Booking flights after Cuba cruise

chinita415

Just booked Empress of the Sea with 2 full days and overnight in Havana in August.

Looking to book return flights home from MIA. We are due to return to Port of Miami at 7am kn a Saturday morning. Is a 2.25pm flight safe?

We are traveling with our baby (will be 8 months) and was hoping to leave the carseat and stroller home. Renting a car pre cruise and carseat with it. Hoping to use a car service which provides carseat from POM to MIA. Still working this part out.

But if transportation is prearranged (with my own or their carseat), 2.25p flight time still ok? We have flown with her a few times already and know to leave extra time for check in so maybe aim to be at MIA at noon or 12.30p which means off the ship by 11.30 or noon. Feasible? We are ok to self disembark.

Car service with car seats are few and far between, and the ride from POM to MIA is only about 15+ minutes; I would check with Larry's Limos for Miami service. I would take another look at bringing your own car seat (the only way to be sure that it is properly sized/maintained) and using taxi or Uber; the cruise line transfer bus is another option that will not require a car seat - but it is slow and expensive. :(

You have lots of time with a 2:25 flight. Have a great cruise!

Car service with car seats are few and far between, and the ride from POM to MIA is only about 15+ minutes; I would check with Larry's Limos for Miami service. I would take another look at bringing your own car seat (the only way to be sure that it is properly sized/maintained) and using taxi or Uber; the cruise line transfer bus is another option that will not require a car seat - but it is slow and expensive. :(

You have lots of time with a 2:25 flight. Have a great cruise!

I think will gamble on seat with car rental as we can go get a cheap one in case they run out or what they have is unacceptable. And take the cruise transfer coach since it seems 2.25pm MIA is late enough I have the time to wait for bus to fill. And probably have breakfast too.

We took the carseat and travel system to Hawaii (Waikiki) and it was a pain with all the gear. Went to Japan recently without them and only wore her in a carrier and it was so much easier.

Will mull over this some more. Thanks for all the quick replies about the flight time. Flights booked last night.

The airline will check the car seat/stroller for free, unless you want to use the seat on your flight.

The laws of physics apply everywhere - your child will be safer in an appropriately sized, maintained and installed car seat. We did not use car seats or seat belts when I was a kid - and I have the scars to prove it! :(

You might search the family cruise board to see what others cruising with kids have done for transport in Miami.

The airline will check the car seat/stroller for free, unless you want to use the seat on your flight.

The laws of physics apply everywhere - your child will be safer in an appropriately sized, maintained and installed car seat. We did not use car seats or seat belts when I was a kid - and I have the scars to prove it! :(

You might search the family cruise board to see what others cruising with kids have done for transport in Miami.

Yes well aware of the gate check option. Family cruising board is mixed with same dilemma. Plus having to stow the carseat in the small cabin. If the seat from the car rental is not acceptable, I will leave her and hubby at airport and go to Target to buy one. On the big bus will wear her in a carrier. Did that in Japan.

Have a few months to decide so will continue to weigh my options including bringing the heavy infant bucket seat and stroller travel system or a lightweight travel seat like the Cosco Scenera Next. Might check out the latter seat as I need a second carseat for my mom's car anyway.

You will need her carseat for the plane ride anyway.

I would not travel in South Florida with an unrestrained child. Our traffic is miserable and people pull out in front of you constantly. I've replaced my brakes on my Cadillac twice.

You will need her carseat for the plane ride anyway.

I would not travel in South Florida with an unrestrained child. Our traffic is miserable and people pull out in front of you constantly. I've replaced my brakes on my Cadillac twice.

She is being worn in a carrier for the flights. Have flown to Hawaii and Japan like this.

But the Cosco Scenera is looking appealing with lightweight and compact. Going to Walmart to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share that I bought the lightweight Cosco Scenera carseat on sale at Walmart - only $45 and well reviewed by the carseat safety websites. Will use this precruise when we rent a car for 3 days in South Beach. Then will be backup seat at home in my mom's car who is her sitter.

Decided to use cruise line (RCI) big coach transfer for POM to MIA. Then don't have to worry about installing carseat again in taxi or Uber. $18 per person. Plan for last leisurely breakfast on the ship. Will see what time they want us boarding.