self disembarkation allowed ? earliest flight out of Rome?

CCJack

Does MSC allow self disembarkation? Also, what would be a comfortable earliest flight time out of FCO if we plan a private transfer from Civi after exiting the ship? Lufthansa has thrown us for a loop; our originally scheduled flight was for 7 am the day after our cruise ends. We were planning on spending one night at an airport hotel (note, we are spending 3 days pre cruise in Rome). But Lufthansa has cancelled the flight and rebooked us one day ahead - that is 7 am on the day the cruise ends. That won't work. I have to call and figure something out with them, and would like to have a comfortable time in mind to work from if they require us to leave on the day the cruise ends. I am thinking 1:00 pm or 1:30 or later. thanks.

MSC allowed disembarkation on our recent cruise so I would assume that is the norm. However there was no mention of self disembarkation on our documentation so I would check, and certainly ensure that you arrange it with guest services. In theory 1-1:30 pm ought to give sufficient time pending the ship docking and clearing customs. I would enquire with MSC as they may have busses going to Rome?

This is exactly my question! We want to get a flight out of Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport at 11am, from Civitavecchia. Does someone from MCS monitor this board? My browser crashes when I try to send them a question on their website. Thanks!

Tammy

We just back from Divina. Ship in port round 7 am. First guests out allowed by 7:45 am . Nothing mention in disembarkation form about walking with your luggage, but 1 pm flight should not be a problem. We booked private transfer to airport at 8:30 am and it took about 1 hour on Sunday morning to get there. You will not have a problem to go out fast , not many people disembark in Rome.

Figure on a 1 hour drive (it often takes only 50 min) from the Port of Civitavecchia to FCO. We recommend booking a private transfer with Romecabs.com (others recommend Romeinlimo.com) who will be waiting at the appointed time. Sharing a transfer with 1 or 2 other couples reduces the cost and its often easy to find couples via the CC Roll Call board. If you are flying to North America it is recommended that you be at the airport about 3 hours before your flight. As a general rule we feel very comfortable with flights after noon and have often taken a flight around 11 with no problem.

Hank

Sorry folks, I need to change my question, we have rebooked out flights for the day after - for an unrelated reason. So now we are staying at Hilton FCO and I would like to arrange a private car.

How long can we stay on the MSC ship in the morning. I assume we need to be out of our room by 7 am, but could we stay on board until 10am before leaving, pick up our luggage and meet our driver at 10:30? Or will they kick us out before then?

thank you.

Last year on Armonia docking at Marseille we had to be out of our room by 8am. As Eurostar back to U.K was not until 3-30 pm we went to guest services and asked if it was possible to disembark the ship a bit later.MSC allowed us to stay on the ship until 1pm.