Considering Azamara - some questions (including about suites)

GeezerCouple

We are considering an Azamara Antarctic "sail by" cruise in the future.

Photos look phenomenal!

We've been on Oceania, but on their larger ships, so we haven't yet experienced the same ships that Azamara has (which might be different from how the Oceania ships are designed/furnished anyway).

With the "suites" in Azamara, it mentions Butler service, but I can't seem to find what this includes.

Is it possible to dine en suite? That is one of the luxuries we tend to enjoy, but it's not necessary.

(We recently did a Norway round trip on Hurtigruten, where there were pretty much no special services at all, and it was one of our favorite cruises, so we are flexible. But it helps to know what to expect.)

There is mention of "Complimentary seating in the specialty restaurants dining". Is that for a limited number of dinners?

Any other hints about what is included with the Suites?

DH enjoys wandering around, and finding "quiet corners" to relax. Are there quiet seating areas to choose from? I tend to prefer lounging (or sleeping) on the balcony.

Finally (for now), is there a good cafe for lattes?

Many thanks!

GC

We are considering an Azamara Antarctic "sail by" cruise in the future. Photos look phenomenal!

We've been on Oceania, but on their larger ships, so we haven't yet experienced the same ships that Azamara has (which might be different from how the Oceania ships are designed/furnished anyway).

Azamara's R-ships were updated more recently than Oceania's, and they look terrific.

With the "suites" in Azamara, it mentions Butler service, but I can't seem to find what this includes.

Is it possible to dine en suite? That is one of the luxuries we tend to enjoy, but it's not necessary.

(We recently did a Norway round trip on Hurtigruten, where there were pretty much no special services at all, and it was one of our favorite cruises, so we are flexible. But it helps to know what to expect.)

Our most recent Azamara cruise was in a CW Owners Suite (aft corner balcony). We loved it. We are pretty low maintenance, and the Butler seemed upset that he couldn't do more for us. This suite includes a real dining table, and we luxuriated with breakfast-in-suite every morning. Didn't try dinner that way because we enjoyed a table for two in the MDR [and the possibility, but not necessity, to have a conversation with the couple at the table on either side]. We also enjoyed the daily afternoon savories – which unlike Celebrity were actually very good.

Here is the page on Azamara's website that lists all suite amenities, including "Dine in your suite from restaurant menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Azamara/General_Info/AZA_Top_Suites_Flyer_KS_V12

There is mention of "Complimentary seating in the specialty restaurants dining." Is that for a limited number of dinners?

It is unlimited. But we didn't partake because the MDR menus were so good.

Any other hints about what is included with the Suites?

The bar set-up was nice [375ml bottles of 4 different liquors, but you can ask to switch them out to your preference].

We enjoyed unlimited internet – because the CW OBC covered the upgrade from the normal 235 minute packages.

One bag of laundry – with fast turnaround because [i assume] top suites get top service.

DH enjoys wandering around, and finding "quiet corners" to relax. Are there quiet seating areas to choose from? I tend to prefer lounging (or sleeping) on the balcony.

The ship has several quiet corners on deck 10: the Living Room [front-facing lounge], the Card Room, and the Drawing Room. And no annoying loud music!

Finally (for now), is there a good cafe for lattes?

For starters, there is room service in your suite! [i ordered 2 capuchinos with breakfast every morning.] Also the Mosaic Cafe on deck 5.

Keep asking! Azamara is terrific and with a third ship it will have 50% more of everything!

PS – Pay no attention to the heat you got on the Antarctic sail-by question. If we take an Antarctic cruise, it will only be a sail-by – DW and I are both fully agile and active, but we hate the cold. In Alaska we enjoyed going out on deck to view the glaciers – but were equally glad that we could retreat inside at a moment's notice to warm up before going out again. Once you're on an Antarctic zodiac, you're stuck for the duration...

Laundry turn around is pretty fast whichever stateroom you’re in. We put ours out one day and got it back, beautifully pressed and (where appropriate) hung on hangers.

One thing Jazzbeau didn’t mention is that if you are in one of the top suites you are invited to a special ‘Best of the Best’ dinner. I’ve never been been to it as I’ve never been in a top suite, but it looks amazing in the photos I’ve seen.

Please ask any other questions you have.

Sent from my iPad using Forums