2 people with separate arrivals for check in

CatsinShow

I’m sure she didn’t realize that when she changed her check in time it would also change yours. Please don’t be negative or angry with her that’s no way to start a cruise. Just go have fun don’t be mean and nasty to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This. She probably didn't understand that if you get an earlier time, you can board later. Don't let this ruin your good time. If you can, change the time, do so, let her know what you did and that she can board anytime after your scheduled time.

Since you are alone, I suspect you can go ahead and try to get on board. When sis and I did cruise out of LA, we had a 1230 check in time but just walked on at 1130, we boarded, no questions asked. You never know until you try.

Just plead ignorance. All they can say is no.

This. She probably didn't understand that if you get an earlier time, you can board later. Don't let this ruin your good time. If you can, change the time, do so, let her know what you did and that she can board anytime after your scheduled time.

Since you are alone, I suspect you can go ahead and try to get on board. When sis and I did cruise out of LA, we had a 1230 check in time but just walked on at 1130, we boarded, no questions asked. You never know until you try.

We arranged ahead of time the 12:30 time so I could go on the ship by my time since she knew she would be there after 12:30. She changed the time.

The girl also picked the dinner time without asking me which I wanted. The group planner emailed all of us ahead of time saying we need to arrange with our assigned roommate things like dinner schedules, and drink packages. They never mentioned the check in time.

I'm taken back by this as she is the inconsiderate one. I've extended olive branches already to this girl:

- wanting to meet with her ahead of time for a drink or coffee so she knows me ahead of time (she wasn't interested)

- discussed different check in times (she said she will be a later check in, and I said an earlier one...we agreed to an earlier check in since it meant I get to go on as scheduled where she gets to go on whenever she wants since she would be there later than me anyway)

- told her the ball was in her court with drink packages (I said if she wants it, I have no problems buying 1 for myself but if she wants to skip it, that's too)...never heard back.

She also picked the dinner time without asking me which time would be the best for me.

I hope the travel planner realizes that maybe next time before they assign roommates that they should see who wants the drink package and who wants what time to avoid confusion. When I emailed the planner this morning I just got a "Yeah, you are right that is annoying! You need to contact Carnival as I cannot assist".

Why? Your post would deter me if I had thought about rooming with a stranger. Doesn’t matter if you are right or she is, it is a mess before it begins. That doesn’t make for oh this sounds like a great idea to me...but to each their own. I’d pay double occupancy before I’d chance a stranger’s wants aligning with mine. With that said I hope you can let go of complications prior and enjoy your cruise.

sure if i dont have to pay the double price im never in my room to begin with

If your sleeping schedule aligns might work. If not could be rough. I wouldn’t chance it on cost for extended weekend cruise. My sleep would be worth double at that fare pricing point for sure.

I just got back from an 8 day cruise where part of our group of 10 included 2 people who shared a room that didn’t know each other. They each knew someone that knew each other. I can tell you one of them said at the end she would never do it again. You never know what someone’s personality might be like and how annoying it could be to have to share a small space with them even for short periods. Sounds like a ggamble at best and I’m not much of a gambler....

If your sleeping schedule aligns might work. If not could be rough. I wouldn’t chance it on cost for extended weekend cruise. My sleep would be worth double at that fare pricing point for sure.

I just got back from an 8 day cruise where part of our group of 10 included 2 people who shared a room that didn’t know each other. They each knew someone that knew each other. I can tell you one of them said at the end she would never do it again. You never know what someone’s personality might be like and how annoying it could be to have to share a small space with them even for short periods. Sounds like a ggamble at best and I’m not much of a gambler....

i think you should at least try and meet and set you expectations when rooming with someone. you will never be a perfect match but you can compromise.

i think you should at least try and meet and set you expectations when rooming with someone. you will never be a perfect match but you can compromise.

I would agree if you’re going to do it that sounds like a good plan if possible. In my case the 2 ladies were from different states not within driving distance.

They may still deny the earlier boarding cause their websites says that both ppl on the reservation has be present to checkin.

I don't think this is true. I don't know of any cruise line that insists 2 people in 1 cabin MUST check in together.

People arrive from other places and at different times for the same cabin ... ALL the time.

I'm taken back by this as she is the inconsiderate one. I've extended olive branches already to this girl:

- wanting to meet with her ahead of time for a drink or coffee so she knows me ahead of time (she wasn't interested)

- discussed different check in times (she said she will be a later check in, and I said an earlier one...we agreed to an earlier check in since it meant I get to go on as scheduled where she gets to go on whenever she wants since she would be there later than me anyway)

- told her the ball was in her court with drink packages (I said if she wants it, I have no problems buying 1 for myself but if she wants to skip it, that's too)...never heard back.

She also picked the dinner time without asking me which time would be the best for me.

I hope the travel planner realizes that maybe next time before they assign roommates that they should see who wants the drink package and who wants what time to avoid confusion. When I emailed the planner this morning I just got a "Yeah, you are right that is annoying! You need to contact Carnival as I cannot assist".

Wow, how absolutely generous and giving and considerate you are. ;p

Now, before your halo burns up from flying too close to the sun ... just relax. Your offers were simple suggestions. She didn't have time or truly didn't want to do anything with you. That is her right.

NO ONE HAS to do what you DEMAND of them. It was a good idea that you asked, but that's all it was. She has a free will and opted to not meet you, arrive at same time or make a decision about a drink package on your time schedule. And now, you are plotting and scheming and conniving against an innocent person.

You can not convince anyone on CC that you & cabin mate HAVE to have to same dining time. THAT is ridiculous.

Oh, just a heads up. This 'roommate' will NOT go on tours & do everything you want to do, with you. She will NOT agree with you, like you, or dine with you ... unless it's HER decision to do so.

I'm a bit annoyed at this (not at Carnival but about this girl I was assigned to room with). I checked in a few days ago to get the 12:30 check in time. I coordinated with the girl who I am sharing the cabin with (this was a part of a group package where they assigned roommates for this particular voyage) and she said she needs to do the 2:30 check in but to just check in earlier than me and that she would check in later.

I went to print my luggage tag and boarding pass (had it printed before but I misplaced it) and low and behold, my 12:30 check in now has somehow became 2:30.

My plan was to at check in at 11:00 to ideally get on the ship by 1:00 to have lunch and relax before it gets crowded.

If I show up at 11, am I going to have to wait longer since the boarding pass now says 2:30 and not 12:30?

I'm so angry at this girl and now I'm sharing a room with her for 3 nights.

When you get to the terminal they have an early/late check in line. Just go there when ever you show up. We had a boarding time of 12:30. We were eating BBQ by noon. They are very good about moving people through the Long Beach terminal.

I don't know if this is bad karma on her end and good karma on my end, but I got an email from the organizer that the girl that I'm supposed to room with canceled.

I know what you are all thinking that it was me. I have never spoken to her on the phone...only a few emails where I couldn't have been any nicer (I wouldn't go out of my way to be rude to someone who I am sharing a room with for 3 days...I just felt the girl was inconsiderate about our arrangement).

I don't know if this is bad karma on her end and good karma on my end, but I got an email from the organizer that the girl that I'm supposed to room with canceled.

I know what you are all thinking that it was me. I have never spoken to her on the phone...only a few emails where I couldn't have been any nicer (I wouldn't go out of my way to be rude to someone who I am sharing a room with for 3 days...I just felt the girl was inconsiderate about our arrangement).

how do you P M someone?

What are you going to do if she stumbles in at 2 am drunk and loud with a "friend" while you are trying to sleep...

Honestly, I would expect that from anyone. I just was upset that she decided to plan our set dinner time without consulting me which would work for me, and change the arrival time after we already discussed this. I like to think I'm considerate of other peoples' plans.

Wow, how absolutely generous and giving and considerate you are. ;p

Now, before your halo burns up from flying too close to the sun ... just relax. Your offers were simple suggestions. She didn't have time or truly didn't want to do anything with you. That is her right.

NO ONE HAS to do what you DEMAND of them. It was a good idea that you asked, but that's all it was. She has a free will and opted to not meet you, arrive at same time or make a decision about a drink package on your time schedule. And now, you are plotting and scheming and conniving against an innocent person.

You can not convince anyone on CC that you & cabin mate HAVE to have to same dining time. THAT is ridiculous.

Oh, just a heads up. This 'roommate' will NOT go on tours & do everything you want to do, with you. She will NOT agree with you, like you, or dine with you ... unless it's HER decision to do so.

Eh I didn't see this as us being friends. All I wanted to do was arrange the logistics. I'm not someone who would get upset because someone doesn't want to do a tour or eat with me. Nice to have company but I would not assume someone would hang out with me. I believe it is inconsiderate to arrange plans which will affect someone else's plans. To me the right thing to do is to communicate and negotiate.

I just was trying to be nice by seeing if she wanted to meet before the cruise since we live near each other and would be sharing a room together. That was it. Whether she was busy or not, I didn't really care. All I wanted was to arrange arrangements which the group planner told us to do when she emailed everyone who our cabin mates would be. I guess it would have been better if I hadn't communicated with the girl period according to Cruisecritic.

Why? Your post would deter me if I had thought about rooming with a stranger. Doesn’t matter if you are right or she is, it is a mess before it begins. That doesn’t make for oh this sounds like a great idea to me...but to each their own. I’d pay double occupancy before I’d chance a stranger’s wants aligning with mine. With that said I hope you can let go of complications prior and enjoy your cruise.

I actually asked the planner ahead of time about booking my own cabin. They were only doing 2 per cabin period with choices of inside or oceanview. Nothing beyond that. They said we could book individually though and join the group on the assigned events.

I was simply looking just for someone to share a room with. That's it. I realize I misunderstood the dinner thing. I just thought it would have been considerate to have asked me if something would be okay because that's what a considerate person does in order to respect a person's plans (I did this with her!). I think it's rude to change an arrangement you made ahead with someone without communicating with them. I would not change things period with someone unless I communicated with them. Believe me I thought about changing the check in time AFTER I saw she changed the time to something earlier. I didn't do it. I realize I'm annoyed, but I wouldn't change it out of spite.

Or perhaps she somehow found this site and saw what was waiting for her.