Pirate's Cove

MA cruisers

Looking at Pirate's Cove for a group of 12 50-60ish fun loving adults. We are looking for something similar to Nachi Cochum in Cozumel love that place. Is Pirate's Cove along the same lines? Thanks for your help.

We went to Pirates' Cove in March. It was just okay to us. We enjoyed Accra/Rockley much more. Pirates' Cove was pretty but the beach bar there was just okay-- nothing special. We were constantly being asked to go on a turtle excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just there last month. It's pretty there, but it was just "ok" I thought. We did the package that included the snorkeling out to the turtles and ship wreck and 1 "free drink". Multiple things happened that day...they were very rude on the boat that took us out. I hadn't even seen a turtle and he was yelling to get back on the boat or he was leaving us. He also told me to stop bird watching and that the turtles were under the water. Well duh, I was looking across the water for my daughter. Also, we didn't out free drink and nothing was done about it. The food was ok, but no service out at the chairs, which meant walking all the way up into the building and hauling our stuff back out to our chairs.

If interested in my full review with tons of pictures. You can find it HERE. Staring at post #562

I just wanted to add that we went to The Boatyard last time and it was really nice. You can find my review for it in my signature line.

• 2 weeks later...
We were just there last month. It's pretty there, but it was just "ok" I thought. We did the package that included the snorkeling out to the turtles and ship wreck and 1 "free drink". Multiple things happened that day...they were very rude on the boat that took us out. I hadn't even seen a turtle and he was yelling to get back on the boat or he was leaving us. He also told me to stop bird watching and that the turtles were under the water. Well duh, I was looking across the water for my daughter. Also, we didn't out free drink and nothing was done about it. The food was ok, but no service out at the chairs, which meant walking all the way up into the building and hauling our stuff back out to our chairs.

If interested in my full review with tons of pictures. You can find it HERE. Staring at post #562

I just wanted to add that we went to The Boatyard last time and it was really nice. You can find my review for it in my signature line.

Did a similar tour on Wednesday, 5-16. Got a tremendous value at $43.20 for 2, which included 2 beach chairs, umbrella, 2 90 minute glass bottom snorkel tours and shared transportation to and from the port . . . Plus rum punch on the snorkel boat and 2 free rum punches at Pirate’s Cove. This was through Viator and with Glory Tours.

Very similar experience. Tranquility took us out to snorkel. The boat is very nice and the rum punch was pretty unlimited after snorkel, so maybe 20 minutes of drinks. Windy day so we had to walk to the docks, which ate some time.

The staff was really good with kids, but one of the guys was fairly rude to several guests. Now maybe that was his way to “break ice” but he should change it. One couple was trying to take a pre snorkel selfie and the guy told them get in the water and take pics after. Could of been said much nicer. Also my wife is scared of open water and wanted to wear a vest the whole time and was on the verge of being ridiculed by the same guy for doing so as he took it as an insult and that nothing would happen on his boat. She is from Trinidad so maybe that island bond they share in his mind gave him the right to get on her a bit, but he was taking it to far

The captain was nice and very assuring to my wife and told her to keep the vest on and served her rum punch early while everybody snorkeled.

The snorkeling was great. Saw a turtle and a sting ray in open water and plenty of fish by the wrecks. Turtle came right under me and chilled for a while . . . It was pretty amazing. Thought the time in water was fair.

The beach is gorgeous but did not like that when we got back from snorkeling all the prime real estate was gone. Really not fair and we were not able to reserve before snorkeling. It all worked out because we just used the white cushioned cabana style beds without charge as no chairs were available. Apparantely they could of easily placed more but nobody was available and nobody told us anything. Those chairs are usually $25, in addition to the normal chair/umbrella charge.

Placed was pretty packed and bar service was on the slow side. Rum punch was good, not great.

Buffet food was ehhh ok. Good price, not a memorable meal.

Did not like all the jet ski vendors so close to the beach and jetskiing so close to swimmers. Coast guard came later in the day and spoke to the head guys. Looks like paperwork was written in the process.

Overall, for the money spent, It was worth it. But it definitely is not a flawless experience or a 5 star one. More like a 2 star experience saved by a 5 star ocean/beach and in this case the money spent.

Will try something different in Barbados next visit, probably Boatyard or a Catamaran or an island tour.

Edited by kdawg954