No Boarding Pass, No Luggage Tags, No Problem!

Hawaiian

While they will accept a copy downloaded to your device, that's a far cry from promoting e-boarding passes as an option on their website. Currently, printing is the only option officially offered and their instructions state that you are required to bring a printed copy with you. Rather than passively accepting them on occasion, HAL should be proactively making e-boarding passes the default option.
In the alternative, at the least, HA L should be putting a copy of boarding pass in an envelope spring for the price of a stamp and mail it to anyone who reports to them they have tried but have been unable to print it from the HAL site.

In the alternative, at the least, HA L should be putting a copy of boarding pass in an envelope spring for the price of a stamp and mail it to anyone who reports to them they have tried but have been unable to print it from gthe HAL site.

Assuming that they are any more capable of printing one! :halo:

Rather than passively accepting them on occasion, HAL should be proactively making e-boarding passes the default option.
I'm going to guess that five years from now e-boarding passes will be the standard.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

I'm going to guess that five years from now e-boarding passes will be the standard.

Considering that Continental first introduced e-ticketing over a decade ago (2007), that sounds about right. I love HAL, but they're never going to win any technology races.

Paper or electronic ... what's the difference and who cares if you don't really need one anyways! All you need is your booking number (I think most folks can memorize 6 digits) and your credit card.

I had read this thread about the difficulties printing boarding passes and I was slightly concerned about getting to the check in without one since opinions varied on if it was possible. I asked Terry to print our luggage tags and boarding passes and he also encountered some issues but eventually got everything done.

This is how he did it: reload the page and as soon as the button for the boarding pass appears and click it. Then the little "Working" symbol spins. If the symbol disappears reload and do it again. When the timing is just right the box for printing finally appears and loads. His took 5 or 6 tries but mine took over 20 tries.

Hope this helps someone.