Anyone else purchase Gift Cards on EBay at 50% off?

mgdehoyos

So did anyone else see/score the $100 Carnival Gift Cards at 50% off this morning? They went quick ... but I think they sold about 100. Just wondered if it was legit! Too good to be true scares me sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most off I've seen if 15% and that was through PayPal.

I just checked ebay. I see the completed listing on these, but they were relisted. Seller is someone named reece_bryant114 with negative feedback as a seller.

My guess is that these are not legitimate. Purchase at your own risk.

Who was the seller?

It was a private seller. That’s why I asked if anyone had taken part ... I figured if not as advertised it would be covered through eBay or PayPal guarantees. Seemed a bit of too good to be true though ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most off I've seen if 15% and that was through PayPal.

I just checked ebay. I see the completed listing on these, but they were relisted. Seller is someone named reece_bryant114 with negative feedback as a seller.

My guess is that these are not legitimate. Purchase at your own risk.

The last two listings at the 15% off rate were from an eBay seller that was selling the egift cards from PayPal. That seller had over 400,000 positive feedbacks.

Edited by steadyone

As the others have said, we actually bought the 15% off GC and have already applied them (they were definitely legit).....but I would be very weary of a 50% off offer.....that smells fishy and I would stay away for sure! As the saying goes, "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is NOT true". ;)

The last two listings at the 15% off rate were from an eBay seller that was selling the egift cards from PayPal. That seller had over 400,000 positive feedbacks.

Yes, I know. I bought 3. They were sold via paypal_digital_gifts, which is legitimate. This is not in dispute. The question is about the cards being offered at 50% discount. In my opinion, this seller is not reputable.