Pack and Go Fares

molme

Has anyone tried to book more than one room at the pack and go rate? Our daughter and family would like to cruise with us this summer and I was wondering if we could get the same rate for them that we get or if it is only for past guests.

TIA

If you can't get two rooms at the rate the "normal" way, you can get it by booking yourself in one room (with some of the family) and spouse in another room with the rest of the family. When you board, Passenger Services with give you extra keys as needed to allow people to sleep in the rooms they wish. This trick also gives you elite perks in each cabin (if applicable).

Each cruise calls it something different but still the same. Cruises less the 90 days away.

OK--the Princess web site calls it "drop and go," and this is a Princess board...so I wasn't sure if there was something I hadn't discovered yet.

If you can't get two rooms at the rate the "normal" way' date=' you can get it by booking yourself in one room (with some of the family) and spouse in another room with the rest of the family. When you board, Passenger Services with give you extra keys as needed to allow people to sleep in the rooms they wish. This trick also gives you elite perks in each cabin (if applicable).[/quote']

But screws up your folios; I might not want the friends I'm traveling with to be able to review my

charges, and they might feel the same about me.

Often when I have booked something like this, there is a way to extend the offer to a friend.

But screws up your folios; I might not want the friends I'm traveling with to be able to review my

charges, and they might feel the same about me.

Often when I have booked something like this, there is a way to extend the offer to a friend.

It doesn't screw up your folio as long as each person in the room has their account tied to their credit card. Unless you have agreed to take financial responsibility for someone else, you can only access your own folio on the machines. If you are on the new system where you can see it on the TV, that's different. And OP is traveling with a daughter, not casual friends.

When I authorize my credit card for my daughter's use, she can view only her own folio. I can view both, since both are on my card.

But I totally agree that the whole thing is cleaner if Princess will extend the good rate to your friend or family member....unless you want both cabins to have Elite perks.

It doesn't screw up your folio as long as each person in the room has their account tied to their credit card.

Mrs. Pablo and I get lots of onboard credit that is intended for both of us, but appears only in the folio of one.

Loyalty credit, shareholder credit, etc.

Unless we are in the same cabin, with our folios cleared together, we won't be able to easily share the credits.

Mrs. Pablo and I get lots of onboard credit that is intended for both of us, but appears only in the folio of one.

Loyalty credit, shareholder credit, etc.

Unless we are in the same cabin, with our folios cleared together, we won't be able to easily share the credits.

The operative word is "easily." You can arrange to pay for someone's expenses with a simple trip to Passenger Services. And somehow, with the exception of move down and move over offers, I've alway managed to spend all the credit I had. You are lucky to have so much!

It's really a matter of what works best or most easily for the people involved. The only place I can see that it makes much difference is in the Captain's Club status, which, unless they are Elite, is also rather negligible.

If both families sign up for Princess' email specials, you both should get the Pack & Go rates dropping into your inbox. EM

Can confirm this and it happened surprisingly quick for me. Our first cruise was only booked 2-3 weeks ago. We don't sail until April 2019, we've never sailed Princess before. And the cruise was not even booked by me- it was booked by my Dad. But my email is listed since I'm in the cabin. But a few days ago, I got my first 'Drop and Go' email.. if I recall, the deal was $199pp inside cabin for a 7 day Alaska cruise! Super tempting, but it sails this week and I think there's a port or two in Canada, and I don't have my passport yet. But it sure makes checking my email a lot more exciting. ;)

For some cruises, there is sometimes verbiage at the bottom of the Booking Summary page in the Cruise Personalizer indicating that you can share your rate with friends or family. We did that once before and were able to get two additional cabins and they all had the same perks as we received as part of the email special. I looked at my current booked cruises and didn't see the option, but neither was booked under an emailed / special deal.

The operative word is "easily." You can arrange to pay for someone's expenses with a simple trip to Passenger Services.

You can certainly apply your cash, or your credit card to another's account.

I don't think you can transfer non-refundable company supplied on board credit.

However, as another poster mentioned, after booking special rates, there is often

a link or code to share with another, so they can get the same rate.

I have done this.