Restaurant Recommendations - Skagway, Whitehorse, Dawson & Fairbanks

BEAV

We will have overnights on our HAL cruise tour in the cities listed above. Looking for restaurant recommendations for dinner. Not interested in buying the HAL dinner packages at the Westmark Hotels, but rather to get out and explore local places.

In Dawson City, Yukon (if that's what you mean by Dawson), you won't do any better than at Klondike Kate's. Absolutely the best food in town! In Whitehorse, Klondike Rib and Salmon is awesome. It's very small, so that might mean a wait, unless you eat at times that aren't popular. We ate at both of these establishments during our tour of the Yukon and I wish I could go back and dine there again!

Thanks for the recommendations. And, yes, I did mean Dawson City.

And I DO love Thai food. I think it would be a great diversion on a trip like this. Now to just convince my two travel companions who are Midwest-born, died-in-the-wool meat and potatoes people. Wish me luck on this one....! ;p

In Dawson City, Yukon (if that's what you mean by Dawson), you won't do any better than at Klondike Kate's. Absolutely the best food in town! In Whitehorse, Klondike Rib and Salmon is awesome. It's very small, so that might mean a wait, unless you eat at times that aren't popular. We ate at both of these establishments during our tour of the Yukon and I wish I could go back and dine there again!

Agree, both of these are very good! Before our last Yukon adventure I researched Trip Advisor for places to eat. That's how I found these two. Both are easy to walk to from your hotel. In fact, Klondike Rib and Salmon is right across the street. The hotel in Dawson City has good food and is handy for breakfast.

• 3 weeks later...