Wheeeeeeee! First Cruise in three plus years...Lets go to Cabo...whats changed?

CirrusPilot

Wife (not necessarily mine) and I are taking a 7 day Mexican Riviera in June. Haven't been onboard a Carnival ship in about 3 years. What'd I miss? (Besides apparently the removal of the old forums. rofl).

Are the onboard shore excursions all still about twice what they are if you just go ashore and buy them?

Steakhouse still about 35 per person or so?

I saw there have been some changes to the MDR to where now apparently you can buy "the good stuff" on any night rather than only having it available on certain nights. (I am a finicky eater, sorry)

Any other changes? I see the booze packages but the conditions are nuts. I never drink enough booze to come anywhere close to what it would take to be worthwhile financially. I am a pilot and as such hardly if ever drink. (Think really cheap date n stuff)

Yay! Looking forward to finding out all the things I thought I knew but didn't. (Usually thats quite a lot. );p

Yes onboard excursions are more expensive I would not say twice the price but I would say at least 30-40% more expensive then booking yourself

Steakhouse is still $35

Yes there are options to buy things like filets and lobster in the dining room they are listed on the menu with the price I think roughly around $20 extra

Speaking of the dining room they removed the table clothes

If it has been 3 years I am sure you are gonna enjoy every minute of your cruise regardless of the changes - Have fun!

Thanks bnorris10. Much appreciated.

Yea, I think we going to have a blast. Already bought my limit of CruiseCash for the cabin, ordered a bunch of booze etc etc to be delivered to our stateroom and I made several Steakhouse reservations. At 35 bucks per person I think it’s still a good deal.

Live in the SoCal area and we can blow 35 per person a McD’s real easy.

Looking forward to it. I think this one should move us up out of Gold status finally as well. (We have been gold for what seems like forever lol )

Tried to get into the Chef's Table this time but we made our reservation only a few days ago and it was all sold out. Boo! I sent an email asking if they were going to run it a second night since they did that on cruises we were on previously when they had high demand.

Really pretty anxious to go. Cruises are me decompression time and I fully intend to do just that this time. hehe

Brunch menu is the same. The Splendor has the new breakfast menu. Many hits, a few misses

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome!! We are actually breakfast people so will nice to see what they have nowadays.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see the booze packages but the conditions are nuts. I never drink enough booze to come anywhere close to what it would take to be worthwhile financially. I am a pilot and as such hardly if ever drink.;p

If you are not drinking much, just buy the drinks a la carte. It's going to be way cheaper than Cheers.

There is also a wine package you can get onboard, if you want wine with dinner. It works out to about $6 a glass for the low end package.

If you are not drinking much, just buy the drinks a la carte. It's going to be way cheaper than Cheers.

There is also a wine package you can get onboard, if you want wine with dinner. It works out to about $6 a glass for the low end package.

Aye. Thanks Salty! I saw that they wanted over 800 bucks for my wife and I under the alcoholic drink program. Forget that!! Excluding wine with dinner there is no way I would even come close to making that work out. Some wines I like would push us over that easily over the course of 7 days but not with the 50.00 per bottle limit in place. If I remember correctly, their onboard wine cellar is massively marked up. The package might have made sense when I was 21 years old but if I drank anywhere near what it would take to make it work out now, OYYY!! lol

Wife (not necessarily mine) and I are taking a 7 day Mexican Riviera in June. Haven't been onboard a Carnival ship in about 3 years. What'd I miss? (Besides apparently the removal of the old forums. rofl).

Are the onboard shore excursions all still about twice what they are if you just go ashore and buy them?

Steakhouse still about 35 per person or so?

I saw there have been some changes to the MDR to where now apparently you can buy "the good stuff" on any night rather than only having it available on certain nights. (I am a finicky eater, sorry)

Any other changes? I see the booze packages but the conditions are nuts. I never drink enough booze to come anywhere close to what it would take to be worthwhile financially. I am a pilot and as such hardly if ever drink. (Think really cheap date n stuff)

Yay! Looking forward to finding out all the things I thought I knew but didn't. (Usually thats quite a lot. );p

I'm a pilot and drink a lot.....

We never buy the drink packages, either, as we would never drink enough to break even. We have not cruised with Carnival since 2007, so my question is (for budgeting sake) what is the cost of beer (Bud Lite, Coors Lite, and regular Heineken—all my hubby’s favorites). As for me—frozen cocktails, Mojito, Margarita, and glasses of wine. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We never buy the drink packages, either, as we would never drink enough to break even. We have not cruised with Carnival since 2007, so my question is (for budgeting sake) what is the cost of beer (Bud Lite, Coors Lite, and regular Heineken—all my hubby’s favorites). As for me—frozen cocktails, Mojito, Margarita, and glasses of wine. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what I can see after taxes, tags and fees etc drinks are about 10 bucks each. Wine will be more depending upon the bottle or glass ordered. I tend to drink rather expensive wines when I do drink (Dinner mostly) and there is no way that they will be just 10 per glass. I think (could be wrong) that the alcoholic package has a 50.00 per bottle limit. At that level and given the markups I have seen in the past on Carnival, a wine drinker would have to be consuming MD20/20 or some crap out of a box. Ummmm blech!

The package makes sense if you are onboard with your entire frat and hell bent on partying it up. But not if you have any sort of expensive taste or ;pdidn't bring along your own beer bong.;p