Larger inside cabins/staterooms on the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam?

EngSet

Good morning/afternoon-

Have been searching on the HAL threads for info about the larger inside staterooms on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam; but, have not been able to find the threads/related info.

Trying to ascertain which decks, which cabins are the larger inside staterooms.

Thanks in advance,

-EngSet

Did another search and did find mention of the J and K insides on the Main Deck of the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam as being some of the larger interior staterooms.

Also, found suggestion to stick to starboard side cabins (the J and Ks on the Main Deck) if noise an issue for light sleepers.

Any other guidance re: the larger interior cabins? Thanks. :-)

Did another search and did find mention of the J and K insides on the Main Deck of the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam as being some of the larger interior staterooms.

Also, found suggestion to stick to starboard side cabins (the J and Ks on the Main Deck) if noise an issue for light sleepers.

You might want to try halfacts.com they have a wealth of information and fotos.

Rosalyn

I was in 1125 on NA - last room - next to a crew service area. 'Early to bed' might want to avoid this room - noise stopped about 11 pm - it was a starboard side room. Nice and roomy though. Good sized corner sofa - brand-new.

I also appreciated that the step into the bathroom was half a step lower.

The K-category cabins on Main Deck are aft of the aft elevator. It doesn't matter which side of the ship you choose, since there is nothing producing noise above them.

The J-category cabins on starboard, half-way to mid-ship and back, are the most quiet. On port side they are under the Queen's Lounge, and you will hear the music at night in at least some of them. Closer to the forward elevator on port side can be fine, though (I have been in one of those). I would be careful about the starboard cabins closer to the forward elevators, as they are under the Billboard area.

The I-category cabins on Deck 8 (I don't remember the deck name, sorry) are also large ones.

I don't know about the other I-category cabins on the other decks.

Beware, the other insides, including the J- & K-cabins on other than Main Deck, are tiny.

The K-category cabins on Main Deck are aft of the aft elevator. It doesn't matter which side of the ship you choose, since there is nothing producing noise above them.

The J-category cabins on starboard, half-way to mid-ship and back, are the most quiet. On port side they are under the Queen's Lounge, and you will hear the music at night in at least some of them. Closer to the forward elevator on port side can be fine, though (I have been in one of those). I would be careful about the starboard cabins closer to the forward elevators, as they are under the Billboard area.

The I-category cabins on Deck 8 (I don't remember the deck name, sorry) are also large ones.

I don't know about the other I-category cabins on the other decks.

Beware, the other insides, including the J- & K-cabins on other than Main Deck, are tiny.

Thanks for the reminder re the size of the J and K cabins that are not on the main deck. One thing that is appealing re the larger cabins minus the window is that they really do look pretty spacious.

Thinking of the Nieuw Amsterdam or Eurodam for an Alaska cruise this September or next year.

Thanks again for the info.

I knew I had read some about these larger cabins on the boards, but, was having trouble finding the info. Then, remember to search under J and K, vs. just "inside staterooms."