Cigar smoking on norwegian sun

LSUFLATIGER

We are on the May 14th cruise to CUBA. With this cruise generating such interest, I an wondering if they have made any other areas acceptable for cigar smoking? We are a group of 5 going for that reason. I know this is very popular among many groups. Look forward to meeting new cigar buddies on board.

We are on the May 14th cruise to CUBA. With this cruise generating such interest, I an wondering if they have made any other areas acceptable for cigar smoking? We are a group of 5 going for that reason. I know this is very popular among many groups. Look forward to meeting new cigar buddies on board.

Sorry this is 2018 not 1958. Smoking is not the “in” thing to do anymore. There will be just the usual few designated areas to smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Let me take a more serious attempt at answering your question - there are some ships that do have cigar bars (Jade, Escape) but I don't believe that Sun is one of those ships. However, my husband smokes cigars once in a while on a cruise ship and has enjoyed a cigar in outdoors under the night stars in the smoking section - we just take our drinks with us. We have not been on the Sun but my husband has had no problems smoking his cigar in other Norwegian ships.

Ok. I have spent 25 nights on the Sun. Pre drydock. There was or is a bar called the Cigar Bar on deck 5. But it is not enclosed or a place to smoke them.

I think that’s gone. Was it off the Atrium?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok. I have spent 25 nights on the Sun. Pre drydock. There was or is a bar called the Cigar Bar on deck 5. But it is not enclosed or a place to smoke them.

I always found this so strange-give a place the name Cigar Bar but then have to hang a no smoking sign. Wouldn’t it have been easier to put up a new sign calling the area something different? LOL

I just returned on Friday. There are two outdoor places to smoke.....pool deck has a small area portside on the opposite end of the bar, and a small area above the Great Outdoors.

My husband always enjoyed the cigar lounges so disappointed none on the Sun anymore. The good news is our cabin is on the pool deck so will be relatively close for him.

To clarify, do you mean opposite end of the Sports Bar or Topsiders Bar?

Is the smoking area above the Great Outdoors on deck 12 or somewhere between decks 11 and 12? Hard to understand from the deck plans.

Thanks.

I always found this so strange-give a place the name Cigar Bar but then have to hang a no smoking sign. Wouldn’t it have been easier to put up a new sign calling the area something different? LOL

You got that right. [emoji849]

It's the opposite end on the Topsiders Bar and the other place is upstairs from the Great Outdoors. You will see winding stairs from the great outdoors leading to the deck above and right there is the small smoking area. NCL does not make their smoking areas very nice. No ash trays so you have to hold your cig or cigar all the time. they have tubes that you put the cigs in.