Cruise Next Deposits New Promotion by NCL

Sayuil

Just learned something new onboard so thought of sharing with fellow members.

We all know that you need 6 day or longer sailing to use your cruisenext voucher but until May 31 2018 you can use it on 4 day CUBA sailings. You just have to book by May 31 and not sail.

Also even though the terms says New Reservation you can apply them to an existing reservation.

Overall, i'd say that NCL is pretty flexible on the positive side in their Next Cruise rules. Slow selling cruises they may let you use 2 certificates. It's always best to talk with one or even two people at NCL and let them "see what they can do".

Overall, i'd say that NCL is pretty flexible on the positive side in their Next Cruise rules. Slow selling cruises they may let you use 2 certificates. It's always best to talk with one or even two people at NCL and let them "see what they can do".

100% True, I find these deposit a good way to save money. Currently onboard they were even offering a category upgrade to anyone who will use these deposit to book next cruise on board.

100% True, I find these deposit a good way to save money. Currently onboard they were even offering a category upgrade to anyone who will use these deposit to book next cruise on board.

Their aggressive merchandising is good for the customer. We just need to be smart consumers and take advantage.

I was on the 4/14 sailing of the Escape and bought $500 worth of these certificates for a total of $133. I used my OBC and the OBC they gave me for buying them. Best $133 I have ever spent! I just wish that I could have used two of them for my Iceland cruise next year as that cruise is very expensive. Unfortunately I am sailing solo in a studio cabin so that is why I can only use one of them.

I was on the 4/14 sailing of the Escape and bought $500 worth of these certificates for a total of $133. I used my OBC and the OBC they gave me for buying them. Best $133 I have ever spent! I just wish that I could have used two of them for my Iceland cruise next year as that cruise is very expensive. Unfortunately I am sailing solo in a studio cabin so that is why I can only use one of them.

Robin could not agree more, anyone who travels a lot, these vouchers are the best way to save money. I had some OBC on my last cruise that were non-refundable. Since I already had beverage package, It was wise of me to use those OBC to buy these voucher.

Ordinarily you buy -2- $250 dollar certificates for $500 and receive $250 OBC.

This amounts to a 50% discount

If purchased at $167.xx would represent a 67% discount

If purchased at $125.xx would represent a 75% discount

Puzzled by your $133 purchase - please explain - interested if this is some new NCL discount.

Or simply you owed NCL $250 and had $117 personal OBC resulting in the $133 payment.

In any event the Next Cruise Certificates are definitely worth while if contemplating another NCL cruise in 4 years !

If booking a balcony cabin beyond 6 months using 2 certificates is a great savings and better if it meets the down payment requirements.

I believe that Havens and Suites have a separate Next Cruise program.

My daughter and I booked two cabins on Tuesday and paid in full.... I saw your post and called today and was able to add 1 cruisenext voucher for each reservation with no problem. Thanks for the tip!!! I had a few extra certificates banked and put them to great use today!!! I'm a happy cruiser!!!

Ordinarily you buy -2- $250 dollar certificates for $500 and receive $250 OBC.

This amounts to a 50% discount

If purchased at $167.xx would represent a 67% discount

If purchased at $125.xx would represent a 75% discount

Puzzled by your $133 purchase - please explain - interested if this is some new NCL discount.

Or simply you owed NCL $250 and had $117 personal OBC resulting in the $133 payment.

In any event the Next Cruise Certificates are definitely worth while if contemplating another NCL cruise in 4 years !

If booking a balcony cabin beyond 6 months using 2 certificates is a great savings and better if it meets the down payment requirements.

Yes, I had personal OBC from stockholder benefits and OBC from NCL. This is why my total bill at the end was only $133, Bought a magnet at the gift shop so that is why the odd amount.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me. I have back to back cruises with NCL in December. If I purchase cruise next vouchers on the first cruise of the pair, can I apply a voucher to the second for a refund. I know the terms say you can only apply it to a new booking but my understanding is they will let you apply it to a future cruise even if paid in full

They do have different certificates but NCL allowed us to use two of our non-Suite/Haven cabin certificates ($500 total) towards a Haven booking. NCL said we could not use them for the full deposit which was fine with us. We paid the deposit difference with our credit card.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me. I have back to back cruises with NCL in December. If I purchase cruise next vouchers on the first cruise of the pair, can I apply a voucher to the second for a refund. I know the terms say you can only apply it to a new booking but my understanding is they will let you apply it to a future cruise even if paid in full

Is the B2B cruise one cruise or is it two separate cruises ?

If ONE cruise the number of certificates that can be applied is one (two if booking more than 6 months in a balcony).

If the 2nd cruise is separate you should be able to apply another certificate to that portion check with NCL for the answer.

Edited by don't-use-real-name

Can the OBC given from purchasing CruiseNext be used for anything that goes towards your onboard account balance? Or are there limitations to things the credits will not cover?
Yes it can for anything except the daily service charge, but you are better off just letting it offset the cost of buying the Cruise Next itself.

I highly doubt they will allow you to use a cruise next certificate purchased on the first cruise of a B2B against the second cruise of the B2B. They don't usually show up in your account until after the cruise is over so the only way to do it would be to see if the Cruise Next/Latitude person onboard can do it for you. But like I said, I doubt it.

Can the OBC given from purchasing CruiseNext be used for anything that goes towards your onboard account balance? Or are there limitations to things the credits will not cover?

Basically these OBC will cover any onboard expense similar to other non refundable obc but the way they get applied to your account is they are taken off from the amount you paid to buy them. For eg if you buy voucher worth 500$ then you get -250$ posted in your account overnight. Leaving you with only 250$ to pay

My daughter and I booked two cabins on Tuesday and paid in full.... I saw your post and called today and was able to add 1 cruisenext voucher for each reservation with no problem. Thanks for the tip!!! I had a few extra certificates banked and put them to great use today!!! I'm a happy cruiser!!!

Great to hear that this post was able to help you. Now just keep a look out on your credit card. You should see a credit within 14 business days. Feel good to save money so you can spend then onboard :)

Great to hear that this post was able to help you. Now just keep a look out on your credit card. You should see a credit within 14 business days. Feel good to save money so you can spend then onboard :)

That’s the wonderful thing about this site!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums