" make the 11:15 flight form FLL if you are willing to get up early, carry your bags off, and pay the taxi fare (no time to wait for a shuttle to fill). I would also spend some portion of the cruise worried about making the flight home. How much are the savings, and how much risk are you willing to take? :confused: