Question about 3-person balcony cabins

Number6

Hi

We just got an email that we were magically upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony on an upcoming cruise. (Specifically to Baja 632 on the Caribbean Princess.)

We are cruising with three people. We've stayed in interior and oceanviews before, so I'm familiar with the pull-down beds in those rooms for 3 and 4 people.

But where is the third bed in a BD-class balcony cabin? The cabin in question is clearly marked as a 3-person cabin, but I can't imagine where they put the third bed in the balcony configuration.

Any info, or even pictures would be most welcome!

The third bed is in the ceiling. It pulls down and there is a ladder to access the bed. Please note that the other beds will almost certainly need to be in a twin configuration rather than a queen configuration. I'm sure you can manage to deal with that. Enjoy your cruise.

People sailing only two to a cabin of that type often don't even realize there is a third bed in the ceiling.

We were recently on the Grand, unintentionally in a 4 person cabin. The two extra beds were attached to the wall and made it rather difficult to get in and out of bed if the beds were in Queen position. This was in an inside cabin. Not fun!

We were recently on the Grand, unintentionally in a 4 person cabin. The two extra beds were attached to the wall and made it rather difficult to get in and out of bed if the beds were in Queen position. This was in an inside cabin. Not fun!

it's quite different for a balcony cabin.

The third bed is in the ceiling. It pulls down and there is a ladder to access the bed. Please note that the other beds will almost certainly need to be in a twin configuration rather than a queen configuration. I'm sure you can manage to deal with that. Enjoy your cruise.

People sailing only two to a cabin of that type often don't even realize there is a third bed in the ceiling.

Does it come out of the ceiling over one of the twin beds or in front of the balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums