Formal Night on 5-day to Cuba (Overnight)?

Sorry, I was unable to find the answer through "Search." I was wondering which night will be formal night on the Empress out of Miami to Cuba (overnight.) We sail on a Monday. If we're in Cuba from 8am Tues until 8pm Wed, would it be on Thursday, our day at sea? I'm hoping it won't be the night we're in Cuba!

We just came back from a 6-night cruise on Empress. There is no formal Formal Night, but our first day was a sea day and was listed as “Dress to Impress”. There was a decent MDR menu and the photographers were out in force. If you would miss dressing up, this would be the night to do it. If you want to judge others for not following the posted dress code, it’s not going to be nearly as satisfying as a true formal night... It reminded me more of the “Elegant Evening” that the Carnival ships were using on our last cruise with them.

Our final night’s dress code was “Smart Casual”, but they brought out the ubiquitous lobster tails and Prime Rib on the MDR menu.

So many of the individual elements are still there for those who might otherwise miss them, but they aren’t quite as...um...formalized.

Sorry, I was unable to find the answer through "Search." I was wondering which night will be formal night on the Empress out of Miami to Cuba (overnight.) We sail on a Monday. If we're in Cuba from 8am Tues until 8pm Wed, would it be on Thursday, our day at sea? I'm hoping it won't be the night we're in Cuba!

Can't wait to hear about your trip. SOunds like the one we want to go on next Spring/summer...is it the itinerary with Key West? Enjoy!!

• 1 month later...
Can't wait to hear about your trip. SOunds like the one we want to go on next Spring/summer...is it the itinerary with Key West? Enjoy!!

Sorry! I just saw this! No, not to Key West. We leave one week from today!! The day after we sail, we are in Cuba for an overnight. We don't depart until the next day at 8pm. Sea day the next day, then our last day is at Cococay. 5-day cruise.

Now I'm curious when the Dress to Impress night will be. Our one and only Sea Day?