West Caribbean in August or September?

Guym20

I want to go on a cruise to the West Caribbean, my options are from mid August to late September.

I read it's the height of the hurrican season, and there's lots of rain.

From your experience, is there any difference between August to September?

Also, since I want a sunny vacation, will the rain ruin it despite the hot weather?

Please don't recommend on going down south, and tell me how bad is the decision of going west at that time of year.

Will appreciate your opinion.

Thank you

• 2 months later...
I want to go on a cruise to the West Caribbean, my options are from mid August to late September.

I read it's the height of the hurrican season, and there's lots of rain.

From your experience, is there any difference between August to September?

Also, since I want a sunny vacation, will the rain ruin it despite the hot weather?

Please don't recommend on going down south, and tell me how bad is the decision of going west at that time of year.

Will appreciate your opinion.

Thank you

Hey, so what did you decide? My family has booked a carribean cruise in September after much debate. I have looked through numerous sites, reviews, and threads on the subject and have seen alot of people with beautiful weather during Sept. I know we are taking a risk but didn't have the option to go a different month so we bought additional insurance just in case. I also read that 2018 is expected to be a low hurricane and tropical storm year:):):):)

We have cruised Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean in Sept and never had a bad cruise. We were on the second cruise out of San Juan after the hurricane last year, and the weather was gorgeous. That's the only cruise in 6 years that we have even come close to having our cruise cancelled. We missed a port (St Maarten), but still had a great cruise. Obviously, it is a risk, but prices are generally lower.

Hey, so what did you decide? My family has booked a carribean cruise in September after much debate. I have looked through numerous sites, reviews, and threads on the subject and have seen alot of people with beautiful weather during Sept. I know we are taking a risk but didn't have the option to go a different month so we bought additional insurance just in case. I also read that 2018 is expected to be a low hurricane and tropical storm year:):):):)
Ginger crossed they are right. We have cruise booked end of August

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.