First time on MSc ... questions

teamflames

Hi all,

We have just booked our first ever Caribbean cruise and our first ever MSC cruise. We will be on the Divina in November.

We have sailed on other lines including celebrity, Hal, ncl around a dozen times all up.

I just logged on and can see our booking, I can’t see any specialty dining packages, is this normal? There is only the galaxy or the eataly , one is $23 and one $28. Are there other options? Do people recommend them?

We were given drinks on us package and decided to upgrade to the classic as it gives more options and includes gratuities on the drinks. Are all specialty coffees and bottled water (San Pellegrino especially) included?

Do they tend to do a lot of activities onboard like ncl?

Other than mdr and Buffett are there other free eating options such as bar food, cafes?

Appreciate any tips we might not know about.

We are select on celebrity and will be gold on ncl at end of month (not sure what we are on Hal ... done 35 days), how do we go about getting a matching? Do we mention all of them?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As nuggets on MSC I can only answer your last question. You apply for loyalty match on the web site, you'll have to drill down to find the link. You will need to provide proof of your status and attach that to your submission. You can only pick one line to match, so pick your highest level. We were 3 star on HAL and platinum on Princess. Chose HAL, got an email a week later confirming Gold status on MSC.

Word of caution, you only get one bite at the apple. Only one submission allowed, no changing or modifications after you hit the send button.

Will look forward to all the MSC regulars responding to the rest of your excellent questions, this inquiring mind wants to know the answers also.

Also wanted to ask is there an anytime dining in the mdr? Or do you have to select a certain seating?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

You have to have Aurea experience to get anytime dining. Otherwise, it is fixed seating from what I am told.

Divina is a lovely ship. We have sailed Royal and Celebrity, and found the food on Divina to be the best we have had at sea. We had a free dinner at Eataly through the Voyagers Club, and I had the best pasta dish there I have ever had, either on land or sea. Please make sure you go to the pizzeria and get a yard of pizza. It was wonderful!

Divina is a lovely ship. We have sailed Royal and Celebrity, and found the food on Divina to be the best we have had at sea. We had a free dinner at Eataly through the Voyagers Club, and I had the best pasta dish there I have ever had, either on land or sea. Please make sure you go to the pizzeria and get a yard of pizza. It was wonderful!

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear the food was good. We find Celebrity food to be good, think Hal is usually better, ncl who our most recent cruises have been with are behind them but feel it was improved on our most recent sailing.

Definitely like trying the special restaurants, was hoping for a dining package but not seeing one on their website. I know yours was free but do you know how much it normally is?

Do you know what time the dining sittings are in the mdr?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We tried all of the specialty restaurants on our recent cruise on Divina which were bought as a package. After reading reviews, we thought we were saving the best until last by leaving that to the Galaxy and were bitterly disappointed. The menu was not at all to our personal liking, the service was poor and the venue packed atmosphere.

Best of all, as far as we were concerned, was the Eataly Steak House. So much so that we exchanged our night in the Italian for a second run at the steak menu.