Would LOVE some insight, thank you.

Amouramour

On a cruise there is bound to be someone not 10ft away that will make you feel like you're a beauty queen even with your added curves. I can also guarantee that there are just as many attracted to a curvy girl with a confident smile as to any skinny girl rocking a bikini. Have a wonderful trip!

I believe this is always true of both Carnival Cruise Lines and Planet Fitness:

No matter how out of shape you think you are, there's going to be someone there in worse shape than you.

No need to worry, enjoy your cruise!

This.

Don’t worry about it. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It ain't that kinda party. You will see all body types shapes and sizes. Dont worry about what other think do what's best for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Totally agree. You will find the the majority of the people onboard are families and people of all ages. Yes there will be singles but you definitely will see more "normal" bodies than the fitness bodies. Have a great time and don't let this hold you back!

So many of us struggle with the same feelings you have. A year and a half ago I was back at my heaviest weight, the weight I was when I was pregnant with my son, who is now 16). In 14 months, I have managed to lose 36 pounds (slow but steady) by eating a healthy food plan that works for my body and walking (with a little jogging thrown in). I still have about another 30-35 pounds to go and I will be cruising in August. I know that I will not be to my goal weight by then, maybe down another 5-10 pounds, but who really knows. The bottom line is learning to be comfortable with who you are and not worrying about what others may think. You can't control it anyway. I admire the people who are comfortable wearing a bikini, no matter what they weigh. You can see they are confident in who they are and that is really awesome. I personally don't think I will ever be comfortable wearing a bikini, but I never was even when I was thinner. Just my own personal hang up. I'm happy with my skirted tankinis. :)

Don't worry about it. Unless you choose to, you won't see any of these people again - we've become friends with a couple we met on a cruise. You'll see a 300-pound guy in a speedo and women of that size in a bikini. If they feel good about themselves, who cares. :pMy wife and I are in our 70's and life-long nudists. Nudists/naturists don't do body shaming. :cool:

I struggle with the same fears each time I go on a cruise, and i pack some modest swimsuits. However, when I hit the Lido deck and see others, I realize that I blend right in, and I’m NOT a small girl. I’ve even begun to wear just board shorts and a bikini top, and I feel fine. Nobody really cares what you look like on a cruise, they are all on vacation and wrapped up in enjoying themselves. Go on and have a great time, and try not to worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First off I'm jealous because this is your 1st cruise, and as the say the first time is the best time. However, for us to make a call like this you first need to get in your suit/bikini take a pic and post it to here so we can see what you look like ;p....LoL J/K If your insecurities are because of what other people may think, SCREW them. If your insecurities are because your boyfriend makes you feel that way then, shame on him. Either way go enjoy your cruise i'm sure you will look great.

On our first cruise, there was a young couple that we guessed were on their honeymoon. They both were well over 250 pounds. She wore a orange fluorescent bikini and he wore a yellow fluorescent speedo. The comments we heard from other cruisers were how great it was that they were having the time of their lives and how their bathing suits stuck out with the brilliant colors. Not one mention was ever about their weight.

Then on that same cruise, there was a photo shoot of a model in a bathing suit by the pool. She had on this huge hat and was skinny as a rail. The comments I heard from other cruisers was that she looked fake and starved.

If your boyfriend is happy to be with you and loves you for who you are instead of what you look like, to heck with what others may think. Forget about what others think.

The funny part about me remembering the above couple after twenty plus years is not so much what they looked like but how they were having the time of their lives, enjoying each other. The model looked bored. Just remember, none of us is perfect. It's what's inside that counts.