Bed on Caribbean Princess

elruth

This will be our first cruise on a Princess cruise. We are in late 70's and 80's age wise and are going on the Caribbean Princess in a balcony room. Is the bed comfortable and can I request something to make it a softer mattress if necessary? A few years ago we went on a Royal C cruise and the mattress was so hard and uncomfortable that we never went on another cruise with that cruise line again. We've been on over 20 cruises mostly with NCL

We were on the Caribbean Princess last month. All the cabins have the new mattresses which I thought were very comfortable. It was much softer than my bed at home. My daughter thought they were too soft.

I don't think you'll have a problem with it being too firm. With the new beds and bedding, they have done away with the egg crates and mattress toppers...so no, you won't be able to get something to make it softer.

I have read some one else's experience on a forum here that if the new mattress is too soft they can remove the pillow top portion of the mattress to make it firmer -- this was verified in a few posts -- if that helps at all. New mattresses are great add -- now if they would just refresh this Ship starting to really show a need.

Cruised on CB the last 14 days of March. Very good bed. Softer than mine but we both slept very well. CB also has new TVs I think they are 47") with on demand movies. Nice extra. If you frequent the buffet don't stop in the main buffet area but go on further aft and check out the breakfast and lunch offerings at Planks and Steamers. Those are included with your cruise fare and only charge for dinner. The eggs and such were vastly better back there than in the main part of the buffet and the lunch offerings aren't to be seen at all in the main buffet.

We were on the Caribbean Princess last month. All the cabins have the new mattresses which I thought were very comfortable. It was much softer than my bed at home. My daughter thought they were too soft.

I don't think you'll have a problem with it being too firm. With the new beds and bedding' date=' they have done away with the egg crates and mattress toppers...so no, you won't be able to get something to make it softer.[/quote']

Did you find the fold out sofa comfortable also? I seem to recall that you slept there for your cruise. My 10yo will be stuck on the sofa, and am trying to decide if it is worth it to bring a cheap pad to help minimize the bars.

Did you find the fold out sofa comfortable also? I seem to recall that you slept there for your cruise. My 10yo will be stuck on the sofa, and am trying to decide if it is worth it to bring a cheap pad to help minimize the bars.

My 23 year old slept on the fold out on our Alaska cruise on the Coral Princess 2 years ago and they brought her a thin mattress and folded it in half and removed it each morning and put it back on for her each night with a chocolate candy

She said it was fine. Just ask when room Stewart when you first arrive

My 23 year old slept on the fold out on our Alaska cruise on the Coral Princess 2 years ago and they brought her a thin mattress and folded it in half and removed it each morning and put it back on for her each night with a chocolate candy

She said it was fine. Just ask when room Stewart when you first arrive

Thanks for this info.