Anthem IFly and North Star

We are sailing on the Anthem on June 14th . I booked the cruise about 10 months ago and since the time you could book activities the IFly and Northstar have shown to be unavailable and to book on ship. Does anyone know the procedure for scheduling once on board and how hard will it be to get reservations? There will only be two of us. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Anthem on June 14th . I booked the cruise about 10 months ago and since the time you could book activities the IFly and Northstar have shown to be unavailable and to book on ship. Does anyone know the procedure for scheduling once on board and how hard will it be to get reservations? There will only be two of us. Thanks in advance!

Download the Royal IQ app so you can book online at the ship. Get to the port early between 10 -10:30 so you are among the first to board. If reservations are not available on Royal IQ, go directly to the North Star and Ifly to make reservations.

The easiest way is to use the RoyalIQ app as soon as you board.

The prescribed way is to go to the “box office”which is the Bolleros bar. The problem there is that the people doing the reservations are random crew members earning a few extra bucks. The person that we used screwed up our reservations.

iFly will sell out fast.

NorthStar is best done in port or near land. We did ours as we left Cape Liberty (after the bridge) and did a standby in one of our ports of call.

Go right to the main theater once you board. There are tablets set up where you can reserve both with many time slots available. Try to arrive at the terminal by 10AM and board as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought these activities were available to book ahead of time via Cruise Planner?

They are, but they get booked really fast. Since they are sailing on June 14th, it means they are fully booked. They do hold extra slots for onboard booking though.

They are, but they get booked really fast. Since they are sailing on June 14th, it means they are fully booked. They do hold extra slots for onboard booking though.

Oh, okay. How fast do they usually 'sell out?' OP said she booked ten months ago.. Hoping we don't have issues when we book a year out. I'm super type A :D

This is correct. I booked the cruise in July of 2017 and not once were they available on the Cruise Planner. I would check once a week or so.

I will plan to get to port early, 10AM, so once I am on board I can book through the Royal IQ app.

Thank you for everyone's help.

They were definitely available on the cruise planner because I’m going on this same cruise and I booked both of these activities through there in January 2018 which is also when I booked the cruise itself. I think I just lucked out that that’s when those activities happened to first show up. For future reference, it’s good to log in periodically between 90-120 days out to check fo reservation availability. Also following your role call helps. Sometimes the people on there give you a heads up.

They were definitely available on the cruise planner because I’m going on this same cruise and I booked both of these activities through there in January 2018 which is also when I booked the cruise itself. I think I just lucked out that that’s when those activities happened to first show up. For future reference, it’s good to log in periodically between 90-120 days out to check fo reservation availability. Also following your role call helps. Sometimes the people on there give you a heads up.
Good point! I would log in once a week or so but just may have missed. I will remember to be signed up for the roll call early next time. I hope you have a good cruise, see you there.

Oh, okay. How fast do they usually 'sell out?' OP said she booked ten months ago.. Hoping we don't have issues when we book a year out. I'm super type A :D

They seem to go pretty quickly. You need to monitor when the reservations open up because of how quickly they get reserved. When you book doesn't necessarily matter, it's when they open up reservations. Hope this helps.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought these activities were available to book ahead of time via Cruise Planner?

Hi Carnival03 :)

As the other members stated, reservations for many things often fill up very fast in the cruise planner.

For example:

During my previous Anthem sailing when RipCord by iFly became available in my cruise planner, reservation time slots filled up & were only listed in the planner for 4 or 5 days.

Northstar reservation time slots filled up within 10 days, and The Escape Room reservations only lasted in the planner 2 days.

Check the cruise planner often. I typically check the planner once in the morning & once in the evening.

Have a terrific day!

:)

On our cruise last Sept., we got lucky and showed up to the Northstar just before it went up for the first time of the cruise (I think at 11 am). We got on with no problem and it was with a small group, beautiful day with a view of NYC.

It was a good thing that we got on because the online reservation I had booked ended up being cancelled due to mechanical problems. MDW and I didn't care much about it because we have been there and done that just the day before. Others there made a lot of noise and we ended up with $50 OBC. :D

When we were on Anthem after we boarded we went to just look at North Star. The crew asked if we wanted to get on and we did. Another time we were nearby and some people didn't show up and we just walked on.,

We are sailing on the Anthem on June 14th . I booked the cruise about 10 months ago and since the time you could book activities the IFly and Northstar have shown to be unavailable and to book on ship. Does anyone know the procedure for schedonce on board and how hard will it be to get reservations? There wi30+ll only be two of us. Thanks in advance!

I'm sailing on Anthem in July, 2019 with a family reunion and since we're a large group (30+) I thought I'd book Northstar, IFly and cabanas ahead of time but I'm having the same problem. I cannot book anything this far out. But I will download the app....that's good advice.

I was on the Anthem last week. (its amazing!!) Download the Royal IQ app as soon as you get on board. You will be able to book them. We changed our reservation times during the week without trouble. When we arrived for the Northstar, they actually waited to see if people without reservations would walk up. I also heard that its sometimes possible to walk up to Northstar on embarkation day. We were going to try that but the weather was a bit foggy. There were a couple of walk ins at IFly as well.

You'll be fine getting reservations for those, but if you want to do the escape room, reserve that the minute you get on board. I went on the app at 2pm on embarkation day and the only time slot available was 10:30 on the last day of our 9 day cruise. It books up fast.

Have a great cruise! We LOVED the Anthem!!

Terri

Hi Carnival03 :)

As the other members stated, reservations for many things often fill up very fast in the cruise planner.

For example:

During my previous Anthem sailing when RipCord by iFly became available in my cruise planner, reservation time slots filled up & were only listed in the planner for 4 or 5 days.

Northstar reservation time slots filled up within 10 days, and The Escape Room reservations only lasted in the planner 2 days.

Check the cruise planner often. I typically check the planner once in the morning & once in the evening.

Have a terrific day!

:)

Thanks for the advice. We cruise the Anthem next May and iFly / NorthStar are not showing in the Cruise Planner. I'm hoping this is due to the cruise being a year away, and not that the slots have already filled up... Right? :rolleyes:

I was on the Anthem last week. (its amazing!!) Download the Royal IQ app as soon as you get on board. You will be able to book them. We changed our reservation times during the week without trouble. When we arrived for the Northstar, they actually waited to see if people without reservations would walk up. I also heard that its sometimes possible to walk up to Northstar on embarkation day. We were going to try that but the weather was a bit foggy. There were a couple of walk ins at IFly as well.

You'll be fine getting reservations for those, but if you want to do the escape room, reserve that the minute you get on board. I went on the app at 2pm on embarkation day and the only time slot available was 10:30 on the last day of our 9 day cruise. It books up fast.

Have a great cruise! We LOVED the Anthem!!

Terri

Good to know :D I'm so glad you had a great cruise. I've read mixed reviews about the Anthem, but I'm so excited for it! 357 days to go...