Balcony Doors on Coral Princess

Barbara60

On our last cruise, the Island, from LA to LA Pacific Adventure I noticed durning the day the our mini stayed cool. We pulled the door curtains as well as the cabin divider curtains. At night , when it should have been cool, it got warm. My explanation to my wife was exactly whats posted here. People wanting to "listen" to the waves while lying in bed. Easy remedy, go sleep on the balcony so you don't screw everyone else. Second remedy, turn on the TV to the ocean sound channel.

On our last cruise, the Island, from LA to LA Pacific Adventure I noticed durning the day the our mini stayed cool. We pulled the door curtains as well as the cabin divider curtains. At night , when it should have been cool, it got warm. My explanation to my wife was exactly whats posted here. People wanting to "listen" to the waves while lying in bed. Easy remedy, go sleep on the balcony so you don't screw everyone else. Second remedy, turn on the TV to the ocean sound channel.

I tried to suggest that ( https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2617224 )for our upcoming cruise :D, did not go over too well ;).

Theo

The newer Royal class systems have an individual AC unit for each cabin which reduces this problem.

The newer Royal class systems have an individual AC unit for each cabin which reduces this problem.

All of the older Fincantieri built Carnival Corp ships did not have the individual cabin recirculation coolers, but still had a dual system, one for recirculation and one for fresh air, both serving banks of cabins. The Royal class and beyond do have the individual coolers for each cabin (stepping up to what most lines have had for 20 years), but there is still the fresh air supply linked to many cabins, so the problem of air balance still exists.

As an engineer (SW by practice, all forms by heart), I have to say I follow the A/C threads for what I learn from you about cruise ship engineering. Our family enjoy talking about the "backstage" side of things. We're the crew at the theme park pointing and discussing how the rides work with our kids. Threads like this are gold. Many thanks.

All of the older Fincantieri built Carnival Corp ships did not have the individual cabin recirculation coolers, but still had a dual system, one for recirculation and one for fresh air, both serving banks of cabins. The Royal class and beyond do have the individual coolers for each cabin (stepping up to what most lines have had for 20 years), but there is still the fresh air supply linked to many cabins, so the problem of air balance still exists.

Well it's definitely an improvement over the older ships without them.

I wonder how many people who sleep with the balcony door open do the same at home with the AC on?

Not many, but on my first cruise I did believe I had it switched off and I could enjoy fresh air and sounds from the sea without feeling guilty. Only later I understood that you shouldn't.

IMHO, the image in post #10 should say "To preserve air conditioning for you and your neighbours keep balcony doors closed" as it's not obvious that your open door would affect the cabin next door.

Edited by AmazedByCruising

I tried to suggest that ( https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2617224 )for our upcoming cruise :D, did not go over too well ;).

Theo

I read that thread as well, that's why I posted that. Took a Carnival cruise a few years back. I'm a early riser, to work out before beer drinking, and it was interesting to see most of the clam shell loungers filled with late night party people leftovers. Once the sun came up they hurried like cockroaches back to a dark place to sleep it off.

Anything is possible ... HOWEVER, open balcony door mess up the A/C for many other cabins ... AND Princess and other lines ask that the doors remain closed but for the time it takrd tk exit/re-enter the cabin for the comfort of one's fellow pax

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

.??