Dawn OS's SA vs SB...is the DOS with 2 balconies worth the $1000 difference?

kopiko

Cruising on the Dawn later this year and currently booked on 12502 (SA - DOS). We stayed in 12500 last year and absolutely loved it, but I have to admit I missed having a balcony. There is currently just one SB left available, which is the OS with 2 balconies, but those rooms are always exactly $1,000 more than the DOS's.

So, for those who have stayed in both categories, are SB's worth the big price difference over SAs? I know it's a personal decision; SA have better panoramic views; SBs are a bit bigger and have 2 great balconies. Just wondering if anyone noticed anything else that makes it $1K better besides those 2 observations. In the end, they both come with 3 bottles of booze and mixers so it's a win-win no matter what! ;p

Funny thing is...they won't let you bid to go from SA to SB because SB is considered a lower category despite the price difference; go figure!

Cruising on the Dawn later this year and currently booked on 12502 (SA - DOS). We stayed in 12500 last year and absolutely loved it, but I have to admit I missed having a balcony. There is currently just one SB left available, which is the OS with 2 balconies, but those rooms are always exactly $1,000 more than the DOS's.

So, for those who have stayed in both categories, are SB's worth the big price difference over SAs? I know it's a personal decision; SA have better panoramic views; SBs are a bit bigger and have 2 great balconies. Just wondering if anyone noticed anything else that makes it $1K better besides those 2 observations. In the end, they both come with 3 bottles of booze and mixers so it's a win-win no matter what! ;p

Funny thing is...they won't let you bid to go from SA to SB because SB is considered a lower category despite the price difference; go figure!

XXXXX

My answer would be yes - having the balconies for fresh sea air and quickly stick ones head out

to see what is going on the side of the ship or even forward.

My constitution - Once a Balcony - Always a Balcony !

Another lessor so factor the 2nd bath commode feature for when there are guests 3 & 4.

Yet another factor the OBC given as a booking perk - a tie breaker perhaps.

XXXXX

Yes it is a real quandary of sorts - the best stateroom in the house is the S1 class suite on deck 14 "Garden Villa" !

Now back to reality for the price of that you could afford 15 or so inside cabins.

Category and Brief description (+ & -) of suites on the NCL DAWN.

Pricing is PER PERSON

Sleeping 6 ? 4 - NCL says 6 - comfortable for 4 really !

SJ - Family Suite - no balcony bottom of the inventory price $27xx.00 - sleeps 6 - double sink - bath & shower

14 cabins all on deck 12 - 2 of which are HC accessible

Family Suite

Sleeps up to: 6 ? 4

Cabin: 283 sqft (27 m2)

Balcony: 0 sqft (0 m2)

SF - Aft Penthouse Suite - balcony - pricing $33xx.00 - sleeps 4 single sink - bath & shower

12 cabins 4 each on decks 8 9 10 (higher decks more desirable due to noise of deck 7 lounge)

Penthouse

Sleeps up to: 4 ? 3

Cabin: 314 sqft (30 m2)

Balcony: 134 sqft (13 m2)

SE - Forward Penthouse Suite - balcony - pricing $3250.00 - sleeps 4 - single sink - bath & shower

8 cabins 4 each decks 9 & 10

Penthouse

SD - Family Suite w/Balcony - pricing $32xx.00 - sleeps 6 - double sink - bath & shower

10 cabins all on deck 12 -

Family Suite with Balcony

Cabin: 344 sqft (32 m2)

Balcony: 65 sqft (6 m2)

SC - 2 Bedroom Family Suite w/Balcony - pricing $3750.00 - sleeps 5 - 2 baths master bath & shower double

sinks - 2nd BR has shower & sink and is like mini inside cabin.

Sleeps up to: 5

Cabin: 533 sqft (50 m2)

Balcony: 54 sqft (5 m2)

SB - Owners Suite w/2 balcony - pricing $4300.00 - sleeps 4 - master bath double sinks bath & shower - toilet at entry door

4 cabins 2 on deck 10 - 2 on deck 9

Owners Suite

Sleeps up to: 4

Cabin: 571 sqft (54 m2)

Balcony: 150 sqft (14 m2)

SA - Deluxe Owners Suite - NO BALCONY - pricing $3700.00 - sleeps 6 - double sinks bath & shower

4 cabins all on deck 12 forward overlooking the bridge

Deluxe Owner Suite

Cabin: 667 sqft (63 m2)

S1 - Garden Villa - pricing $9500.00 +++ has to be seen to appreciate the awesomeness !!!!!

2 staterooms with 3 individual bedrooms

Garden Villa

Sleeps up to: 6

Cabin: 2286 sqft (215 m2)

Balcony: 3612 sqft (339 m2)

***** If someone offers you an opportunity to cabin crawl or visit the Garden Villa - DO NOT MISS IT ! *****

Owners suites and Garden Villa get complimentary liquor selection and the mini fridge is all complimentary.

For added value the 3 bottles of liquor for the DOS & OS is worth about $350 the Garden Villa 6 $700.

Whatever you want the Butler to stock the mini-fridge is a variable amount - beer soda etc. no miniatures of

liquor.

kopiko ???

Are you sailing the Bermuda sequence - New England/Canada Fall Foliage - or a ship repositioning cruise ?

No, we're sailing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan.

XXXXX

My answer would be yes - having the balconies for fresh sea air and quickly stick ones head out

to see what is going on the side of the ship or even forward.

My constitution - Once a Balcony - Always a Balcony !

Another lessor so factor the 2nd bath commode feature for when there are guests 3 & 4.

Yet another factor the OBC given as a booking perk - a tie breaker perhaps.

XXXXX

Yes it is a real quandary of sorts - the best stateroom in the house is the S1 class suite on deck 14 "Garden Villa" !

Now back to reality for the price of that you could afford 15 or so inside cabins.

Category and Brief description (+ & -) of suites on the NCL DAWN.

Pricing is PER PERSON

Sleeping 6 ? 4 - NCL says 6 - comfortable for 4 really !

SJ - Family Suite - no balcony bottom of the inventory price $27xx.00 - sleeps 6 - double sink - bath & shower

14 cabins all on deck 12 - 2 of which are HC accessible

Family Suite

Cabin: 283 sqft (27 m2)

SF - Aft Penthouse Suite - balcony - pricing $33xx.00 - sleeps 4 single sink - bath & shower

12 cabins 4 each on decks 8 9 10 (higher decks more desirable due to noise of deck 7 lounge)

Penthouse

SE - Forward Penthouse Suite - balcony - pricing $3250.00 - sleeps 4 - single sink - bath & shower

8 cabins 4 each decks 9 & 10

Penthouse

SD - Family Suite w/Balcony - pricing $32xx.00 - sleeps 6 - double sink - bath & shower

10 cabins all on deck 12 -

Family Suite with Balcony

Cabin: 344 sqft (32 m2)

Balcony: 65 sqft (6 m2)

SC - 2 Bedroom Family Suite w/Balcony - pricing $3750.00 - sleeps 5 - 2 baths master bath & shower double

sinks - 2nd BR has shower & sink and is like mini inside cabin.

Sleeps up to: 5

Cabin: 533 sqft (50 m2)

Balcony: 54 sqft (5 m2)

SB - Owners Suite w/2 balcony - pricing $4300.00 - sleeps 4 - master bath double sinks bath & shower - toilet at entry door

4 cabins 2 on deck 10 - 2 on deck 9

Owners Suite

Sleeps up to: 4

Cabin: 571 sqft (54 m2)

Balcony: 150 sqft (14 m2)

SA - Deluxe Owners Suite - NO BALCONY - pricing $3700.00 - sleeps 6 - double sinks bath & shower

4 cabins all on deck 12 forward overlooking the bridge

Deluxe Owner Suite

Cabin: 667 sqft (63 m2)

S1 - Garden Villa - pricing $9500.00 +++ has to be seen to appreciate the awesomeness !!!!!

2 staterooms with 3 individual bedrooms

Garden Villa

Sleeps up to: 6

Cabin: 2286 sqft (215 m2)

Balcony: 3612 sqft (339 m2)

***** If someone offers you an opportunity to cabin crawl or visit the Garden Villa - DO NOT MISS IT ! *****

Owners suites and Garden Villa get complimentary liquor selection and the mini fridge is all complimentary.

For added value the 3 bottles of liquor for the DOS & OS is worth about $350 the Garden Villa 6 $700.

Whatever you want the Butler to stock the mini-fridge is a variable amount - beer soda etc. no miniatures of

liquor.

Thanks for the info!

Wow I just talked to the PCC about changing but if I do, not only would I have to pay the $1,000 fare difference (which I'm willing to do) but I would also lose the $500 OBC I got when I booked many months ago! ($600 total with the latitudes OBC).

She said any change in room category would mean a cancel/re-book and they could offer the current incentives only. None of the current sales offer bonus $500 OBC so I would lose it. I asked if they could honor it since I'm spending another $1K and staying within the Owner's Suites after all, but no luck. This change in room would essentially mean a +$1,500 difference.

I think I'll be better off keeping the $1500 and using it towards a bid for the Garden Villa.

We've stayed in SA on Star 12502 and 10006 SB on Dawn. Star was Alaska so no balcony no issue. Dawn was Bermuda so balconies nice to have.

You had the inner DOS but the outer is nicer if there are only 2 -3 of you as you have the huge living room and the wing.

The SB gives you another half bath plus the front and side balcony.

Both are really nice rooms but if in a warm area and price reasonable I'd say the SB but if you are going to lose some more money on a re-booking, probably not.