Adventure Repositioning - 5/5/2018 – Live of Periscope and Cruise Critic

Thanks for sharing, I'll be on Adventure in a month and a half. I've heard a few people say in the past that the crew on repos are generally new/inexperienced due crew turnover so hopefully that gets ironed out in the 6 weeks left.

For us steerage class folks who don't have access to any fancy lounges, is there anywhere comfortable to sit and read a book while enjoying a view of the ocean?

Not really any activity on my roll call at all aside from people popping in to say "I'm going." Sounds like you had a fun group!

What Restaurant is equivalent to Giovanni’s on Harmony of the Seas?? I need some Pork Belly in my life on my December cruise...

Harmony has Jamie's Italian instead of Giovanni's. Much different menu.

I made the kool kids list!?!? Outstanding live blog review Mr. Jarvis! I feel like I was in that grand suite more than my own cabin!

That means alot coming from the #1 RCL Blogger - Thanks!!!!!

I made the kool kids list!?!? Outstanding live blog review Mr. Jarvis! I feel like I was in that grand suite more than my own cabin!

Agreed! This was fun to read after experiencing most of it with you Jarvis! It was so fun hanging out with the kool kids group for 5 days! We need to do it again!! Great review!!

Summary

Cabin – The Grand Suite was in great condition

Suite Attendant – Very Good – Jackie did a great job cleaning up from all the parties I had. He received a nice tip in addition to the pre-paid.

Cruise Director – Fair -Chris???? – Did a nice job with The Quest, but I never saw him, heard his announcements or his last name.

Concierge – Hugo – No Grade – Did a great job filling in for the sick Sucel. I didn’t need any of his services

Diamond Concierge – Chris D – OK – I received no Diamond Plus welcome letter, tour sign-up sheets, cookies or my 3 welcome gifts. I guess my status is really Pre-Gold like the website says. When I complained, Chris sent a bottle of champagne to the cabin. Nice Touch

Internet Service – Very Good – Best non O3B Voom service Ihave ever had - Periscope, Skype video, iMessage, Facetime, Good client vpn andMobile Iron VPN worked. Netflix, Hulu,YouTube and Slingbox worked after 30 seconds of buffering.

Food – (Subjective) – Mixed – Great job with the Caribbean night in the Windjammer. Slow service and average food in Chops. Great service and great food in Giovanni’s - Bring back the Veal Chop and the old mud pie!!!!!!

Room service – Very Good – Took 45 mins to arrive, but thequality and taste was very good

Luggage Delivery – My suitcase didn’t arrive by 8pm, so I went down to security. When I got down there my bag and 300 other bags were just sitting there. When I inquired, the security guy said,” Take it, there are no restricted items in it.” I responded,” then why wasn’t it delivered to my cabin?” His response – Blank Stare

Bar Service – Bars are woefully understaffed with all of the drink packages. Impossible to get a drink in the VCL at nights

Misc - Fresh out of dry dock, I was surprised at how manyelevator buttons were not working.

Crew shout outs – Freddy in Giovanni’s, The Sky Bar Team and Kendrick in the Suite Lounge

Special Shout outs – The Kool Kids – Michael, Laura, LauraLee, Tom, Kathy, Cookingyo, BigDawgRon ,Kelly, Claire, Hannah, Jodi and Dan, and Shenita, Cruise Bae, Twang Ster, Angel and the Ski Family

Conclusion:

This was one of the best cruises I’ve been on due to the pre cruise roll calls and ………… However, this was not one of the best cruises from a crew execution perspective. Bad luggage delivery, No welcome gifts, slow service in Chops and having to send my filet back is all due to bad management of the hard working crew. I would not be surprised if Adventure receives some bad CC reviews from the demanding North East cruisers at the beginning of the summer season, but I’m sure the staff will rise to occasion and bring Adventure up to Anthem standards.

Total score 83%

Another good vacation, I remain loyal to Royal. Thank you for reading and watching on Periscope.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

28263965688_e877a0cd5a_c.jpg

"This is Ken Jarvis and I approve this review, you know how we end these things….

RKSister...BOOM!!!!!!!!"

Thank you for your review. I was on Adventure in the Royal Suite and it was the worst cruise I have taken for some of those reasons and a few more. I thought I was the only one. I sat down with the guest services manager regarding some issues and he agreed with many of them. I personally have sworn off Adventure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the review. I'm hoping they make many, major, improvements between now and next April when we're on her, and sailing out of Port Everglades! We're only Diamond, but will be cruising in a Grand Suite, so we'll see how things go. Last cruise on Adventure was in 2005, shortly after the Natalie Hollaway abduction. Many "missing signs" all over Aruba. We're looking forward to seeing the improvements after the refurb. I'll be checking out your posts on Periscope, too.

Thanks again! Great job!

Thank you for your review. I was on Adventure in the Royal Suite and it was the worst cruise I have taken for some of those reasons and a few more. I thought I was the only one. I sat down with the guest services manager regarding some issues and he agreed with many of them. I personally have sworn off Adventure.

Thanks for letting us visit during the cabin crawl

Book a JS or better, Coastal Kitchen may be the only option.

Already booked and it is not in a Junior Suite so does that mean you can only go to Coastal Kitchen if you are in a Junior Suite?????

No other restaurant will have this Cuisine :(????

Already booked and it is not in a Junior Suite so does that mean you can only go to Coastal Kitchen if you are in a Junior Suite?????

No other restaurant will have this Cuisine :(????

Coastal Kitchen is a restaurant for suite guests and Pinnacle Club C&A members. JS guests have access to dinner only, other suite guests and PC members have access to breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Hopefully someone else will chime in about other options with pork belly choices.

Thank you for your review. I noticed on your cabin crawl one of your pictures looked like a promenade view. What deck was this on and what did you think of it?

@mpoole3 - Your thoughts???

Thank you for your review. I noticed on your cabin crawl one of your pictures looked like a promenade view. What deck was this on and what did you think of it?

We stayed in Promenade stateroom 7611 in January of 2017 and we didn't mind it. While it was QUITE a bit smaller than a balcony, the cost savings that year was worth it. It was one of the first rooms off of the aft elevators which was a great location. The sound wasn't an issue because Guest Relations was the only thing down from our room. I would do another PR room if the cost savings was pretty large. Otherwise, it's a balcony for us!