Carnival Dream Review May 20-27

h_blond2

Honduras

For our day in Roatan, we did book the Relax on the Beach package that Carnival offers. It was $50 for two people and included unlimited rides on the flying chairs, reserved beach chairs, a clamshell, and two floaties. We knew that there was no charge to use the beach at Mahogany Bay, but we knew we'd pay for the flying chairs anyway, and we liked the peace of mind of knowing that we would have beach chairs.

We were off the ship fairly early and made our way to the flying chairs. It does cost $14 person for unlimited rides, but we were able to skip the line and hop on the lift. I loved the chair lift! I know that you can walk a trail to the beach, but you can't beat the views that the chairs give you! I did walk the trail to the beach later in the day and it was a nice walk. When we got to the beach, we were led to our chairs. The employee took mom's sail and sign card and got our floaties. Mom's card was returned to her when we turned the floaties back in.

Our day in Roatan started out cloudy, but the sun did eventually come out. The Miracle was there with us and the beach was packed...we were glad we had reserved chairs! After a little time in the water, we made our way back to the pier to do a little shopping. We ended up buying all of our souvenirs in the craft market. Everything in the market is either made on Roatan, or on mainland Honduras, and the profits go back to help the people of Honduras. We bought baskets, pottery, Christmas ornaments, magnets, t-shirts, coffee, and chocolate. We then made our way back to the beach for the rest of the day. We really did have a great day, except for one glitch with a Fat Tuesday waiter. We had ordered drinks in the souvenir cups, which cost $20 after a tip. We each drank about half of our drink and then headed back to the water. We had left our cups on the table in our clamshell along with our cover ups, books, towels, bottles of water, flip-flops, sunscreen and beach bags. It was extremely obvious that we were still somewhere close by. From the water we noticed a waiter stop by our clamshell and it looked like he took something out of it. By the time we got to our chairs, the waiter was long gone and so were our half finished drinks in our souvenir cups! Not going to lie...we were pretty upset. The only reason we had even ordered drinks was to get the souvenir cups. We just could not understand why the waiter would take them! Mom ended up going to the bar and they gave her new cups after she explained what happened. Not long after that, we got back on the flying chairs, and after riding them around a few times, we got back on the ship around 4:00.

After we had showered and had grabbed a bite to eat, the Captain made an announcement. He told us that we were heading toward a tropical disturbance and that it was expected to be upgraded to a tropical storm. He told us that he was going to do his bbst to out run the storm. Mom and I just kind of laughed about it...what else could we do?

We spent some time on deck, watching Honduras slip from view and we headed to the show, which was America Rocks! It wasn't my favorite show, but it was pretty good. After the show was over, we realized that the ship was definitely moving. I wouldn't call it rough, but maybe kind of rocky. It was then that I started to worry about getting sea sick, but I never did! I went to the track to walk a few miles and then called it a night.20180524_093406.jpg.78aab067926ac36f9d7617dd0f34a96b.jpg

Sent from my LG-K371 using Forums mobile app

20180524_071601.jpg.a4f22845bd2071305a0c9000a52485ed.jpg

20180524_072358.jpg.3cb190f3be05b99f7c9d69b30de97021.jpg

20180524_072457.jpg.668cadf40379b6f768be6a7a1d80f9f7.jpg

20180524_073605.jpg.86c62ffa3ff211e6ef9d2fa3df851934.jpg

20180524_073849.thumb.jpg.786aa5dbc985d6101e541f810fc66201.jpg

20180524_092439.jpg.3fdca02fcfd18dd42e4a0e9f4c671f62.jpg

20180524_092705.jpg.b429f99a1e7291f04f7a98f3e24336e6.jpg

20180524_093323.thumb.jpg.c95fbea667a301c210be47d3a3172057.jpg

Are the reserved chairs in the front row, or are they anywhere? Also, Re they in a separate beach area than the large area where all the chairs are?
The reserved chairs were in the first few rows, but it's the same beach that everyone uses.

Sea Day...Tropical Storm Alberto

As we slept that night, we cruised full speed ahead and the tropical disturbance had officially become Subtropical Storm Alberto. We were up around 7 and headed to Lido to get some breakfast. By now, the water had calmed down, but the ship was still rocking. The winds were somewhere around 70 mph and they weren't letting people go outside on certain decks. Many doors had signs on them and other were simply locked. Mom and I jokingly said that we were being held prisoner on the ship, but it wasn't that bad. We found some chairs at the Ocean Plaza and settled in for a few hours. We did some reading and did some trivia.

Around noon, the sun started to come out and the Captain announced that we had seemed to have outrun the storm and that the storm was tracking a little east of our path back to NOLA. I really do want to brag on Captain Carlo...he did an awesome job of keeping us safe and keeping us updated as the weather conditions changed. As the weather got better, we made our way outside and spent a few hours enjoying the sun and the calm seas, but it was SUPER windy! We were also way ahead of schedule, and there was talk of us getting to NOLA early, but that was just gossip and I wasn't worried about getting there early.

I'm honestly not sure what we did for the rest of the day, but we did go to the last show that evening. We went in with high expectations for Flick, but it was just weird. There is no other way to describe it. Mom and I both consider ourselves pretty artsy, but Flick was just way out in left field somewhere. After the show, we went up to watch a movie. We got there for the end of Justice League and stuck around for Thor: Ragnarok. The sunset that night was so pretty!

I can officially say that I have cruised through a tropical storm and didn't get seasick! Go me! [emoji3]

We prefer the interior cabins. Not only does it save money for other things on the trip, it's nice to take a nap in the afternoon to gear up for late night activities.
I like the interior cabins more than I thought I would. I do sleep so well in them!

Final sea day

Once again, we woke up early, ate breakfast and headed out to get some sun. The morning was mostly sunny, but we would pass through rain showers every so often. No downpours, but just enough rain to make you get off your chair, get out of the rain for about 5 minutes and then head back to your chair.

About noon we packed up our things, ate lunch and headed to the Q & A with our cruise director, Lee. I'm not one who really cares about the cruise director, but Lee was funny and entertaining. I give him an A. After the Q & A was over wondered down to atrium and listened the the singing duo, FloUpTuOus. They did mostly covers, but put their own spin on the songs. About 4, we begrudgingly headed to our room to get a jump start on packing, and I took a nap...something I never do at home. We grabbed a quick dinner, and then headed to the Lip Sync Battle finale. Normally, I think lip syncing is pretty stupid, but the show was good and the contestants really got in to it and I could tell that they were having a blast. We ended the night back up on deck, watching the oil rigs as we passed them by. I'm always sad when I see these because I know that the cruise is coming to an end.

Despite the few hiccups we experienced, this truly was a great cruise! Now just 351 days until my next one! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

FB_IMG_1527985644139.jpg.c7f6297706b2849ea13d933345156290.jpg

20180526_085950.jpg.030b0cec469f1d1a04b55312821bb62d.jpg

20180526_090000.thumb.jpg.7e053b2c9c7f9effcc3971733d8f3a9f.jpg

20180526_104525.jpg.4c11d2de3d47baef7b2a0419f321441d.jpg

20180526_104530.jpg.f79562d94c27cdd62d80334b975928f1.jpg

20180526_122040.thumb.jpg.27253eb5ccd92aba37eedb955b680653.jpg

20180526_200841.jpg.290a82c84d9996056fec781c1e977c92.jpg

FB_IMG_1527985620625.thumb.jpg.d4ece650c47b35d96895f6474a3cba3c.jpg

FB_IMG_1527985632683.thumb.jpg.84d7efe039e2234d88a2ac6e37d1eb5f.jpg

I really enjoyed your review and pictures...too bad I wasn't able to get any pictures of Dream leaving NOLA for your sail away or I'd have been happy to share. By the time you sailed back in, we were already home. I would love to sail out of NOLA one of these days! Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your cruise.

I really enjoyed your review and pictures...too bad I wasn't able to get any pictures of Dream leaving NOLA for your sail away or I'd have been happy to share. By the time you sailed back in, we were already home. I would love to sail out of NOLA one of these days! Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your cruise.

I love cruising from NOLA. Cruising down the Mississippi River is great!

I enjoyed your review! We sailed on the dream 2 years ago during spring break and we enjoyed our cruise. We are booked for this year on her during Thanksgiving. I wanted to sail on her one more time before she moves to Galveston. I love sailing out of New Orleans! Did you notice that the lines were long for food? That is the only thing we noticed compared to the smaller ships

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the review and pictures! We sail on the Dream for the first time in August and are getting excited!!

I know y'all don't eat in the MDR or steakhouse but do you happen to know if they had the new port day breakfast menu in the MDR or the new steakhouse menu? Thanks for any help!