2 people with separate arrivals for check in

CatsinShow

There is no PM on Cruise Critic.

Are you sure? I have a section on this site on my phone app that says messages. Never used it but I would have thought that would be private messaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going to guess that your emails were just as hard, abrupt, and frank as your posts here. Your roommate probably found another cabin to share.

Hmm would you like me to copy and paste them and you could tell me?

She's not going on the cruise period.

I'm assuming that you booked the cruise through a travel agent site that matches up singles. What are the chances that they will assign another person to your cabin? EM

It wasn't through a website as far as I know. Someone planned a group trip and had a travel agent who arranges group make the reservations. You brought up a good point. Not sure if they are assigning the room to anyone else since she already actually checked into the cruise awhile ago. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I tried to see if I could buy the drink package but her name is still on my booking so it wants me to book for 2.

I have just 2 comments (well, I have more but let's just stick with these 2)....

1. Don't get bent out of shape because she didn't want to meet you for coffee. She's looking for someone to share a room with not a friend.

2. Can you PLEASE do a live report on this cruise

So what happens now with her cancelling? I thought if that happens, then the OP would be responsible for now covering the roommate's portion of the room?

Also, don't feel bad about getting mad with her. I'd feel the same way if someone was inconsiderate, when in this kind of arrangement, you should be planning logistics together!

I have just 2 comments (well, I have more but let's just stick with these 2)....

1. Don't get bent out of shape because she didn't want to meet you for coffee. She's looking for someone to share a room with not a friend.

2. Can you PLEASE do a live report on this cruise

Look I really could care less about her not wanting to meet for coffee. I was simply trying to break the ice because I know it might be strange for people to share a living arrangement with a stranger for 3 nights. That's it. I thought this was a nice gesture. I'm not sure why my critics on here are focusing on that when I clearly was annoyed at her lack of consideration NOT because she didn't want to meet me for an hour!. Is consideration important to me? Absolutely. Was I looking for her to be my friend? Nope, but just looking for someone who could be considerate of planning things that cabin mates should agree to or negotiate on as I said before.

As far as a live report, I don't know. Nearly everyone on this who has responded to me as insulted me for being annoyed and someone's lack of consideration and that I'm the bad one here for not liking inconsiderate people.

So what happens now with her cancelling? I thought if that happens, then the OP would be responsible for now covering the roommate's portion of the room?

Also, don't feel bad about getting mad with her. I'd feel the same way if someone was inconsiderate, when in this kind of arrangement, you should be planning logistics together!

Good point. I emailed the organizer late last night about that. I searched on here and Googled when that happens. It seems like the common answer is that because the trip has already been paid for (and we each paid separately the group organizer NOT Carnival), I just might have been given an "upgrade" due to her dropping out. That being said, I do have this fear that somehow I will end up with a an extra fee. She also checked in awhile ago. Not sure if she called Carnival to state that she is no longer, or if the planner called Carnival about that.

I think you are the only one who understands where I am coming from. I just wanted consideration on logistics since we would be sharing a cabin. That was it. She could have ate wherever she wanted, gone on any tours she wanted, Hell, I would have even let her chosen the bed just as a nice gesture. I just wanted communication on boarding and selecting the dining time (I realize the dining thing makes no difference though....first time on Carnival so unfamiliar with the dining stuff after NCL) since this affects everyone in the cabin and not just 1 person.

Good point. I emailed the organizer late last night about that. I searched on here and Googled when that happens. It seems like the common answer is that because the trip has already been paid for (and we each paid separately the group organizer NOT Carnival), I just might have been given an "upgrade" due to her dropping out. That being said, I do have this fear that somehow I will end up with a an extra fee. She also checked in awhile ago. Not sure if she called Carnival to state that she is no longer, or if the planner called Carnival about that.

I think you are the only one who understands where I am coming from. I just wanted consideration on logistics since we would be sharing a cabin. That was it. She could have ate wherever she wanted, gone on any tours she wanted, Hell, I would have even let her chosen the bed just as a nice gesture. I just wanted communication on boarding and selecting the dining time (I realize the dining thing makes no difference though....first time on Carnival so unfamiliar with the dining stuff after NCL) since this affects everyone in the cabin and not just 1 person.

Ok...your boarding time/print out says 12:30 p.m. You can get there early ... let's say 11:00 a.m. and STILL wind up sitting, waiting and not boarding until 2:00 p.m. Even if your then roommate had done NOTHING to change the original time.

It's how fast you get through customs, scanners, and MANY other things completely out of your control.

On the ship now...soon to do the drill. She did not show up on the ship or in the group at all.... check in felt like going to a small airport in the trusted traveler program. Took less time than I expected or no one gave a blank about the time I had. I was on the ship in less than 15 minutes right after I parked. I won 100 bucks of spa credit during the spa raffle. Ate a burger at guy’s which was good. Watched people lose money at that cash crane game.

Sweet. I didn't realize you were so close to your sail date.

Long Beach terminal is the smoothest check in we have experienced. It seemed like the majority of people weren't interested to get on the ship early, unlike or experience with Galveston.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Forums mobile app

Sweet. I didn't realize you were so close to your sail date.

Long Beach terminal is the smoothest check in we have experienced. It seemed like the majority of people weren't interested to get on the ship early, unlike or experience with Galveston.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Forums mobile app

Yeah it was fairly empty around noon.

On the ship now...soon to do the drill. She did not show up on the ship or in the group at all.... check in felt like going to a small airport in the trusted traveler program. Took less time than I expected or no one gave a blank about the time I had. I was on the ship in less than 15 minutes right after I parked. I won 100 bucks of spa credit during the spa raffle. Ate a burger at guy’s which was good. Watched people lose money at that cash crane game.

Thanks for the info...us nosey people want to know lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Been following your ordeal. Glad no issue getting on the ship. I guess this means you'll have the cabin all to yourself! Nice winning the spa credit.

Have a great time.

Thank you for the kind words. The group organizer said that the girl is a no show and not canceled and that they would end up having to eat whatever extra fees that there may be

Thank you for the kind words. The group organizer said that the girl is a no show and not canceled and that they would end up having to eat whatever extra fees that there may be

I honestly don't know how that works but hopefully the group booking has enough to cover costs if there are more. Otherwise the no show might get charged on her credit card by the organizer. Hope it all works out.

What I did yesterday (that I can remember):

When I got on the ship I walkedaround a bit and ate a burger and fries from Guy's. Burger was good, and friescould have been great but I didn't like the seasoning. Had dessert at thebuffet (nothing was particularly great except the strawberry pops). Took a spatour, did the foot thing where you get a print, and participated in the sparaffle and was the last person to win a prize ($100 spa credit!). Booked a 50minute massage. Just in case anyone is curious, spa credit can only be used on certaindays and for certain spa services based on the full price (they give you a listyou can choose from). You cannot use it on anything so if there is a specialpackage or you have a day in mind, you are out of luck. In any case, I'm usingit on Ensenada Day as all I want to do there is see the blowhole.

Next I didthe safety drill and had a little chocolate soft serve from the buffet (wasokay). I really wanted hot chocolate but at nearly every machine was out ofservice. The one that did work, only gave out hot water (you could see all themix on top, but it still wouldn't work). Watched a little of the party thatthey do when the ship departs.I think because of the weather, it affected theinterest of it as they moved it inside. It was your standard cruise ship cornything, but all the workers were very nice and seemed to enjoy it. Went to thecabin briefly to just go online. Wifi was dial up slow, but good enough. I hadhousekeeping also change my 2 twins to a king since I had the cabin to myself,and to change my bedding as I found hair on the sheets (as well as a few longhairs in the shower and in the toilet). They changed it but there were still acouple of hairs on the sheet so I then decided to just shut up about it becauseit would probably happen again (hair freaks me out when in a hotel room). Gotthe chocolate getaway drink from the lobby bar. Was pretty good. Finished ittoo quickly.

Went to meet up with my group for a talk and mingled with somepeople in it. Changed for dinner at the dining room to meet the group fordinner. Complete mixed experience on that dining experience. Caesar salad hadold lettuce (you know the taste of old lettuce), however, the flat iron steakwas surprisingly very, very good (Carnival knows how to make a steak!). Theynever brought out my iced tea, it took forever to get the entrees as we saw peoplein our group get dessert before most of us got our entrees (not kidding and weall were there around the same time), and the broccoli with my steak waspartially defrosted (and the waiter gave me a potato instead of the whippedpotatoes). Service was terrible, some bad food (at least how it was prepared),but a great steak and tiramisu (hope they have it again). For dessert Iselected a date pudding (was really a partially baked muffin imo and notexactly pudding, and the nutella tiramisu which was excellent).

Went to roombriefly and then went to watch the 2 comedians that they had. They were betterthan the comedians I have seen before on other cruises. I went because theywere listed as 18 and up, an explicit LOL. A lot of poking fun of people in theaudience and talking about a well known body part of certain men (cause a lotof people to leave!!). I watched from the bar (had a “sex on the stage”….nothingspecial). Thought I would do karaoke but I returned to the cabin to check emailand get to bed (got back to the cabin around midnight….time does fly whencruising).

It's now 7:15AM. My tentative plans for the day include breakfast buffet, hot tub on Serenity, steam room, possibly going to the gym, get my picture taken with the cruise director for a prize (anyone know what the prize is?), and then need to join my group up for a 2 hour thing. After late lunch maybe use the hot tub again. It's evening night where I'm joining my group for dinner. I then want to see the comedian or karaoke (wish they weren't at or around the same time as I want to do both!), and then do the Quest!.